Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday February 6,2024

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday February 6,2024

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:07 am

Good morning,

Sorry that I haven't been here but we have been busy with the desk and the computer and oh yes the washing machine also.

Yesterday we had errands then when we got back I finally took the plunge and got us both on line now that's done .

Today is the gym then home I have some wash that needs to be done and in between I will sew.

Mary it sound like you and Bill are enjoying this week with Amara.

Judi while you are in Florida maybe go take a ride and look at some of the other listing for next year.

Well thats all the news from here.
I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Re: Tuesday February 6,2024

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:46 am

Good morning,

I was sleeping so soundly, dreaming about quilts, actually, when coyotes started howling. And it wasn't the coyotes that woke me, but Dog Boy barking at them. Everyone should have a dog! NOT!

LOIS - there you are! I noticed you hadn't been around. How was the desk assembly? Is it a keeper? And you still love your new washer?

LYN - So glad your neighbor wasn't off to Tempe, but to Temple! And that she's coming home soon. I hope she has a quick and complete recovery. Thanks for the correction and the update! I wish her well.

LORI - I hope you get those lotto blocks done. I just can't play this month. I don't have the fabric or the time. Good luck! How is your dad doing?

SHARONA - I was wondering if you might have had RSV. Had you gotten the immunization? Sure hope your cough goes away soon and your energy level is back to normal. Good news that you are back in the sewing room! And yay! You have marjoram! I do, too, now! I found some down here and bought it! And nice to know I'll be remembered for something at least! :lol:

JANA - look at you - so efficient yesterday getting all those house uglies done early in the day! What did you work on in your batt cave? I need a haircut badly. One of the first things I'll do when I get home again.

JUDI - sorry about the windstorm. My bad. And yeah - weren't those groceries high-priced! A person could grow skinny in FL! You will be doing windows when you get home? Always good to have something to look forward to!

CHRISS - I'm glad Jerry has the Super Bowl party to look forward to and your dad and son coming. Such a guy party! I haven't tried this but I've seen lasagna made by laying out each noodle, topping it with the fillings that go into lasagna, roll up the noodle, and put it into a muffin tin. You can freeze them this way or bake them. Instant individual servings. As for a crockpot supper - doesn't Jana have a recipe for crack chicken that you liked? I've made it too. Would that work?

KATY - do you live on your farm and are just selling the property around the house? Or is your house separate from the farm? Is the person who is buying a developer or a farmer or ??

DIANE - I wonder why website glitches happen to some of us and not to the others. QIAD seems to have more than it's fair share. So far I'm getting their daily sales but one morning a week or so ago I think their website was down. Yesteray's offering was a book on cool-looking scrappy quilts. I looked at it 3 times through the day and finally succumbed and bought it.

MARY Q - did you find a place for all your new fabrics? We visited Sue and I loved her fabric storage system - open shelving completely covering one wall, floor to ceiling. All neatly folded and arranged by color. She had a four or five drawer plastic cart, about 2 feet wide for scraps.

Yesterday was the day! kind of, anyway. Our little Miss Boots took 3 wobbly steps! And later in the day, three different times, she took 2 steps. (and no, we didn't tell her parents, so shhhhh!!) And as her mama predicted it was to chase cats! :lol: We're going back again today. As for sewing, I dreamed a neat idea that I hope I can remember: For Christmas I got Lori Holt's Spelling Bee book. I has patterns to piece 6" letters. I think making letters to spell out the little kids' names on the backs of the quilts I just finished down here - Cats, Unicorns, Foxes, Farm - would be a neat way of labeling them. Maybe even the year, too, since numbers are also in the book. I'm going to think about this. Something to add to my already lengthy list when I get home.

Y'all have a Terrific Tuesday!
mary z
>^+^<

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:10 am

Morning
Today is probably going to be a Sam's Club run...but I'm ok staying home to nap.
Kids were here for supper yesterday. I love it, but it wears me out. And they did the dishes! Tonight's supper is simple Banquet pot pies.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:28 am

Good Morning Lois and Maryz so far...we are still windy,,,and 56. I of course am always cold so I have long pants and a light long sleeve...it will warm to 65,,,here. I just saw that Toby Keith died,,,he was famous for"red solo cup" and "I shoulda been a cowboy" I really liked his music...rip
We had a nice dinner last night and our waitress was so cool...She was half Turkish and Half Puerto Rican with bright pink hair...She was super good and super nice...not many combos like that,,,
I havent sewn but think I will today,,,I have been listening to books on my phone and finished a book...I have 2 more in the series and will load them....but the hexis are calling my name...it is too windy to sew outside so today may be ab indoor day,,,,It is Glorias turn to cook and she will probably go to the grocery store...I will tag along since she will make me go with her,,,I believe we are having pork chops..and mashed potatoes...and salad... It will be my turn and I will make a pot of soup...of some sort...so I might want to get the fixins for that,,,
Lois we have been looking for next year,,,and perhaps a little farther south as it gets warmer the farther south you go...I love the ocean but the closer you get the price for rentals triples...A house like this one near the ocean for 3 weeks was around 15K yikes...is right...
Maryz we never tell the parent s if the kids say or do anything "new" the other grand parents do not either,,,but when mt oldes t son was a baby our sitter an elderly gramma who loved him dearly would always call me and tell me what he had done that day,,,I always felt bad,,having missed it all...
Flo having company can be tiring,,,I havent had those froxen pot pies since forever,,,didnt know they still made them...
Well i think I will get out the hexis and decide the pattern i will make...I had a start that disappeared about 20 or 30 hexis,,just a random sew and I lost the piece...I searched every where and I think I may have donated it with some fabric to the church ladies who do project linus,,,no one said anything but it is gone...so I have around 1750 hexis so they will start being a quilt of some sort...I have a ton of patterns but nothing grabs me...since my hexis are all different colors I will think on it for awhile...maybe a color wash quilt will do...Hope you all have a great day.....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:07 am

Good morning Girls

Ok, get this... it's February in Minnesota right.... and you know MN can have nasty snowy winters... Today's expected Hight temperature is 50*!!!!! I could almost get out my shorts and flip flops!! I'm thinking I just might go wash my car today, tho I'm sure there will be a long line!!!

Lois.... So all went well getting your desk together? And your new computer is all set up and ready to go? I can remember a time... back in the late 70's when NO ONE had a home computer--or only the very rich did! When we bought the drugstore back in 1985, I didn't have a computer and did all the bookkeeping by hand! The first computer I had, didn't even have Windows! Just plain old DOS system. We sure have come a long way!

Maryz... Given a choice between a dog and cat... I'd still take the dog! :lol: :lol: OH How I would love to have shelves like Sue's!!! I did kind of have storage like that at the house, in one of the downstairs bedrooms. But alas no room here. I have found a home for all of it so far. Though I'd love to get out to the garage and re-org a little. Did Amara take some steps when Mom and Dad got home?

Flo... Must be ESP as I was just thinking about making a Sam's run this morning. I don't always need large quantities of stuff, but I sure like having extra coffee, TP and laundry detergent on hand. The problem with going to Sam's is I might need to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay it off!!

Judi... I did see Toby Keith passed this morning, when I logged onto the internet. And it looks like the world is all a-buzz about King Charles Cancer Diagnosis. I haven't read all the details of it--like which cancer, because frankly I don't really care! What books are you listening to? I'm just finishing up a John Grisham book and have 4 more on my shelf. I have a light by my bed that turns on automatically at 9:30pm, that reminds to me turn off the TV and read!!

Chriss. I'm thinking Jerry is getting hungry and eating well again since he stopped the Chemo. At this point I say give him what ever he wants! How about throw that chicken in the crockpot with some velveeta cheese and salsa and make a really cool chunky dip out of it!

Sharon... You got RSV??? OH dear, hope you are feeling better every day!! I haven't gotten my flu shot or the RSV shot this year. Just haven't gotten around to it! For sure I'm up to date on my Covids. Maybe I should go on line and schedule at Walgreens!!!

Lori... How did the Lotto block go for you? I got 4 done yesterday! Once you get the hang of it they go pretty fast... It's just squaring up those HST's!! :lol: I thought the partial seam would be hard, but it's actually really easy!!

It is shower day here, which means I can get out of the house! I need gas and a quick run into the grocery store. I made myself a big bowl of chopped up veggies but the cuke I had froze somehow so I'm going to go grab another. I should go get my oil changed too, but that might be for another day. Since it's going to get so warm today I just might go out and re-org in the garage. My DB Tim and his wife Laurie are coming to visit tomorrow, so I'll need to do some tidying up in the house too. With luck Tim will help me put up the new shelves. I'm so excited... I LOVE LOVE LOVE shelves!!!!

Gotta go check in at Supper Club!!!

See y'all tomorrow

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:26 am

Good morning!

Round two of the pineapple express is due today. It gave us lots of snow in the mountains and lots of rain on me. A great thing, water, and no shoveling!

No place to run out to, just get to stay in and play! I'm awaiting my fabric kit to arrive. It was shipped yesterday, from Logan, so should be here tomorrow or Thursday. In the meantime, I'll finish up a binding or some quilting on a wall hanging. I've gotten to like some kits for projects. Must be getting lazy in my old age. Nice to just grab the kit and sew!

Well off to feed Michael, then devotional, then play!

Hugs,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:36 am

Sunny but cool at the Marker house.

MaryZ, I designed letters for Maddox quilt, which has his name on it. I rounded the edges and used El's method for turn applique. Ironed them on, then blanket stitched down. I'm glad you're quiet about Ms Boots steps. I remember the babysitter telling me that Stacey had stood up in the crib. I went home and cried because I missed that First.

MaryQ, I heard they weren't telling what kind of cancer the King has.

We got Chris's C Class to the repair shop. She is happy with the bid, even though it's a chunk of change, because they're replacing decking and redoing roof to a higher standard. I was surprised that Garry got up so early and went with us. We made a few other stops. I got another 3 yards of the backing fabric at JoAnn's, found a laptop bag at Best Buy. We looked at gun safes at Cabela's and Garry wasn't happy when he found out it would cost $325 to deliver. Also looked at a used, towable car for Chris.

I've decided I want a small TV in the guest bedroom, so we'll go to Walmart today. Chris is very handy and will help me mount it on the wall.

Prayers for your needs.
Lyn

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:25 am

Hello, real quick today. Spent the last 3 days at the hospital so DD could have some time away before she goes home. Josiah is doing very well and going home today. He is going to continue his blood thinner shots at home. DD and DSIL have learned how to give them. If weather permits I woke up there this weekend.

Maryq, they live in Fernley Nevada but is currently in Benioff's Children's Hospital in Oakland California. The hospital Is associated with u c san francisco medical school.

Anyway off to work. I have a patient at nine o'clock and then all the rest of my day is in saint helena. Just wanted to catch you all up and let you know. Everything's fine i'm just busy.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:27 am

Good morning. Another soggy day here. Moose braved the rain to go out into the field to take care of business. I have 4 umbrellas. Two are those tiny purse sized that really aren't useful. One of my larger ones is on it's way out and the second one will hopefully last the winter. I think before it's over I will be making an umbrella purchase.

Lori, that chicken is in the same section as the rotisserie chickens. near the prepared foods. It's sure a time saver.

Lois, sounds like things are falling into place.

Maryz, woo hoo for those steps. Let the cat beware, she's coming. I have the Lori Holt spelling bee book, hmmmm, good thinking. Jerry wants to have pepperoni pizza and coors light at the superbowl. He wondered if he could have alcohol. I told him he can have whatever he wants. So, beer and pizza it will be. I also promised him that he will never go to the hospital again because that is also what he wants.

Flo, if you could pick me up a gallon of milk I'd appreciate it.

Judi, Glad you are enjoying your time there. Your waitress sounds quirkily cute.

Maryq, I also prefer dogs. If cats didn't have a litter box they would be more endearing. You had veggies cut up? I have a salad almost daily. Love those veggies. I'm thinking I will take the chicken and make a broccoli, chicken, cauliflower rice casserole. Or, I have a 1/4 ham in the freezer, maybe I should thaw it and make it with some mac N cheese. Would love to use up what is in the freezer and fridge.

Jana, if your round two is coming from my house it's a pretty whimpy storm. I'll try to send better before the week is out.

Lyn, sounds like a busy and fun day for you today. Busy but fun.

Valerie, I pray the weather is in your favor and you can get to Nevada. Thankfully Fernley is quite a distance form Las Vegas and the superbowl. Also thankful that 80 is a main interstate and will be plowed for you.

The Hospice nurse called this morning and wanted to come at 1pm, I told her mornings are better so she changed it to 10am and will now be here around 10:30 or so. I get running late on occasion, but I hope this isn't going to be the norm, but won't anticipate trouble until it happens.

I guess the dishes are my responsibility today so I had best get them dnoe. I also need breakfast and to start my day.

Happy Tuesday,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:13 am

The news this morning said King Charles has prostate cancer,,,which at his age is very treatable...and my dad had it and lived to be 90.
Maryq I was reading Claus by Tony Betauski he has 2 other books ..It is a science fiction story about the origin of santa....way out of my wheel house but it was good...I didnt bring any paper books but have three of his books on audible...I also read some Amish fiction. I also read "The quilt that knew" a mystery xxxxoooo

Return to “Sew ins”