Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MONDAY, February 5th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

MONDAY, February 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:50 am

Good morning,

It was a VERY windy day here yesterday with gusts up to 40mph. I saw things on the grass in our yard (campsite) and went out to see what they were. Two sites up someone's trashcan blew over and trash was blowing all over! Well, I was into it then, so I fought the wind and picked up all their trash (yuck!) and repositioned their can and secured the lid. Then their yard flag was in danger of blowing away so I pulled up the stake and laid it down under their trailer. I hope they find it. They weren't home.

CHRISS - I loved the picture of Jerry and his brother. Jerry looked pretty good in the photo though I suspect it took all his energy to pose for it. When you 'set up' the spare room, are you going to set it up as a guest room? Overflow sewing? Craft room? And oh! I hear you on a dog's potty site selection. I always wonder what makes one place more desirable over another. And why it takes them so long. It's just potty, for cat's sake!

JANA - good to know we have someone in the crowd who can control the clouds! Such a handy skill! Your party sounds like it's all coming together.

MARY Q - if your state flower blocks came in a panel, then they aren't the same ones I did. Mine were ones that were individually stamped on 12" blocks, though when I was done with mine, I think I trimmed them all down to 9" or 10". Has the fabric storm passed or do you think there is more to come? Thanks for reminding me to make sure Scottie is included in our book for Amara. She loves him. She's never met Foxy but she does have 3 cats of her own, Sunny, Ninja, and Alki. They have those neat handles on their back ends for easy grabbing! :lol: Autumn has made sure the cats have several high places to nap out of reach.

TINA B - I understand wanting to spoil your hard-working daughter. I've made a few things to tuck into Autumn's freezer. Harder to cook for them, though. They are both vegetarians plus Antonio's BS is too high and he's now termed "pre-diabetic".

LYN - I love your yard - and I remembered that you had mowed it even if your hubby didn't! Oh, I can't imagine being allergic to cats! When I met Bill, I told him if he has any allergies he just better get over them, because the cats had seniority and they were there to stay. I was thinking of your poor neighbor yesterday. Is she one who helps keep an eye on your place when you're not there? Tempe, AZ?? There wasn't anyplace in Texas that could take her? Austin? Dallas? Houston? What were her injuries.

JUDI - happy vacationing! Have you been in the pool yet? Hit any LQSs? Yarn stores? I love yarn even though I don't use it. Our weather seems to go east so be prepared for a lot of wind soon. Glad you are set for Mexican Train. Where did you find the game to buy?

KATY - it's hard to keep up with all that's going on in your life! Praying everything and everybody all turns out the way it's meant. Stay well! P.S. I'm glad you went for the steak for your birthday lunch. Catfish! Double ick!

Yesterday we cleaned our trailer. Took a long walk, and I put a big crockpot of chili on to cook. Then I got out Fab Farm and it took me the rest of the day, but I got 'er dun! It's ready for quilting! After that I got all my sewing projects and the machine all packed away for travel. We've been here 3 months and I've only been able to get 4 quilt tops finished. But it's still the best Texas winter yet! :D This morning I mopped the trailer floor. Not on purpose. Scottie was so excited about his breakfast he was jumping into the air and came down in his water dish. Water water everywhere! So as long as the water was there, I pulled out a big rag and voila`! Another to-do-before-we-leave job crossed off my list! A bad dog turned into a good dog, just with a flick of a rag! Today we're back to babysitting. Maybe today will be walking day. She is taking a single step but just to get from one place to another. I call them transition steps.

Wishing everyone a Marvy Monday!

mary z
>^+^<

velvet

Re: MONDAY, February 5th

Post by velvet » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:17 am

I have not received any "everyday" sales from QIAD for the last couple of days. The customer service is checking into it for me. Being all into the high-tech--I probably hit the wrong do-hickey. (as usual)
Diane

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:58 am

Good morning all
Maryz I love catfish and this restaurant deep fries them. But since it was my birthday I decided to spoil me. Steak it was. And Sis paid for it. Now I can get a catfish later. LOl
I have a load of wash in and dishes done and garbage out for collection. I walked Barney to fourth pole. Now to finish up in bathroom and wash my hair, Then I can go sew. I will be working on OWL.
Next week I am changing deco in my house to Easter and spring. It has been really nice out. Chilly but comfortable.
No update on Jim. Will see him tomorrow.
The person who wants to buy the farm also wants first dibs on my house when I decide to sell. Of course he may be dealing with someone else if I stay till I pass. Or if he offers me a small fortune for it. :lol: :lol:
Diane Hope they get it fixed.
Well I am off for another busy day
Y'all have agreat sewing day
Katy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:41 am

Good morning my friends. It's going to be another soggy day today.

This morning, I have a dentist appointment. Also need to stop at the grocery store for a few things. I will be gone about 2 hours.

Jerry wanted lasagna for dinner last night and I had just what I needed to make that happen. Sadly, you can't easily make a small amount of lasagna so a lot of it will end up in the freezer. Too much cheese and carbs in the noodles for this girl to eat if very often.

I bought some rotisserie chicken at Costco. I buy it already off the bone. I will make it into something for the Superbowl. Not quite sure what yet but it will likely be a crock pot dish. Dad will bring munchies as will my son. Jerry is excited about it. It will expend all of his energy, so he needs to rest up for it and after it.

Quite windy here last night, I heard something when I took Moose out. I also heard it again this morning. Once the sun comes up I will investigate. I think it's by the garbage cans, perhaps a metal lid tapping on something?

Maryz, I can just picture her holding onto something, taking one step and plop on that diaper cushioned butt. The cat is safe again. Sounds like Scottie deserves a belly rub for helping you mop the floor. Jerry is still recouping from his brothers visit. Plus, he seems to have a congested cough now. The spare room will eventually turn into my bedroom. I will turn my current bedroom into my sewing room, it's much bigger. and my current sewing room will eventually be a spare bedroom or office. It's kind of a counterclockwise thing. The plan is to empty the spare (junk drawer) room into the garage. Once it's empty, I can fix it up. If all the excess is in the garage, I can work on it this spring/summer. This plan won't happen quickly, it will take a while. And there will be much decluttering. And I will likely have a few yard sales to pay for a new smaller bed.

Diane, there was a time I wasn't receiving the QIAD emails either. I have two email addresses and signed up for the email using the second address, now I receive two each day.

Katy, will the person buying the farm also live on the farm? If they live there hope they make good neighbors. I also love catfish and the best I ever had was in Illinois.

I was able to get a lotto block cut out and started sewing. Will see if I can finish it today. Jerry's health aide will be here today to give him a bath. She's a sweet girl.

I need to start my day, or it won't start. You all have a great day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:37 am

Good morning it is rainy /sunny/rainy/windy /calmsunny....we had a bit f a wind storm come through took the lawn chairs and tossed them into the pool and upended the umbrella and took out a couple of screens on the lanai...I have notified the owner,,,we didnt expect that wind Maryz...thanks a bunch......but it is calm now but only 65 for the high today....I am doing a bit of laundry. and made irish oatmeal for breakfast...it was sooo good...my sister hates oatmeal but Ken, Gloria and I loved it with fresh blueberries...
Food prices all over Florida are high,,,And comparing them to home they are probably 30% higher here,,,We will probably stay in today and go to dinner tonight,,,It is my sisters turn to cook...and she doesnt cook (only for herself)...so she makes reservations...she also will buy dinner so win win for us...
I had to pay a few bills and check emails...then I will most likely get my sewing out and do a few hexis...
Chris unfortunately I dont have a picture of my Uncle Ray...but He and Tim do look a lot of like.. I think Tim is a bit heavier in the face..( sorry I called him Tom)/ Hope jerry has a fun super bowl with the family...I dont watch . I would love to help you do the guest room and the garage,,,I love purging and organizing...
Maryz Amara will be walking when she figures out it gets her faster from point A to point B..Navy walks when she wants to,,,( alo from point A to point B)
Katy, glad to hear you will be comfy in your own home...and the farm will be sold...I will join you in the spring cleaning when I get home...soon it will be time to do the spring windows at my house...We usually get snow after we get home from Florida...whch will be around feb 26th..
Well I need to get the clothes folded out of the dryer,,,Sis is waiting to use it.. hope you all have a great day,,
Diane we have enough blocks for a veteran s quilt so we probably will be giving another away,,this fall.....
Have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:50 am

Good soggy morning!

The clouds can't make up their mind, rain, snow or back to icy rain. No matter, I in for most of the day, already have laundry going, kitchen cleaned, and the floors ready for Yoohoodi. I only have 2 more loads of wash, then done for the week. Late this afternoon, Sarah and I have hair appointments. While Sarah gets her hair de-grayed, our girl cuts mine back into shape. This plan works good.

Nothing much else going on here. I am heading down to the Batt Cave after our morning devotional to find trouble. That I'm very good at!

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:52 am

Good morning!

I hate being MIA. The doctor marked my medical record as having RSV - I'm glad to be through all of that. Just have a slight cough now. I need to get a chest xray and bloodwork for my appointment next Monday.

Maryz - I thought of you yesterday when making a ham and potato crock pot soup. The recipe called for marjoram (among other things). It turned out quite tasty. Aren't you so kind to pick up their trash.

Diane - I feel your pain. I seem to be the queen of breaking computer stuff.

Katy - sounds like things are moving along. I hope you find Jim in good spirits tomorrow.

Chriss - good luck at the dentist and the grocery store. What a good picture of the brothers. Hope Jerry isnt getting a respiratory something.

Judi - that sounds like a doozy of a wind storm! We had no wind yesterday but did get about 9" of snow.

I am headed out to the sewing hole to continue with the grandson's tshirt quilt. I'm almost to the point of sewing it together. I can't wait to get it done. When I went out there yesterday, much to my shame and embarrassment, I found the one lotto block I did for January. I really liked it! So sorry I wasn't able to contribute.

Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:14 pm

Sharona, glad you are on the mend. You can use your lotto block in something else. Maybe a sampler quilt.

Jana, staying in is the order of the day. Soggy here too.

Judi, sounds like you are enjoying your vacation. You had quite a weather event.

Chriss, hope the dentist went well. I didn't know you could buy the chicken off the bone at Costco. I always do it myself. I'd much rather buy it that way.

Katy, I have an Easter table topper I need to quilt up. I made it during a sew along with Buttermilk Basin. It's really cute.

Diane, not getting the everyday sales might be a good thing. They tend to pull me in a lot.

Maryz, wind is no fun. Nice of you to take care of the neighbors trash and flag.

I worked on a block lotto this morning. Just testing out the pattern. I have 4 more cut and ready to sew. I'll see if I can get those done today.

Have a wonderful day.

Lori 8-)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:26 pm

I will type quietly, since many of you may be sleeping.

I'm sorry y'all misunderstood where they had taken my neighbor. Rereading before posting would have solved this problem.
They took the neighbor to Temple, TX, not Tempe, AZ. Missing one little 'L' can suddenly transport people to another state. Temple is 100 miles North and a little east of us. It's North of Austin on I-35. Baylor, Scott and White have a trauma 1 hospital there. Because there's a Baylor, Scott and White in Marble Falls, if you need a higher level of care they send people to Temple. MaryZ, yes this is the neighbor that watches the house. She has a hematoma in her leg and I'm not sure what else. The hubby said she might be home tomorrow, but will need crutches or a walker.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”