Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

FRIDAY, February 2nd - Ground Hog Day!

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: FRIDAY, February 2nd - Ground Hog Day!

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:48 am

Good morning my wonderful friends. It's going to be a soggy blustery day today, just how I like it.

Yes, my favorite (1 of 3) brother in law is here and doing my bidding. All he asks is a couch to sleep on, a pot of coffee and a dinner.

Yesterday I had a wonderful time shopping. Went to Lowes, filled my tank, went to a grocery store and to Costco. I walked up and down every single aisle in Costco. Bought myself a new rain jacket which I needed.

I told my BIL that I would like to go to the Catholic chruch rummage sale this morning and he said Go, he said he is here for me. This tough gruff sometimes grunting man is such a sweetheart. Sadly he has to leave tomorrow. But it will also be nice to have things back to sort of normal. Tim got here on Wednesday and flies back home on Monday. He will head towards Redding or Freemont to spend a day with his other siblings. I got the bulk of his time and am appreciative.

Jerry is doing about the same. He perks up a bit because his brother is here. Don't want to appear weak in front of the big brother. And Jerry now has a sweet fetish. Gummy bears, canned fruit, fresh fruit seem to be the favorites. sugar, sugar, sugar. ugh.

Maryz, as you well know I am overjoyed at getting to see pictures of your little girl. Jerry's cousin sent me pictures of her granddaughter the other day. I love that people know the way to make me smile is to show me pictures of their beautiful babies. How nice to be cuddled and danced to sleep.

Judi, glad all is well with your trip.

Lois, Hope that computer and desk is perfect and the computer works well.

Flo, some siblings are just butt heads. Jerry's three younger siblings are that way and do not like me at all. Recently he asked one sister for a copy of a recipe their mom had. She said no. But this same sister wanted to gather the other siblings and show up here. Jerry told me to tell her no. She lives in Washington state and is only heading this way to spend her birthday with her siblings. I told her the time to get together would have been long before her brother had cancer. My sister has known Jerry had cancer for a few months and finally called me. Talked for an hour about her job and her life and her travel. Then said she was sorry this was happening. I totally Godded her. Told her God has a plan, it's God's will, God will decide the time etc. She doesn't believe so this got her off the phone and out of my ear.

Lyn, love the Comanche marker tree, wow, how cool is that? wow. I am going somewhere today. First the rummage sale, then the store where a net of about 5 avocados is calling my name. Yum to me. I'm thinking some frozen broccoli would also look nice for dinner along with the chicken I have thawing for tonights dinner.

Valerie, Jerry and I talked about the whole bed bath thing and I told him it was ok if someone bathed him. His worry was that I would have issues. Jerry can get up with help. He is unsteadiest most in the morning. About 10 am or so he has more strength but it fades as the day progresses. He is also colder. He has flannel sheets a flannel quilt and two sherpa throws on him now. Some days I think he won't live out the day, other times I think he will be here a while. When the nurse comes I will ask her to be candid with me with her thoughts. With Josiah, I think things get missed because doctors don't pay attention to each patient. There are so many patients and so few doctors. And it seems each doctor has a different perspective. And, to quote my dad, "Not every doctor finished top in their class" Prayers for little Josiah, hoping that he thrives and overcomes all this.

Katy, catfish does sound good. Wehn we were in Lincoln Jerry's aunt took us to the VFW, or maybe it was the American Legion for a catfish fry, it was so good.

Valerie, I have that underground book. I would be happy to loan it to you if you like. I can get it in the mail easily.

Maryq, we are spiral notebook twins. Although you are a bit more into it than I am. I buy a few when the back to school clearance sales happen and have maybe 10 on my shelves. If fabric were cats you'd be a crazy cat lady. I would be so overwhelmed.

Jerry is giving his baseball collection to his nephew. There are scads of cards and posters. My job? box them up and start mailing them out. His nephew is Tim's son. These items will be treasured by the nephew as some were Jerry's dad's.

So, time to see if I can get a box or two ready and head to the rummage sale and post office. I'll leave you with another dad quote. "Drive like hell and don't wear a coat". He says it's completely the opposite of what everybody tells you to do. Maybe we all need an opposite day.

Love you,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:20 am

Chriss, love the dad quote.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:49 am

Good soggy morning!

It's been raining most of the night and still is. We are too warm for snow at my house, but the higher mountains are getting quite a bit. I could use a early spring, but here that still means May for the last of any snow.

Not much here new, just fussing around organizing stuff, especially my Batt Cave. Think I have it just right, but no, so still trying.

Time for our morning devotional that we watch. We record the devotionals that BYU does on Tuesdays for all the students. BYUTV also replays devotionals from the past and we record and watch them too. Great discussions and insights on gospel topics.

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

Here's a saying MIchael had in his office, " all people bring joy to this place, some by entering, some by leaving ".

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:46 pm

Happy Birthday Katy!!

So what did you have for lunch, steak or catfish??

I hope you had a wonderful day.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”