Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday February 1, 2024

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday February 1, 2024

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:24 am

Good morning,

We are at 30 this morning and going up to 46.
We got our washer delivered at 7:20 yesterday morning it was great to have a delivery at that time.
After that we did part 1of the scavenger hunt and then came home after that we got everything in the house we put all the cold and frozen stuff away.
Then we both went downstairs to try out the new washer and we couldn't get it to work I was getting very upset this has never happened to me before so I called the store then called to get some help well it turns out we had to do a factory reset :oops: Bill said why dont they make things easy to operate I said I guess they just want to keep us on our toes :oops:
So today will go to do our bjs run and wash clothes and do some other stuff.
Well I hope you all have a great day.
Judi happy vacation.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Re: Thursday February 1, 2024

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:17 am

Good morning,

I have to say, there is a very good reason the good Lord gave the babies to the young folks. We are so tired. And it's only Thursday! lol! But we are having fun and storing up lots of hugs, kisses, and memories. We aren't truly walking yet, but her balance is getting better and her legs are getting stronger every day. Soon. She was subdued yesterday, didn't smile much, didn't want to eat much but she did take a couple bottles of formula. We think she's teething. And after we handed her off to her parents they gave her Tylenol, she drank 12 oz of formula (twice her normal amount) and promptly threw up all over mom. Glad we made it out in time! I hope things are better today. They've asked us to come an hour early.

LORI - I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear brother. No matter how prepared you think you are, you aren't. You and your sweet dad have my sincerest sympathies. I hope you have many loving and happy memories of him to help you through this heartache. Special prayers for your dad and for you as you try to help him cope with this loss.

JUDI - today is the day! Yay!!! Seems forever ago you said - "rezzies are made!" I know you'll have a good time and it will go all too fast. Be safe as you travel.

LOIS - I'm glad you got your washer but what a headache that you needed to do a factory reset. Nothing is easy any more! You said you put it downstairs. Do you have a basement? Ours is downstairs, too, but we have a split level house.

MARY Q - Praying all goes smoothly with KC's move. And no more answering ads for help!! Did you get Kayla's quilt all finished? And yes, flannel has always been a big shrinker. The cheaper the fabric, the greater the shrink. I always always wash it before I use it.

JANA - did you make it to the batt cave yesterday? If so, what did you work on?

LYN - good question - if Amara likes the big vacuum is she's afraid of the toy one. And the odd answer is yes. She likes the big one. But it doesn't talk to her like the toy vacuum which tells her to pick up her toys and flashes colors at her! :lol: Maybe that's the differnce. I think we'll run the vac (big one) today because Scottie goes with us and he is a hairy, hairy hairy dog.

FLO - sorry your siblings haven't come to visit. Have you invited them and they still said no?

TINA B - I'm sure your DD loves that you do the cooking! Does she have a family or does she live alone?

CHRISS - It was thoughtful of your friend to offer to do your Costco shopping. Their hamburger packages are big. When I buy it, I shape patties to freeze and also some shape some for hoagie rolls for Yankee dip sandwiches (french dip only with burger). The patties are great for burgers or just for salisbury steak with gravy. Also, if you don't have buns, use toasted bread and call it a patty melt. I often make meatloaf for the freezer, sometimes small individual serving size. I only serve garlic bread with spaghetti when company comes. And we prefer our stew made with hamburger (browned first) rather than stew meat. I also use it for hamburger stroganoff and chili mac. You will be well supplied with hamburger and lots of ideas. Did Jerry's brother visit yesterday or is that today?

Yesterday morning I had time to finish cutting the background for my fox quilt and even got one column sewn together. There are four columns. This quilt is 76x90 so the columns are long. I hope I have time to start the second column this morning but the kids have asked us to come an hour early today because one of them has an early meeting. But I think come Saturday I will be able to get most of this top together. It will go quickly now.

Wishing peace and healing to all. We seem to be going through a rough patch with so many of our members so prayers abound. May God bless us all today.

mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:25 am

Good morning It is vaca day. we got up (awake) at 630 but warm bed wouldnt let go of us...so we layed there to talk about everything,,,Ken worked late yesterday at a hospital and had to get them running,,,which he did...He has a young journeymn working there while he is gone and had to get him up to speed...So Ken is ready, All the clothes are packed and I just came in here to check in and stow my compouter...I will take it with me...( for bils and things.) I can check in here on my phone while traveling. and leter today I will check on todays happenings. We are going to breakfast and meeting a friend who will send us off lol...Everyone wants to go with us...Colleen in Vegas sent me a picture of the blue sky and sun since we havent seen sun in 3 weeks...
Hoping you are all doing well today,,,,we have had enough bad news,,,Prayers for all of you dealing with life that isnt going great....
Lois I never heard of having to reset a machine but glad you got it fixed....Happy huny and wash day....I actually dont mind doing laundry and will go and run a small load before we leave...
Mary years ago a "baby expert" wrote that if you want your baby to nap run the vacuum cleaner,,,something about the pitch of the motor...I tried it with the grands and they werent amused nor did they nap with it running,,,,Mine napped with a good old fashioned rocking chair...and a warm cuddle....Hope your day wiht Amara goes very special...Im sure she is teething,,,
Prayer s going out as we need them...hope a wonderful day
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:30 am

Good morning!

Barely light here, Mr Sun is taking his time waking up and popping over the mountains. Chriss generously is sharing her rain with me today, and for the next few days too. That's great and I can time my trip out for a few groceries.

Still auditioning fabric for a bench pillow and I have a pair of pants to sew the hems in.

So all's quiet here. Daniel stopped by to get a list of outside projects that needs to be finished this summer. Biggest is the "dinner pavilion " he's making. He just needs to finish stacking the wall block. Daniel will also detail trche little truck and get it up for sale.

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

patches4

Post by patches4 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:36 am

Good morning wishes to all,
Here in Virginia sun is shining with frost on rooftops melting. Just a quick drive by, then shower empty dishwasher, then stitch. Did grocery shopping last night. Deconstructed stuffed green peppers on menu tonight. DD moved out here 25 years ago has done super well all on her own. Of our 4 she is most self sufficient. The other three live closer see and do more with us. I have always wanted to do more for her and now I am. She is single with a 90 pound chocolate lab and is quite an accomplished cook however weekly meals are often not done as she has evening commitments. So she is appreciative of cooked meals. Happy February 1st. Have I missed ground hog day?
Gotta run so prayers hugs love and support to all.
TinaB

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:37 am

Laptop issues this AM. Will do the best I can from my phone.

Good morning everyone. Rain, rain and more rain in the forecast. We do need it. I80 was starting to get pockets of deeper water on my way home from the hospital last night.

And as for the little guy, he has discovered that wheelchairs are quite the invention. He was so cute having me push him up and down the hallway fist bumming and high fiving everyone on the way. He tolerated 45 minutes of PT (playtime for him) before tiring. They are working on regaining his upright balance.

For today, it's work. 5 patients so a full day.

Lois so sorry about the washer. I have never heard of that, nor would I have a clue as to how to reset mine? Glad it all worked out.

Maryz teething can be a difficult time. Poor thing. Hope she is better today. I see you always wash your flannel. I rarely use flannel and usually don't prewash anything. Maybe I should rethink things. You know if my vacuum talked to me, I might not like it either.

Judi have a great vacation. I am so in need of one but just the wrong time for me. I am glad I took the 2 days off and won't work this weekend. Traveling mercies to you. Be safe.

Chriss how are things? Do you like the hospice staff? How is Jerry's brother?

Maryq hoping the move for KC goes well.

Lyn was just wondering when you will go back to Colorado.

Well I best start thinking about prepping and getting ready for work. Prayers for all, I am not sure we have ever had this much happening at one time before but God is mighty and can manage it. ๐Ÿ™
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:02 am

Cloudy morning.

Judi, Safe travels.

Lori, I hope and pray your Dad comes to understand that his son is gone. Prayers for you and family.

MaryZ, You are right about flannel shrinking, but 4" in width is just crazy. I'm not sure what I will do, if I don't have enough backing.

Valerie, Colorado will be in May. When we leave Texas we go to the Newmar factory in Nappanee, IN, for annual service. The service center is called the Mothership by Coach owners. Our appt is the first week of May. Then we make stops in Kansas to visit family and a Dr.

I didn't get the quilt top finished. ๐Ÿ˜• I decided the border might look best in a pale yellow that I had bought in Missouri, but it's not here. I apparently left it at the Hill Country house. I will find out tomorrow. And then there's the backing fabric issue. As I was hunting thru everything here, I came across a book I had picked up on sale this past summer. It's the folded fabric book, the same one that I bought at a used bookstore a couple weeks ago. Geez, I must really want to try this technique.

Today I have a Chiropractor appt. Then I need to run the opposite direction and check mail and pick up an order at Ace Hardware. We had $35 in rewards and it was expiring yesterday. Who wants to lose free money, not me. I got online and ordered 3 bottles of the tank treatment we use. Not an exciting purchase, but a needed one. I will then start packing the Jeep with needed items for the month.

Hope y'all have a good day.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:27 am

Good Morning Girls

Well Here we are.. A Brand New month!!! All my great intentions for finishing a bunch of UFO's kind of went out the window!!! I finished ONE!!!

Lois... SO how do you like your new washer!!! Now that you've been able to get it ReSet? For real, why don't they check that out when they hook it up? Like run a test load or something!!! In any case, I hope it's all good for you now, I'd hate to think of you guys walking around in dirty clothes!

Maryz... OH yes, I think the Good Lord sure knew what he was doing when he gave us babies when we were young! And had at least some stamina for chasing little ones! In a way it's probably a good thing Amara isn't totally walking yet.. think of the chasing you would be doing! And see what you have to look forward to next year!! I too, am crossing my fingers that all goes well with KC's move. The biggest issue now is finding a way for HER to get there! :roll: :x :( :o :shock:

Judi... Sending lots of good wishes and prayers to St. Christopher for safe travels to Florida. Does it take you 2-3 days to get there? Let's hope you have nice clear weather, clean and dry roads, no thunderstorms and sunny skies!!

Jana.... The weather is always a consideration when going for groceries isn't it! Too cold... nope, too hot? nope... Raining? nope, Windy? nope!! Don't want to take a shower and get dressed? nope!! Tomorrow is my day.. I HAVE to get out! I'm dangerously low on coffee and TP.

Tinab... I think Ground Hog Day is tomorrow. And I can never remember, is if the Ground Hog SEES sun there's 6 more weeks of winter? or Not? Doesn't really matter I guess... we haven't had much of a winter here in MN at all!! Your DD has a big Lab!!?? My favorite dog in the whole world. Over the years we've had several and I would love to have one again.

Valerie... I can just picture that darling little boy riding up and down the hallways greeting every one along the way. I'm so glad that he seems to be improving and that he is in such a good place for care! I too am crossing my fingers that KC can get safely moved. She's quite a challenge!

Lori... So sorry to hear that your brother has passed. Sending love and prayers for all of you.

Lyn.... Too bad you are so far away.. you could come and shop in my garage for backing!! :lol: :lol: Though I don't have much flannel and have a few other things that might work!!

Ok, so I was up at 8, grabbed my coffee, paid one bill and it's taken me until 9:20 to finish this ! Interrupted by a texts from my siblings and my BFF and DD (in AK where it's 17 BELOW). Time to get in gear, get more coffee, crank up the music and go DO something!!! I did manage to get the binding on Kayla's quilt all sewn down so today I think I will grab another UFO from the pile and get busy!! Wonder how many I can get done in February!!!

Wishing you all a most awesome day!! Sending Love and Prayers to all

womster

Post by womster » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:36 am

Good morning -

A fly-by today - have to get my hairs cut and then off to pick up the car with its new radiator.

Lori - I was so sorry to hear about your brother. Prayers for you and your dad.

xoxo Sharona

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:03 am

good morning wonderful ladies. it's a soggy but wonderful day today.

Jerry's brother is here and last night after finding the movie The Maltese Falcon on tv they promptly fell asleep during it.

Tim will stay here while I go grocery shopping today. It will be good for me to get out. I have a list and am looking forward to it.

Lyn, Jerry's brother lives near Georgetown Tx. Sun something I think is the name of the town. I have done that, bought a book or pattern that I already have. ugh.

Lori, my heart really goes out to you and your dad. I wish there was fix but sadly there isn't.

Lois, when Bill figures out why things don't work easily have him let me know.

Maryz, oh darn, you have to see Amara an hour earlier than planned. Surprised you aren't already knocking on her door. I love that you are worn out, I pray she wears you out every day until you have to leave.

Judi, happy breakfast and travels. Hope it's a wonderful trip.

Jana, I'm going grocery shopping too. Maybe I'll see you? I'm only sharing some of my rain, I've been trying to spread it out a bit.

Tinab, how is DH? I also have to put the dishes away. Maybe chix parm tonight?

Valerie, I do like the Hospice staff. Seems that between them all I will see someone every day of the week except for Friday. Not that it matters, we aren't going anywhere. Jerry's favorite is Elena, the gal who he actually let give him a bath yesterday morning. She showed me how to do a bed bath. thrilled that Josiah is on a regular floor. I am on his side about being tired of dealing with the medical stuff. I'm in his corner. Glad he found the wheel chair to be fun and is tolerating PT. He's such a little trooper. He deserves ice cream.

Maryq, I wish I had that family that interrupted me with chatting in texts or phone calls.

Sharon, woosh.

Ok, gotta go get some groceries. you all have a great day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to โ€œSew insโ€