Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

WEDNESDAY, January 31st

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Re: WEDNESDAY, January 31st

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:26 pm

Mary, we have enjoyed 5 days of nice weather too. It's supposed to start raining again in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow. It's been lovely to have the doors and window open.

Judi, what wonderful memories for all those kids who got to play in the sand box.

Chriss, that was really nice sharing about Jerry. Glad you got instruction on how the robe works.

My brother went into hospice last night about 9pm. They called this morning at 0430 to let me know he passed. He had sepsis and pneumonia. He'd had COPD for about 8 or 9 years. My poor dad is very confused. So I will be taking care of all the arrangements. He had nothing planned, so we'll just do our best.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:44 pm

Lori my deepest sympathy to you and your family..prayers for yiu and the job you have ahead,,,,. xxxooo

Maryq suitcases are packed,,,since we are driving and my sister is riding with us we are limited on how much stuff we can take...we are fine,,,.she rides in the back seat and the luggage is in the back...we also taking a suitcase for our friend who is flying in. I do the zip bag trick too. I did pack a bag with my hexis and various supplies...I dont know if i could go 3 weeks without something to sew...Also dowdloaded the app you mentioned and we found lots of quilting and knitting shops///( our friend is a knitter but she loves to brouse the quilt shops too.....xxxooo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:26 pm

Lori so sorry to here your brother passed will say some prayers for you and your family.

Lois

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:51 pm

Lori, I'm sorry about your brothers passing but especially sorry that it adds to your dads confusion. 💗
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:12 pm

Lori, My deepest sympathy for your loss of your Dear Brother. Prayers for you and your family. Joan

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:28 pm

Lori -

So sad to learn of your brother's passing . May you and your family be blessed with peace and comfort 8n this sad time.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:05 pm

Lori thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Dad got real confused when my sister passed but got passesd it. Hopefully your brother will too.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:35 pm

Thank you for all the love. My poor dad keeps forgetting my brother passed and that we made all the arrangements today. I sure hope he'll be able to remember, because it's really sad when I tell him again and he thinks he's hearing it for the first time. It's been a long day.
Lori 8-)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:54 pm

Lori, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your Dad's confusion is sad but understandable. My Dad was confused when my Mom died. After the funeral it was better for a while. Then out of the blue 4 months later, during my turn taking care of Dad, he said, "Isn't it time for us to go visit Mom?" It broke my heart to say she was gone. He quickly said, "Yes, I remember." Sending prayers for you, Dad and all your family. I hope y'all have some good memories to help you thru the days ahead.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”