Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday January 30,2024

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday January 30,2024

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:37 am

Good morning,

I came on here late yesterday we went and purchased a new washer it has 3 dials and it's got an ajatator brand is a maytag it will be here on Wednesday so you know what I will be doing :lol: .
Today we are going to the gym after that I don't know what will do.

Well Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Tuesday January 30,2024

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:41 am

Good morning Lois, Hooray a new washer, I actually dont mind doing laundry. I have a Maytag also...had it a long long time...
I did something yesterday I dont usually do. I sewed all day..I made the veteran blocks...sorted some patterns for the guild free table.and put 3 borders on the geese quilt...I will get the last border on today and that quilt will be in the quilting que...I am caught up.. and the guild will have enough blocks for another veterans quilt.
Today i will take Colleen and Jeff to the airport,,,She called last night and sent me a picture of her negative test....she feels fine..AND she says she and Jeff both will wear a mask on the plane...I did tell her that if she was still positive I didnt want to get into a car with her and she might have to uber,,,she immediately went to the clinic and tested and that was negstive as of last night and she did a home test too...Results at the clinic can be back in about 4 hrs..all is good...The kids are all fine too..
Our little Navy has started walking and she (at 17 months) decided to be mobile..she loves to push her doll stroller..I am betting Amara will be walking soon too...Babies each do their own thing,,
Well I am going to get dressed and comb my hair..I will get that last border on and do some more packing...we will strip and re male the bed on thursday morning and i will wash up the last of the laundry and be ready to hit the road..
Prayer s for all i hope we get good news on all today....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:52 am

LOIS--enjoy your new machine. Today they do everything. I have things mine can do and even after 6 years have never used them. Just wash my items and I'm happy. How is the weather there?

Today is another nice day here. I'm going to Dianes to cut fabric for kit making for a few hours this morning. Never know how many people will come to help.
Friday is a qov at the vets cafe for 9 vets. So this week will be quiet for me.

I saw the photos from the show. WOW!! All were super beautiful works of art. Thank you for posting them,.
Coffee is ready and I'll check back later to catch up.
Hope you have great day.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:01 am

Good morning,

LOIS - glad you got your washer! But I thought you bought one a few weeks back. Shows what I know. I have Maytags just like you described. Mine are 30 years old and I still love them. I hope yours are long-lived.

CHRISS - I think Jerry's phone wanted to see Jerry's brother! That is weird about how it called the brother. But I had that nearly identical experience happen to me. For two years after Roy passed away I got a message from him on my birthday. Not sure this is what Alexander Graham Bell had in mind or if it's just a new-age feature. I remember my dad seeing bugs (specifically ants) crawling in the corner of the walls and ceiling and coming down over the TV. My mom saw St. Peter standing at the foot of her bed, and my brother saw two little girls having a tea party. If Jerry perks up when people come by, perhaps he's enjoying the company? Does he like football? Will he be able to sit and watch the Super Bowl with Richard?

TINA - sorry you are so sick with Covid. I hope the Paxlovid helps. I wonder if you are extra susceptible or if you got one of the more serious strains. Please be well soon. We will be rolling through your town two weeks from today.

SHARONA - did you go to lunch? Were you really up to it? How you doing today?

LYN - Bill thought we should leave a few days early because he doesn't like to camp alongside I-10. Due to Presidents' Day Weekend, all our usual places to stay were booked but if we left a few days sooner, they were wide open. We've already stayed a month longer than we originally planned so it's time to go home. It's time and we are ready. Thanks for the pictures and the link to that pattern!

MARY Q - I'm more casual when sorting laundry. Kind of depends on how much there is. And the hottest load goes first. Jeans and towels go last because by the time they come out of the dryer I'm tired of laundry and they are the easiest and quickest to fold and put away. You were nice to take KC to the doctor yesterday and then go get her meds. Is she able to take her meds, unsupervised? Or does the facility where she lives dole them out to her? I hope her move to Arkansas happens soon.

JANA - If I'd known there were chocolate croissants for breakfast, I'd have stopped by! You have more will power than I to pass on the offered fabric!

KATY - You are your usual white tornado! Why did you have to take your laundry someplace? Did your pipes freeze? I hope they didn't burst. Praying for Jim to recover well enough to make the trip to FL. Will they fly him or drive? Where in FL?

FLO - I am wondering what the "deep litter method" is and kind of thinking I don't want to know. I was raised on a farm with chickens but they all just ran loose and roosted in the trees at night. I was little and didn't pay much attention but looking back, I do recall as time went by, there were gradually fewer and fewer chickens. :o

JUDI - I bet Detroit is still crying in their beer. On the other hand, it's a good excuse to drink beer! :D Not too long now and you'll be hitting the road! My DBIL told me this morning it's in the 70's and 80's where they are in FL and it's supposed to stay that way at least through the end of the week (Atlantic coast, halfway down the state in Sebastian, just north of Vero Beach). We make an effort to eat down our freezer, too, before leaving on a trip of any length. I think there's nothing left at home. We may be ordering pizza that day we arrive home.

Yesterday was a fun day with Amara. She was so happy to see us! Antonio says she was reaching for our picture all the time last week (while the other grandparents were there!). She's not walking, but Autumn says a few times she has taken a single step before falling down. But so far, only to try to get to one of the 3 cats. She LOVES cats! I wonder where she gets that. 😻 We are going back today and every day this week.

Our prayer list is growing and I remember them all when I pray. Jerry & Chriss, Josiah, Jim, Tina, Tina B's DH, my friend, Susie (2 broken ankles - had 2nd surgery yesterday), and anyone else who is in need of God's healing help.

mary z
>^+^<

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:20 am

Morning
Maryz, deep litter is where you keep a very thick layer of pine shavings in coop to insulate it..
Chriss, I have 3 breeds of chickens and each breed has a nickname it answers to. We have a lot of predators here in country, joe put a lot of thought into securing coop and play yard.
Not sure what today will bring.
Flo

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:01 am

Good morning everyone, I took yesterday off from life. I did get dressed but only because I needed to go to the grocery. I was so tired. Josiah had his surgery yesterday. He was doing good last night and resting at 8:15 pm (last I heard from DD). And they say no news is good news so ......

I did work last night but taking the next 2 nights off so I can be at the hospital. I also took off my weekend job this weekend so if they go home, I can go to Reno if the weather holds. I am not sure that is going to happen though. Weather app is calling for snow but we will see. Things change.

Lois congratulations on the new washer. I have had mine 22 years. It has it's issues but I do have a warranty agreement. They have kept it going all this time. But really only started issue about 3 years ago. It is an old Sears Kenmore, the bearings are probably done. I should get a new one though before I quit working.

Judi so happy Colleen is testing negative. A mask is a great idea. Numbers are up here. I have been told that you can pass on the virus as long as you test positive even after the 5 days.

Diane if they would just make a machine that not only washed but dried and folded! That would be great.

Chriss is it possible Jerry's phone is related to DH truck! The world is scary today with electronics ruling the world.

Tina on no, glad you got the Paxlovid and hoping your are up and about soon. I am with Mary, when you get it over again I think it is different strains. The last I heard there are 26 variants. It's reminder for me to update my vaccine.

Maryz sounds like you are enjoying your extra time with Amara. You watch, she will be walking in no time. I guess its good to get home but it must be so hard for you to leave.

Flo interesting about the chickens. I never knew that. I have never lived on a farm. Lived around a lot of them when we were in Europe but never on one. It was always my wish but just never happened.

Today I will go to the hospital. Have been looking for one of those little nail kits for babies. Josiah's nails are really growing but I haven't been able to find one. I considered yesterday maybe they don't make them anymore. I will try Walgreen's on my way. Other than that, nothing new.

Have a great day everyone!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:30 am

A cloudy morning at the Gulf Coast.

Lois, Enjoy your new washer. I think I have Maytag at the TX house.

Judi, Years ago I heard a Dr on the radio say, when flying use Neosporin, put it on a Qtip and swab the inside of your nose. It blocks the stuff in your nose, so germs can’t attach. It worked for me all the years I flew back to care for my parents.

Diane, I’m glad you enjoyed the quilt show pictures. There are some talented women in the area here.

MaryZ, I don’t even think about holidays, but I should. It almost caused problems last Labor Day, I got the last spot at the campground in Hays. My apologies to Bill. I know you have stayed longer, but I think of all the hugs and kisses you are getting and I bet it’s worth the stay.

Flo, My cousin in Nebraska was setting up a new coup last fall for Broiler chickens. They already have laying hens. They were ordering 75 to start and I think they told me it took 6 to 8 weeks to raise, then they’re ready to process. I thought they were going to eat chicken every day, but they already had orders for 50 from neighbors. They could easily use the rest between the whole family, brothers and my Aunt.

Valerie, You needed a day of mostly nothing. Was Josiah’s surgery to put in the shunt or whatever you called it that will be permanent? Are there any baby stores around that might have nail kit? Hug, gently, that little boy for all of us.

Chriss, Weird that phone is texting by itself. I hope the brother visit goes well.

Lunch was at a favorite place yesterday. They have great oysters on the half shell, Garry loves them and we all just watch him eat the slimy things. I had Coco Shrimp (coconut breading) and the homemade potato chips. Yummy!! We had a good visit.

I have two more rows to sew on quilt, then layer with back. But no, I remembered as I was going to sleep, I need about a 4” border and I haven’t even looked at what fabric I might have to use. :oops: I will be working on it today. I’ve started my list of what has to go to house, pills, dog food, laptops, etc.

Prayers for your needs, MaryZ’s list covers those in need.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:39 am

Good morning Girls

Happy Tuesday!!

Lois... YEAH for a new washer!!! Will they hook it up for when they deliver it? I got my washer/dryer from Home Depot, but they didn't do the hook up for me.. Thankfully DS came over. I do love my washer without the agitator, it handles really big quilts, it won't ever wash in HOT water... even the HOT is more like a lukewarm. Won't it be nice to do laundry Quietly!!!

Judi... Good to hear Colleen is covid negative now!!! And especially too that the kids are all good. Do you have to go over there and stay with the kids or are they good one their own? I offered to babysit when Shawn and Kris went to Germany, but they didn't need me :lol: Bren is 19 and Evie is 16. Bren cooks better than I do! Didn't a whole day sewing just feel so good!!

Diane... Every time you mention making kits for your Vets, I want to say "send me one!!" But at the rate I finish things these days, you'd probably get it back when my kids clean up my sewing room after I'm dead and gone!!! :lol: :lol:

Maryz...Time to go back home huh? I bet you are kind of looking forward to it, as hard as it will be to leave that little girl. But, you can look forward to going back in November again-and you can start counting the days! In the meantime, Thank heavens for Facetime!! Yes, KC has all her meds and she SAYS she sets them up in a planner, but who knows. I've tried to talk to her into med. mgmt. from the facility--especially for her controlled meds that she isn't able to go pick up for herself :cry: but she refused. So, now that she is moving, it's kind of moot! When I was there yesterday she had about 15 maybe boxes all packed and stacked in her living room... so it looks like she IS moving!! It's just a matter of when!

Flo... Do you have chickens that lay brown eggs? My Dad had chickens that laid blue eggs too! And Peacocks! But yup, the animals got to them all eventually.

Valerie... Just for grins, I looked on Amazon for nail kits for Josiah.. They do have a couple different options, but then you'd have to wait it! Hope you find what you need at Walgreens. Special prayers today for quick recovery for Josiah and that news every day is GOOD!!! I believe God watches over children in a special way!!

Chriss... That is so weird about the text message to Jerry's brother!!! I got a message from somebody through facebook the other day.. he was responding to a message he just got from me... only I sent the original message in 2022~~ So maybe things have been hanging out in the atmosphere! You are in my heart all day long. I'll be sewing most of today and with every stitch, I send a prayer.... of comfort and grace.

TinaR.... OH NO so sorry to hear you have gotten Covid BIG TIME!! You got the Paxlovid? Hope that knocks it right out! Knock on wood, I haven't had it at all yet!! And I can't say I've be particularly careful, except for I wash my hands a LOT. But I live alone and don't have kids come visit like you do. .It's very quiet at my house!! :lol: But I send some good thoughts and prayers for you today too!

Jana... WHAT???? You turned down fabric???? Ok, that's it, you can't be in my "fabric crazy club" anymore!!! :lol: :lol: I don't know how you can do that!! Though I admit, it's easy to turn down the ugly stuff!!

Lyn... Oh my gosh, those quilts for the show are stunning! I think my favorite is the machine embroidery one and I too would love those designs, but I only have a 4" hoop so I don't think they would turn as great as those!!!

Well, after spending most of yesterday at the Dr. with KC then waiting for over an hour to pick up her meds.... I got NOTHING done at home. Today I'm hoping to get a good start on quilting Kayla's quilt as I'd really like to get that done so I can move on to the next UFO. I'm still trying to find a home for all the fabric Katie gave me. Katie doesn't like 30's prints so she gave me all of those and I've found a pattern I'd love to do "Millie's Dresses" by Lori Holt. But I'm NOT going to do that now... gotta get this tote of UFO's out of the living room.

So I'll go grab some more coffee and throw another load in the washer this morning and get to work.

Wishing you all a most wonderful day!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:02 am

Good morning!

Looks to be another wonderful day here. Bright and I have sunshine! Got all my laundry done, folded , hung up and put away! Usually, I drag out the put away part. Even changed the sheets, got them washed and put away too. I was on a roll! Michael had me catch up the bookkeeping so he can do budget, - yuck- for February. Yoohoodi did his thing for me too. I am spoiled -- with a robot vacuum, washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, there's no excuse for things not being done! Yet, I can be slothful! Just last generation, our Moms did so much with so less conveniences! It was years , I was married, before my mom had a dryer. She hung everything outside. Oh, Yoohoodi managed to get in trouble, jumped over a boundary strip and got stuck under the sofa. At least he admits and tells me when he has done naughties! He sends me text messages, saying he's stuck. Michael fixed the problem and Yoohoodi won't be able to get around that strip again.

So today is a play day in the Batt Cave. I can get into trouble there! In fact, I am thinking of doing up a new bench pillow for Valentine's day. Just need to see if I have enough reds and whites in the stash. Should have, since the red basket is stuffed full! Red is the favorite color here in this house,

Prayers for Chriss and Jerry,, all the others too. Glad that Josiah is doing well.

Many hugs,
Jana.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:38 am

Good morning all 🌞
Lois, yay a new washer! I hope it's perfect for you!
Judi, I'm glad Colleen has tested negative now. Looking forward to seeing your quilt when you're finished.
Diane, you're awesome to do all you do for our VETS, thank you.
Maryz, I'm not sure if I'm extra susceptible, I don't think so because the grands have had it before and I was around them before we knew it was covid, I never got sick. I've had all my vaccines and at least 1 extra because of being around Dad and I'm always really careful. I stay away from people and when I'm out I wash my hands like crazy and use wipes and disinfectant. I went to an anniversary party for my dad's preacher and his wife on Saturday before last and we kinda just stayed to ourselves at a table and they had the doors open. I hope the paxlovid helps too, I'm in pretty rough shape....I imagine I'd be worse if I hadn't gotten my vaccines but I'm a high risk person so I do what I can. Hmmmmmm wonder where Amara gets her love of cats 🤣😂😻😻😻
Flo, ours don't like the deep litter method, the crazies won't lay if thiers isn't totally cleaned out and new put in every 3-4 weeks...... maybe they're spoiled 🤣😂
Valerie, my heart aches for you. You are trying to do so much, don't spread yourself too thin. Prayers for Josiah 🙏 and your safe travels. I hope you find the baby nail clippers, I have a set here and they get used all the time with the grands when they're little. So glad only good news about Josiah 🙏
Lyn, I'm glad you remembered you needed another row so you didn't have to do any froggin.
Maryq, you really do get a lot accomplished, I don't think you realize just how much.
Jana, you were really on a roll yesterday, yay now you get to play!
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers, I appreciate them all.
Chriss, prayers for you and Jerry. That is strange about the phone, Dad got new voicemails from my mom months after she had passed.
I'm not doing much, if it's nice today I may go outside for awhile, the brightness doesn't help my headaches or watering eyes but it still may help my immune system.
You all take care! Prayers for all in need 🙏 🙏🙏
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”