Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday January 30,2024

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Tuesday January 30,2024

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:36 am

Good morning. what? did I say morning? It's going to be a beautiful day today. The calm before the storm.

We should see rain tomorrow and lots of it. I really hope so but if not then maybe next time. My brother-in-law will be here tomorrow afternoon. I failed to ask how long he is staying but whatever the time I am glad he will be here. He's the only sibling that Jerry wants to see. He is a retired colonel in the army so he is a little gruff, but he is also a sweet man who I will be glad to see. He's also the only sibling of the 4 who has kept in contact with Jerry and not only wanted to come see him just because he is dying. When he gets here I will go to the grocery store and stock up on a months worth of groceries.

I sort of feel like I am getting a cold. stuffy, sneezy nose. Can't really take nyquil because I won't hear Jerry. so it's sudafed for me. Perhaps some dayquil.

Lois, I will get my wash done early on Wednesday so that you can have that washer and dryer in use in the afternoon. Oddly we seem to be laundry twins.

Judi, wow, and entire sew day? We have our pastor and a hospice nurse scheduled for this morning and then my goal is to straighten up my sewing room. hoping I can get some pieces cut and a few lotto blocks started. Glad Coleen is negative, it will be a nicer trip for her. Navy is going to be running before you know it, no stopping her now. I picture her little diaper butt as she flies through the house. zoom.

Diane, enjoy your nice da and the presentation.

Maryz, I have a marvelous idea. Why not get life sized cardboard cutouts of you and Bill so Amara can always have you right there with her. Teasing. But see if it makes A&A laugh. Yes, Jerry likes football and has decided that the reason the niners win is because he is watching. He will sleep through some of it but Richard being here helps Richard so that is how we will do it. So far Jerry has seen each parent and his daughter. He also says he's seen a lot of other people but he's not sure who they are.

Flo, the turkey ranches around here also use saw dust. Glad the chickens have no worries and that Joe is on the job.

Valerie, I would think a drug store would have those little nail clippers. Or Target maybe? Make sure he gets a smooch from me when you see him. So thankful his surgery went well and that he can go home soon. Perhaps you will be just ahead of the storm and it can push you to Reno. Between Jerry's phone, your DH's truck and Jana's vac, we are in an electronic frenzy. So very glad you had a you day. Hope you get a few more as the days go by.

Lyn, yuck on both the oysters and the coconut. I read the same thing about neosporin. And when my son was little and got lots of nose bleeds the doctor said to use neosporin the same way.

Maryq, so glad you are getting those 30's prints, I like them too. So cheery. Sorry that the KC stuff took your whole day. Thanks for those prayers.

Jana, I love red and white too. hope you find what you are looking for.

Tina, hope you ae feeling better very soon. Love that dad got voice mails from mom.

Ok, pastor should be here soon then the nurse then the rest of the day is ours.

Funny, I tell everyone, don't look at GPS, it will take you too far. We are the second driveway and if you get to the school (where gps will take you) you've gone too far. Very few people are able to follow those directions.

Hope you all have a fun day. My afternoon will be spent straightening up the sewing room so I can have some play time.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

patches4

Re: Tuesday January 30,2024

Post by patches4 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:47 am

Good afternoon one and ll,
Keeping all in prayers. Praying for healing, strength, patience and guidance with hugs all around to each of you.
Just wanted to bring a smile to everyone for a minute so I’m sharing two messages I found on a canvas tote and pouch.

I’m working on my PHD
(Projects Half Done)
In QUILTING

My favorite

I rescue fabric trapped in the quilt shop. I’m not a hoarder, I’m a HERO!

Blessings and love
TinaB
Patches4

Return to “Sew ins”