Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MONDAY, January 29th

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: MONDAY, January 29th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:15 pm

Good afternoon my friends. It's 72 degrees outside and I have all the windows and doors shut because Jerry is cold. It's 75 inside this house and I am thinking about putting on my shorts, but I don't own shorts so that would be a problem.

This morning we had three hospice people here. A Chaplin, a counselor and a social worker. Tomorrow, we get a nurse and our pastor. Wednesday late afternoon Jerry's brother will be here. I'll make spaghetti or something easy. While they are visiting on Thursday, I will do some grocery shopping. How wonderful it will be to get out of the house. Maybe I'll go talk with the funeral home too.

So, here's a wierd thing. Jerry's phone said he sent a text to his brother at 4:30 this morning. Jerry's phone was dead and needed charging. No way could Jerry get up and go to where his phone was. Really odd.

Maryz, well, sorry you have to leave a little early but traveling on Superbowl Sunday should give you the entire road to yourselves. Of course that depends on the time you travel and the time of the game. My son has plans to watch it here so he won't be on the road. Amara sure has had a fun playmate in you. what fun to have a toy grandma all to your self. Never seen Yellowstone but I did like Longmire, and yes, it was a bit soapy.

Judi, I humor Jerry too when he sees people or things. The other day he saw a lot bugs in the corner where the ceiling meets the wall. It really was a shadow, but I got the broom and handled the situation. Sometimes, Jerry thinks he was talking to me and it's a conversation he had in his own mind. Enjoy breakfast on your way out of town. If I am going to have breakfast food for breakfast, I prefer to have it somewhere other than my kitchen. Seems that eating it out makes it taste better.

Flo, grandpa had a chicken named Henrietta, she was in a animal proof cage with her girlfriends. Seems a raccoon somehow got ahold of her foot and bit it off. Do you name your critters?

Katy, sure hope Jim makes it to Florida. Seems like he's had more than his share of illness. I had gotten started with spring cleaning but had a bump in the road and it's on hold. I would love to tackle that garage and get it going. Hope the farm and vehicle stuff gets worked out.

Jana, you have way more will power than I do. When someone says do you want fabric I say yes. I am a glutton. It was me. I arranged it so you could have birthdays and the superbowl at the same time, and I arranged for your team to be in it. You're welcome.

Maryq, I often pray in the car. Thanks for the first dibs but I think our outcome is already in the books. Give Josiah first dibs and then I can be on the way home. And why do doctors do that, use big words that most people don't know then turn around and explain what they mean. They could cut their time in half if they just said everything in plain English. Dorks. I have all of my grandma's crochet hooks, but haven't crocheted in a long time. I am thinking about cross stitch, I have some pattern books I've been looking through. I will put the pattern in Thrusday's mail, not sure I will get to it before then. It's so very simple.

Lyn, I'm not really busy just constantly moving, or so it seems. Right now there are hospice people that I will seldom see again. Once that happens things will slow down. It's kind of interesting. Jerry perks up and is social when they are here but before they come and after they leave he is asleep. How was lunch? What did you have? I think a good taco salad would be good, but it looks like chicken here. I'll have to make it soft, maybe quesadillas?

Sharon, glad you are feeling better. How was lunch. Seems to be a lot of eating out on this forum today. I do like when things center around a meal.

Tina, sorry about the covid. I must have had a mild case when I had mine. Hope you feel better soon and keep your distance from Frankie, hey, you didn't breathe on the computer screen did you?

Lois, yay for a new washer, what a blessing.

I've got a stuffy head and a runny nose. but this will pass.

Hope you girls are having a great day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”