Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MONDAY, January 29th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

MONDAY, January 29th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:35 am

Good morning,

We are off to babysit this morning! Yay! I can't wait! And it's going to be a nice day, so we'll probably be taking her for a walk. It's going to be a great day!

JANA - congratulations to your 49ers. We watched the game and it was quite a show! The Super Bowl will be bright with all that red running around on the field! I personally don't think God cares what we wear to church. He just is thankful to have us there!

CHRISS - Sounds like Jerry nods off for a few minutes when you're having those short conversations. If it's just a few minutes and it upsets him to find you gone, maybe you should save your morning readings to do then, so when he wakes up he will find you still there. And would Jerry like those nutritional drinks any better if you made a smoothie in the blender with a bit of ice cream or a banana, peaches, berries, etc? My mom used to make a lot of custard for my dad. Unfortuntely, she liked custard more than he did and ate about 3/4 of it herself.

TINA - you're welcome! :D But sorry you're sick. I think you should go to Urgent Care ASAP and be tested for flu and for Covid. They can help with both.

LYN - well, now I want to know what that cat quilt pattern is that you found! I have quite a collection of them. Cat holes, Cat Scratch, Cats in PJ's, and more. I also have QIAD's Delectable Mtns book. I don't know how, after careful measuring, these things happen. But don't feel special - they happen to me, too!

MARY Q - You are so lucky!! Fabric falls on you from heaven! I love 30's and batiks - my favorites! Though, so are florals, Civil War, novelties, plaids, flannels, fairy frosts . . .. Heck - I love it all! Have to say though, I cringe When you talk about packing your fabrics and books into your garage. If I did that at home, everything would get damp and musty in no time at all - at least in winter.

VAL - Little Josiah is a fighter! He's going to conquer this. He's got all his honorary great auntie's in his court, praying for him! I am glad you are getting some sewing time in. You need and deserve it!

FLO - sorry a zipper won't work for your purse. Maybe a snap or magnetic closure would work. Or a new and different pattern and just make a new purse? Personally, I don't like making projects like that but admire those of you who do.

JUDI - the party for Ryker sounds like a lot of fun for everyone! I've never seen Yellowstone or Longmire. Too violent and "soapy" for me. I'm a comedy person. But I do like that quilt! Maybe it's going to be our next "group" project. Sorry Colleen's family is still sick. I've forgotten where they are going but if they are still sick or testing positive for Covid, I sure hope they aren't flying!

LOIS - you are such a trend setter! Now we all want to do that quilt! lol! I hope your Bill's arm is better after a weekend of rest. Did he hurt it or did it just hurt itself?

KATY, SUZETTE, KATHY, SHERRY - where are you guys??

Yesterday I finished my four fox blocks and have most of my background and trees cut out. Have a little more cutting to do still before I start sewing again. And my sewing days just got decimated. Bill was making rezzies for our trip home even as I've been typing this post and because there were limited dates available at one of our favorite stopping places in AZ, he booked what he could, which means we will be leaving here a few days earlier than planned - Feb 11th - Super Bowl Sunday - instead of the 15th. Since the Seahawks aren't in it, this is OK with us. Maybe it will be on the radio. It means we'll still have two full weeks with Ms Boots but I only have two more sewing days left - next weekend. I could sew in the evenings (and might do a little bit), but I'm usually just too tired after chasing, crawling, dancing, and racing around with our busy little girl all day long. lol! But I'll take baby every day before quilting!

Happy Monday to everyone, and healing, peaceful thoughts for all who need them!

mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Re: MONDAY, January 29th

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:03 am

Good morning I was up with Ken and paid bills made bed and emptied the dishwasher and had coffee. Phew I need a nap...I am hoping to get the 4 veteran blocks done today. I am making some saurkraut soup today,,,It is a favorite and i have some pork chops that need to be used...My freezer is pretty empty but It will get a fill order when we get home...so I am using up stuff in there this week...
We had a nice dinner with our friend and my sister,,,but because of the fog and haze they opted to go home to watch the game...It was ok with us...( didnt want to drive in the dark) A very sad day in Detroit,,,it would have been the first super bowl play in the history of the franchise,,,,but we will be back next year,,,Congrats to the 49ers,,,I m sending my regrets for the super bowl party at Janas house,,,Im sure you understand,,,,,,,
Mary have fun with the baby,,,yes baby care is exhausting,,,but a good kind of tired...Pictures are expected and we are waiting,,,,I wouldnt be going camping after all this time in the camper if it was me...I love home and my own bed...(the camper bed is comfy though) and my sewing room......And yes Colleen is still positive and flying,,,they will mask up but according to the CDC you can be postitve for up to 30 days after you get Covid..and she is asymptomatic, and ha done the 5 day isolation, Jeff has been negative for covid and rsv,,,so we are assuming he just has a cold too..They are adults and no longer follow my directions...(Shrug!) Many people do not test once they feel better so it is posible for a bunch to be walking around positive and some may even be shedding the virus...but you cannot live in a bubble they tell me....
Chris,, due to jerry's brain involvement he may have trouble remembering you were there,,,with him...perhaps you could do some hand sewing or bible reading while he is talking and falls asleep...then you would be near when he wants to continue the conversation....Also hallucinations are common with some meds...My Dad used to call my mom into his room to complain about the chinese ladies in his yard talking too much...and the kids were too noisy,,She would humor him and tell them to be quiet,, he would get very upset if she told him there were no such thing..
Hope Josiah is doing better,,,hate to see little in pain or upset....
Well i need to get myself going here,,,I am going to hold off on laudry till wednesday and will change the bed on Thirsdy morning,,,We will leave here,about 9 or 10 and meet some friends for breakfast on our way out of dodge....Hope you are having a great day...
I did drop Sherry a note asking her how she is, I hope she is ok as well as a few other we havent heard from....Hoping all ar ok...Velda. Kathy and all.....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:22 am

Morning
Tina we have 12 chickens. On a good day we get 3 eggs now. When weather warms up we get about 10. Our girls are locked in run all day, it's large and critter proof. And locked in coop at night. We have foxes, raccoons, and hawks here. We do not have heat in run, we do the deep litter method.
Sun is out today. I may spend time just sitting in sun and enjoying it.
Flo

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:29 am

Here I am Good morning
I have had a couple of busy weeks. At least I got out last Thursday . Jim took a turn for the worst . He had his defibulator removed and then it started bleeding. They found a bacteria in his blood which caused a delay in his pacemaker being installed. Then was downhill He went into shock and was extremely tired. At this point however he is getting better. He is in the Springfield hospitol and hopefully will be transferred to therapy at Osf in Peoria. Then back to Canton . Then on to FL.
I started spring house cleaning. Got all my cupboards washed down and then wiped down with Murghys oil. Plan on washing down dining area today or tomorrow. Then sew. LOL :lol:
Due to rain and 5.5 inches of snow and ice followed by rain I had to take my laundry to town to do. That was Thursday over the weekend did kitchen. I also sorted out scraps I am giving away. Also sorting through kitchen utensils and giving some away.
Then I worked on my OWL quilt.
Other stuff like trying to sell a truck that does not start and Jims car has been a hassle. They are coming for car today. The mule{buggy} has not sold. My daughter is dragging her feet on farm. I may take over with my attorney.
Needless to say I have missed chatting with you all.
Mary Have fun with miss Bootsy. She is a little doll. I cant wait to see eveyones quilts they are working on.
Judi When you leave be careful out there. So much work to take off and go some where. I am ready for some kind of adventure.
Did I tell you one of the founding memebers of the guild had a stroke.
I am just hanging out ,doing my thing on the farm .
Y'all have a great sewing day
Katy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:05 am

Good morning!

Still dark at the moment, but we are warmer than usual. About all that's planned for today is laundry and a run to Trader Joe's. I'm out of chocolate croissants! They're a breakfast treat that I can bake just one at a time.

I also have a few finishing touches in cleaning my stove. I've got most of the menu planned for the Superbowl bd party. Aaron is all set for his part. I'm being picky this time, so I'm handling all the food. My girls are good to help, but missed the mark the last few times we had family dinners together. With either burning stuff or not having enough. So I'll do the shopping and will cheat with some pre made stuff.

OWL awaits me for a project. A friend from church called me the other day, offering quilt fabrics that she had. I said no thank you. I've got to much and so she'll share with others. That's a first for me! But I do want to use up my stash. With our bd's approaching, Sarah and I usually make a huge run over to our favorite LQS, one because it's fun, two the bd discount. But I think, not this yewr,. I'll see if I hold out........ The bd discount lasts the who.e month.

Time to finish sorting our laundry. I am a over-sorter when it comes to laundry. I layer each size load in my baskets before hand. There's a order of what gets washed first too. I know, I'm weird!

Enjoy today, it's special!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:26 am

Good morning Girls

Happy Monday!! I SEE THE SUN!!!! YEAH!!! I better make sure my sunglasses are in my car!!

Just a quick hello this morning.. I'm going out this morning, tho I wish I wasn't! I'd rather stay home. BUT, I promised I'd meet KC at her Dr.s office. She has a follow up appointment after her stay in the hospital and is kind of scared. They told her at the hospital that she has a small tumor in her brain but assured it that it 99.9% benign---she didn't realize that means it's NOT cancer! Anyway, with her memory issues, she asked if I'd come along and I know how nice it is to have someone by your side. I'll take notes, my memory isn't always so great either.

Pretty uneventful weekend around here, though I know many of you football fans had a pretty exciting one! I can only imagine how crazy things are in Sand Fransisco and Kansas City! I could hear my BFF (In Kansas City) cheering from here!

Maryz.... You better believe my fabric wouldn't be in my garage if I had another other choice. I'm trying to use it up as fast as I can! Have a great time with Miss Boots this week! I just have this sneaky feeling that she will be walking by the time you head for home!

Judi....You all set and packed for camping? When are you leaving? Hope you have great weather along the way... it's been such an odd winter. Today we are supposed to get up 46*. Hard to believe it's January!

Flo.., Isn't it great to see the sun! We haven't seen it for days up here and I think I was going to start getting cranky if it didn't come out soon!

Katy.... My drive time, when I do go out, is perfect prayer time. So today I will add Jim to the list and send along some special ones for him.

Chriss.... Ok, so it takes me about 1/2 hour to get down to KC's Dr.s office. You get first dibs of the prayer time, then I'll throw in some for Jim and Josiah on the way home! I'm hoping that Jerry is at least comfortable and not in pain. Does he sleep through the night without waking? Judi had a good idea, keep a good book, or THE good book handy while you sit with him. Or a crochet hook or knitting needles? Do you do either of those? I have plenty of crochet hooks I could share!

Jana.... I'm kind of weird about laundry too. I put things in the way I want them to come out.. One load just for skivvies, one load for shirts, one load for pants! Since it's just me I can usually get by on 3 loads. In the winter it's sweatpants, maybe an occasional pair of jean, and sweatshirts. In the summer it's shorts, maybe an occasional pair of jeans and t-shirts. Easy Peasy!

Well, this got longer than I meant and I really should get in gear now. The rest of the week I have NO plans so will be back in the sewing room every darn day! Need to finish up Kayla's quilt then get back to the pile of UFO's!!

For Today, I wish you all a most wonderful, peaceful, happy day

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:33 am

Good Monday morning to All.

MaryZ, I know you will enjoy your day. What is wrong with Grandpa Bill?? Leaving early and missing out on Ms Boots time. Good thing I don't have a vote. :lol:

I will go post Quilt Show pictures right now.

Katy, Is your washer and dryer broke? I don't understand how snow and rain require taking laundry to town. πŸ€”

Tina, Glad you got the picture posting figured out.

Chriss, I know you are really busy. Thank you so much for taking time to post and letting us know how you and Jerry are doing. I check several times a day for new posts from you, everyone else too.

Congratulations to the winning teams. We watched the Chief's cause the quarterback is from Texas and Garry likes him. Only watched a little of the 49er's.

Hi to everyone, your days sound busy.

We're going to meet friends for lunch. I have 4 rows sewn together and hope to finish up today. Thursday and driving to the house will be on me in a blink. I have lots to do and little time.

Prayers for all the needs here.
Lyn

Pictures are posted and the link to cat pattern.

womster

Post by womster » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:31 am

Good morning -

Just a drive-by for me today - I forgot we're having lunch with one of DH's former workmates and his wife. OOOPS! Not much going on here - slowly rebuilding stamina from this stupid respiratory thing. I feel better every day, thank God. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:45 am

Good morning all 🌞
Well I tested positive for covid this morning. Dr is doing a telemed at noon with me. My head is killing me and I feel like πŸ’©. I've never had covid before and I'm a high risk but I'm hoping I'll be ok and Frankie doesn't get it.
Prayers for all in need πŸ™
Tina

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:25 am

Good afternoon,

Wow this is really late for me well we went this morning and bought a new washer because the other 1 the noise was getting louder so it will be here Wednesday.
I now have 36 blocks finished and maybe if I ask Bill tomorrow he will bring me to hobby lobby on the way back from the gym we shall see.

Well there is nothing else new to report.
I will talk to you all tomorrow.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Return to β€œSew ins”