Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday January 28,2024

Daily discussions.
gershwin64

Re: Sunday January 28,2024

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:42 am

Good morning everyone 🌞
Lois, I have nights like that too, very exhausting. What size are you making your Beth Dutton quilt? Will it be for a bed? I'm thinking mine will fit the full size bed we have here. I need to find some different blacks with the whites and stuff and I'm not sure if I have enough different red, I know I don't have any grey.
Maryz, I use Post Image and I put not to resize and I put that size you said or bigger, it doesn't seem to matter. Then I copy the thumbnail for forums and paste it here. I can't get it to change the size to bigger. I see some can't go smaller but I think the bigger pics are way easier to see. Elijah only crawled for 1 or 2 days and then went to walking LOL I think he thought it was a better mode of travel LOL
Judi, sounds like a great skating party to me for you, all your grands and greats in 1 day! I'm sick with something, covid test was negative but will test for 2 more days to be sure, I won't let Dad near me covid or not, I don't want him sick. Now if it was my brother and his wife they wouldn't care but I'm not like that so I don't say anything to them either. Yes, Yellowstone is for adults only. Beth is pretty potty mouthed but if you watch it you'll understand why, I think it's revealed in the 3rd or 4th session. All of them in Yellowstone stone have a potty mouth, the F word is said hundreds of times per episode I'm pretty sure but I like the plot so I just ignore it and we only watch it when it's just us 2. All the Yellowstone spinoffs are the same way.
Flo, how many chickens do you have? I have 17, we get about 6 eggs a day in winter and 13 a day in the warmer weather. We were only getting 1 a day in winter and we put up a solar light in winter (no heat needed here) in their coop yard which is only about 6x4 area, it's where they are locked in at night from the predators. In the daytime they have 100x100 to roam around in plus some jump over the fence and roam on our 5 acres, they are something else LOL
Valerie, I feel so bad for Josiah, he's got to be wondering what's going on and all the strangers, hugs and prayers for that little guy πŸ™
Maryq, wow you are getting quite the fabric haul! How awesome! Kris must be a very talented person to be able to do all that, kudos! I love 30's too, they were my first favorite 😍 Katie not liking is a win win for you!
Jana, Holly or Jazmyne was telling me prices the other day, wowzers they are crazy expensive! I don't know how anyone affords to go to the games these days.... guess that's how they get the millions and millions to pay the players 🀷
Chriss, prayers for you and Jerry. I hope he can get his shower today, but I bet it will exhaust him.
Tinab, I hope your DH's ankle is all fixed right now and his PT goes smoothly.
Yesterday was a rough day for me, I couldn't stay awake and I hurt everywhere, today I feel human again. I hope this is a fast sickness because I want to sew but I don't want to give my fabric germs. Yes, I may very well be crazy πŸ€ͺ LOL πŸ˜† πŸ˜‚ 🀣
You all have a great day! Prayers for all in need.
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:50 am

Lyn, I don't know how it let me post without telling me you posted.....
That's a great deal you got there on the pattern and ruler! Sometimes I wonder how but I do the same thing with measuring too, we're twins LOL glad to be in good company.
I think we're to have nice weather here. The games will be on, I'm not sure who we want to win LOL we're a Broncos fan house here, Holly is too but Kevin is Rams and has been since he started watching football. He buys shirts for the boys too and sends me pics and videos of his "team" πŸ₯° it's the cutest team I've ever seen!
Tina

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:58 am

I meant to post a comment about Yellowstone. For those who haven't watched and those who have, I think it's a cowboy version of Peyton Place.

Tina, Hope you're better soon.

Lyn

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:28 pm

Oh my goodness, Maryz just helped me with posting pics and I have it figured out now!! I posted the Beth Dutton quilt in photos section under a New Way to Post Pics and the link that I have to use to get it to work right with my Android operating system on my tablet and phone. I'm so happy!!!
Thank you Maryz!!!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:07 pm

My oh my what a heck--a of a game! Detroit gave a good fight, but in the end, my 49ers won! It will be a great Superbowl against the Chiefs - both the teams I wanted to win!

Party, my house, in 2 weeks!

Yay 49ers!

Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:35 pm

Well I was going to say good morning but that would be a big fat lie. So, Good afternoon my friends.

Funny, Jerry wants to talk to me so I sit, and we talk then he falls asleep, so I go do something and he gets irritated because I get up and leave in the middle of our conversation. He doesn't realize he falls asleep while we are talking.

He did get to video chat with Marilyn this morning, so that is one thing checked off of his list.

Lois, nice to have time to sew without any interruptions. Glad you don't need the laundry room today. I put a load in the dryer and got distracted and failed to turn it on. My last load is in the wash and I could have been done long ago.

Maryz, I betcha you will get those quilts done in no time, it's what you do. As for another camping trip, I agree, tell Bill I don't want to go either. woo hoo for little Missy standing up and preparing for her first step, no stopping her now. Jerry also did his own packing for the same reason, but this morning he told me I had to think of him as a little kid who isn't as able as he was. So, I guess in the end, we go back to being their mother. I wasn't watching Yellowstone I was watching Longmire. I don't know if they are the same quilt or not, but both are really nice. We have both types of showers. The shower chair has made it into the bathroom but isn't being utilized yet. Hoping it will happen, if not there will be a sponge bath.

Judi, the Yellowstone tv show quilt is just in there, someone is using it in the show. Same thing with the quilt in the Longmire tv show. My question is, are they the same or different quilts. Everytime I google Longmire quilt I get a Lone Star quilt. ugh. Now I am even wondering if it was the Longmire show. Glad your kids are getting healthy and having fun hope that daughter of yours feels good soon

Flo, hope that sun shows up for you. We are supposed to get a rain storm starting Wednesday. My dad will come up before then and make sure I know how to use the generator.

Valerie, glad your DD can stay nearby. Acturally the shower went quite well. That shower had two sliding doors. Some time ago we took the doors outside to scrub them and bang, one shattered. We put one door back on and use a curtian. So, to shower Jerry I removed the door and it went really well. He can help with lifting himself up, especially if there is a bar to hold on to. So thankful things are moving forward for Josiah.

Maryq, those 30's prints are perfect for the dresses quilt and so many others that she makes. I'm so glad you have been blessed with so much wonderful fabric. Jerry's siblings are an odd bunch. His older brother calls on a very rare occasion, usually with news of a family event. Of his 4 siblings I like his older brother the best. I will get that pattern to you, it's quite easy. Jerry has tried different nutional drinks and hasn't liked any of them.

Jana, it was quite a game wasn't it. A nail biter for sure. My son and DIL and parents were here watching it. My son went home at half time, bet he wishes he'd have stayed till the end. Jerry actually stayed awake for the whole game, and had a nice visit with my parents and kids. It was a great day.

Lyn, it's kind of a shocker when Jerry asks those hard questions. But I have to answer them honestly. Actually, I am pretty much validating what he already knows. Last night he saw his dad, his dad has been dead for 18-20 years. Glad you had fun at the quilt show, looking forward to seeing the cat quilt.

Tina, I blew it. I failed to order that highland cow quilt pattern. Not really ready to make it now anyway and it will go on sale again. I have never seen the that tv series. I usually shut things off after the third cuss word. It is a beautiful quilt.

I am plum worn out. I started this post just after noon and here it is 8:30 and I am finishing up. I do believe it's time for jammies. I do hope everyone is all snug and sleeping well.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to β€œSew ins”