Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SATURDAY, January 27th

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: SATURDAY, January 27th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:48 am

Good morning. It's been a busy morning this morning.

My POTD is to go over all the equipment that was brought here and learn how to use it. Jerry had about 3 bites of instant oatmeal this morning, Moose ate the rest of it. Jerry says he had been fasting for those 4 days. He really isn't awake often and when he and I are talking about something he falls asleep then wakes up and sometimes takes the conversation from where we left off. He did ask me if he was dying, that was tough. but I was honest.

I will accept help when I need it. Jerry doesn't want to see anyone but the kids or my parents. He doesn't want his siblings around; they haven't been around for the last 20+ years. He's pretty adamant. He and Marilyn will have a video chat this morning, and she will come here when she can. My parents were here yesterday and have offered to come whenever I need them. Richard will be here whenever I need him. I have a friend nearby who will either stay with Jerry so I can grocery shop or she will grocery shop and I will wait for the delivery. Or my parents will take care of shopping and bring it to me. I've got a very tight circle, but it is how we want it.

Valerie, no surgery yesterday, did they give Josiah something to eat. that sweetie must be hungry. I sure hope they go through with the procedure today.

Maryz, Feb 15th, you can get in lots of smooches between now and then. She has to be the most loved little girl ever. I love her and don't even know her. If you redo your hair you may need to redo your pictures. Just sayin'.

Judi, while I am not a football fan, I do hope the Lions win, but don't tell Jerry or my son. Funny that Ken was snoring while you were typing. Jerry is snoring too.

Flo, I have only put a zipper in once. It did turn out pretty good much to my amazement.

Jana, loved that you bet with M&M's and I also love shrimp.

Lois, I love that quilt, it's going to be gorgeous.

Tinab, So sweet of you to make Linus blankets. I didn't realize they came with teddy bears. Enjoy your cross stitch, hope you post a picture when you are done.

Tina, the Hulu series Longmire had a lady who was wrapped in a quilt. I can't find a picture of it now but it, I believe, was similar to the one you are making. Maybe you need to edit the photo and make it larger, or perhaps when you put it on the postimage or whatever the name is of the website is. maybe you can enlarge your photo there.

Maryq, only 8 bags? ha ha. where will you girls put it all? Hope you get that flannel. I made Jerry a flannel quilt it was a Fons and Porter pattern. It looked like bricks, if you're interested I can certainly share the pattern. It is also backed with flannel, He uses it constantly. I sent you a picture on FB messenger.

Well girls, I feel like I have been tring to type this for hours. Soon Marilyn will call then I will start my day.

You all have a fantastic day and weekend.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:12 pm

Happy Saturday ladies. Hanging out with Josiah today. DD has gone to get some much needed R/R.

There will be no surgery today. Since they had to transfusion him yesterday they have to recheck his levels and now monitor him for infection for 72 hours. He seems to do okay as long as nobody wants to do anything to him. He is done with needles, dressing changes, food and whatever else they want him to do. I wish he could understand.

I did bring some binding to work on but not making much progress. He can't see where the couch is so until DD gets back I need to sit where he can see me. And not enough light on this side of the crib.

They aren't pushing the food too much as he has a feeding tube. If he won't drink the pedicure, they put it through the tube. 4 cans a day is his minimum.

Chriss glad to hear Jerry took at least a couple bites. I am sure Josiah will share his pediasure.

Maryq actually the new dr said the old doctor and whoever needs to be held accountable. So that is what she thinks. Very unusual for a dr to say that about another.

Yes Flo that is the bad part of town. The hospital is off 580 and MLK. Another bad part of town. DD was going to walk to the store! Yea, NO! I made her take my car.

Not much else happening here. Hope everyone is well. Continuing prayers for those who need them. 🙏
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

patches4

Post by patches4 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:47 pm

Just a clarification
Project
Linus just gives blankets.

I would personally like to give each sick kid a blanket and a teddy bear to hug, like a hug from me.
If I only could.

So that’s why I do blankets to hug for Project Linus.

TinaB

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:58 pm

Valerie - that entire neck of the Oakland woods is dangerous. Even when Michael was working for BART, MacArthur station was a huge no no - that right by Children's! Be very aware of your surroundings! At all times!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:29 pm

Tina, I love that quilt. I remember seeing it when I watched the series.

Valerie, the poor little guy. I bet he's glad you're there with him. Hope his mama got some rest. I bet she is exhausted. Having your baby that sick must take a terrible toll on a person.

Chriss, you have you work cut out for you. Sorry you had to have that discussion with Jerry. Seems like most of the time things are going along, and then the reality of it hits you. I know you are a strong person, but even the strong have weaker days as well. Hope you don't get overwhelmed.

Maryq, $18 a yard is ridiculous. I'll keep my eye out for the fabric. I'm going to a place that has flat folds next week and their prices are usually pretty good. If I find it, I'll let you know.

Maryz, you're a crazy sewing lady. Glad you are getting those quilts done.

Jana, I think Oakland in general is not a very friendly place.

I've been dealing with my dad and brother a lot the last few days and I'm exhausted. I've been waiting to see what was going to happen with my brother before making any final decisions about my dad's living situation. I think it would be best to keep him at home and bring someone in a few time a week to get him used to it. I have a few trips this year and will need them to come in more on the weeks I'm gone. I spoke with a nurse yesterday about putting my brother on hospice. They feel because of his condition, that it would be best. I spoke with his doctor today, and will weigh in a few more things before making a final decision. He is unable to make any decisions for himself at the point. Didn't get to sew today. Maybe tomorrow.

Sleep well my quilty friends.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:50 pm

I had such a wonderful thing happen to me today. A friend from church who lives up the road offered with her husband to take my trash to the dump, we don't have trash pick up here. Then she asked if I needed anything at the store. Jerry wanted wonder bread (yuck) they brought me a loaf of white bread. They woudn't take any money. The trash would have cost $21 and maybe a little more. I gave them my recyclable bottles and told them I didn't want any money for them, it likely would have paid for the bread. What kind people.

Another friend has agreed to be here on Feb 5th to stay with Jerry while I go to my dentist appointment.

Valerie, when the hospice person was here she offered us a case of ensure so please let Josiah know that his pediasure is safe. He ate a few bites because I told him he needed to put something on his stomach to take his meds. I am so glad Josiah is in a facility where he will get the treatment and care he needs.

Lori, I bet you are completely overwhelmed. Amazing the mental toll it takes on you. So many things that need to be addressed. I only have one person to look after, I couldn't imagine two at once. I'm sure you will figure out what is best for both your brother and you dad, change is difficult no matter what the change is. People adapt. Just listen to your intuition and don't second guess yourself like I did. You're a very intelligent woman and will do what's best. Sometimes a walk and a cry works wonders, ask me how I know.

Jerry had a small bowl of corn chex for dinner, so he could take his meds. Not sure these few bites of whatever he is having really matter but it makes me feel better. He still sleeps most all day and all night. He says he wants a shower tomorrow, he could use one but we will see what his energy level is.

Good night girlfriends, hope you are sleeping well.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”