Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

FRIDAY, January 26th

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: FRIDAY, January 26th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:00 am

Good morning, it's going to be a busy day today. I love how people want to help. I am blessed.

The ladies at church wanted to start a meal train. well, Jerry isn't eating and I nibble as time permits. Lately I have been having a small meal daily. Now that Jerry is home I will likely eat a little more but not enough to have a meal train show up daily. Imagine the casseroles that will pile up in my fridge.

And then family, this is the part where I am glad I don't have a big family. wants to come visit. My dad and step mom will be here today as will a hospice nurse. My son wants to come, and Marilyn hasn't decided yet. Marilyn has work, snow, and travel time to the train. And she only can spend one night and rush back home.

Maryz, I would love a nice juicy steak with mushrooms and grilled onions. Maybe some loaded cauliflower (mock potatoes) and either asparagus or broccoli. Moose would like the bone. Could sure use an Amara picture, hint hint. don't make me have to twist your arm.

Judi, if I made a list of the quilts I have it would be a very short list. Last time Marilyn was here she took a few home. I can think of 7 that I have here. One day I will have more time for sewing. I love when you pack for Florida each year. You always want to take too much and Ken could fit all his stuff in a backpack. I laugh each time. Thanks for the respite care reminder. I do have a dentist appointment in February, and could use a quick trip to the grocery store in the near future. I don't really need much but like to do my own shopping. I do completely feel the love and friendship that comes from all over the map and lands in my heart. To quote Maryq, it makes me schmoopy

Flo, I would like some soggy, I'll trade you a little blue sky, it's not warm but it is a lovely cloudy blue. So far I am doing well. I'm excepting that the end result will be Jerry's passing. and I am comforted by my friends and my God, not in that order. Thank you for your offer, I have your number and won't hesitate to use it.

Tinab, wow, 62 degrees? We are supposed to have a warm up too. but you will see almost 70, dang girl, that's flip flop weather. Please don't even think about feeling selfish, we all have stuff we are dealing with and need to be supportive of eachother and helpful. I appreciate your prayers and know that you are in mine as well. Finding a good doctor is a chore. I wonder, if you wanted to go home, could the doctor do PT via zoom?

Jana, a robot vac would never work here. We have so much dog hair that it would be clogged before it started.

Lyn, amazing isn't it. You can go and be as nice as can be and it matters who you deal with at a store, or anywhere for that matter. You can have the best attitude but if the person you are dealing with is a butt head you need to find someone else. I would love to go to the quilt show with you. what fun that would be.

Maryq, I never expected you to say 30. Maybe 20, 25 but never ever thought 30. Dang girl, we are getting old. I have to say I am over feeling guilty for calling hospice. At first I felt I was determining Jerry's death would come quicker, but I have re-thunk all that. I am comfortable now and am at peace with this decision. It's going to be ok. Enjoy the anniversary dinner out. Where are you going? hope it's a great meal. The cranky people dont' have God. if they did they wouldn't be looking down they would be looking up. I think the question I have for God is, "what is with the mosquito?"

Tina, glad that Beth Dutton quilt will be for someone special. It looks almost like the one from the Longmire series. Easy to make and gorgeous. What names will you put in the blocks? It would be neat with hymn titles, How Great Thou Art, and Then Sings My Soul and others.

Sharon, glad you are feling better, except for that hair. UGH!!. Since you are in chore mode how about my adding three toilets to your list.

Valerie, I have home health coming today. She will give Jerry a sponge bath, which I will watch and learn how to do. On Tuesday a nurse will be here. The nurse wanted to come today but I didn't want to have so many people in and out in a day, I don't want Jerry or myself overwhelmed. Sounds like, if we left now, we could meet Lyn at the quilt show. Maybe next year. So sorry that Josiah is having to deal all of this, but so very happy he is in a better hospital and on his way to healing. hugs to you my very dear friend. I wish you didn't have to add this to your plate. I wish you could either take a leave or retire from working so that you could be with Josiah. Maybe the friend you met who is now in Concord has an opening for you that would better fit? I'd be there if I could.

Gosh darn, not sure how long i've been typing or how many distractions I've had but look, this post is finally coming to a close. crazy.

I pray you all have complete healing in your lives and the lives of your lovedones. I pray that the people you come across are polite and competent and helpful. God bless each of you, and thank you so much for your prayers, kind words and friendship.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:11 am

Chris you can divide the casseroles into serving sizes and freeze them. you will be able to take out only what you need...Tell the ladies how many meals you can handle but dont turn them down...then if company is coming to visit you can heat up more servings...paper plates and peper cups.too. mybe the ladies will provide some cookies to freeze too.....I know you dont eat them but when i was a visiting nurse I used to love a quick cup od coffee and a cookie after my visits...if i was pressed for time a togo bag was always welcome and my patients family loved to share,,,they so wanted to give back...xxxooo

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:30 pm

Chriss I am with Judi. Accept the help. It can be overwhelming when things first start. I am a Hospice nurse and remember being overwhelmed but you will get a routine. Can you clarify about Jerry's eating? Is he drinking? Protein shakes maybe? And I would be there too if I could.

The neurosurgeon has decided no surgery today. No MRI results yet and he needs a blood transfusion. So they will take care of that today. On tentative schedule for tomorrow.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:41 pm

Chriss, I'll be putting the names from the characters from the series in the blocks. It's a very bad word series but we like the plot and everything else so we watch it when no kids are around.
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”