Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

THURSDAY, January 25th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

THURSDAY, January 25th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:14 am

Good morning,

Yesterday was a gloomy, rainy, chilly, thundery day. I turned on all the lights in our trailer, played an audio book, and sewed the gloom away. I got another 1-1/2 unicorn blocks finished. I plan to finish all four blocks today (26"x26" each) and maybe figure out larger borders than called for. This quilt is 10" smaller than Cats in PJs and from what I know of these little twins, they will fight if one's quilt is bigger than the others. :lol: Maybe I'll make geese out of the scraps and have them fly around the borders . . .

CHRISS - You had a long day yesterday. Thank you for sharing updates with us. We love you and we've got you and Jerry covered in Prayer.

VAL - glad Josiah is going to Oakland, relieved Gramma will be coming with him, bummed he got delayed, but grateful they didn't risk a flight in questionable weather.

LORI - I do love how your fabrics turned out. Do you use your washing machine to dye them or a big tub or basin?

MARY Q - I've conferred with my tech dept and he says all Microsoft products now come with that 'feature' (One Drive). There is a way to turn it off (he did it) and he said he will send you a link on how to do this. Have you posted a photo of your finished quilt top yet??? When you're ready for that swap, I'll be waiting. But no rush for me - I can't even get to my R/W?B fabrics until March!

LYN - Sounds like your upcoming guest is one you'll really be looking forward to! But if you set up sewing shop in the garage, where will you park your tractor/mower and all the other odds and ends that go with owning a home? You don't have an extra bedroom in your house? We do have a clubhouse in our RV park though it's quite a long trek from our trailer. But most of my fabrics are small cuts. I just cover my kitchen sinks with the inserts they came with and it doubles my countertop. I have 3 sizes of cutting mats with me and mostly I am able to use the middle size, 12x18. So it works. But thanks for reminding me that I do have that clubhouse to use. I have in years past for larger projects (think Lord of the Rings), but don't generally think about it for smaller ones.

TINA B - How is your hubby doing? You flew to VA for his surgery? From where? Someone said they thought you lived in Illinois. I was thinking you were in Utah. How long will you be gone? I hope your DH heals quickly and completely.

JANA - You wanna talk about cabin fever? Try being stuck in a 29-foot fifth-wheel during a string of cold, stormy days. This RV shrinks more and more with each passing day! So what caught your attention in your Batt Cave yesterday?? How much have you got done on your OWL?

LOIS - awww --- you said 'chiropractor'. I sure miss mine! So - how did the desk work out? The State of Washington has a building in Oly where they put all their old desks, chairs, tables, shelving, file cabinets, and more for sale for dirt cheap. But they don't advertise it. I wonder if your state has such a resource for furniture. It's where I got my rolling sewing chair. And in fact, I'm thinking of re-doing my fabric storage system this year and I'll probably visit that outlet to see what they have. So what project is next up on your sewing table?

JUDI - what a treat to have a pedicure! You are now all set for Florida? As for shoes - I really messed up this trip. I totally forgot sandals or any slip-ons. But I do have a pair of black ankle boots with me and for some reason 2 pairs of black dress shoes. I think they got packed accidentally. I haven't worn any of those - just my Sketchers. Glad Colleen and Nolan are doing better. Don't forget - Two negative tests about 36 hrs apart are necessary to be considered truly negative.

Today will be another inside day. My weather app says only cloudy - not rainy. But those clouds are awfully loud hitting on our tin roof! I'll be working on Unicorns. I have to say, these blocks are turning out really cute. I constantly admire Elizabeth Hartman's talent to design these quilts.

Holding good thoughts and prayers for all the needs in our group, but especially for little Josiah and for Chriss & Jerry.

Mary z
>^+^<

I must still be groggy this morning - I almost signed my post, "Love, Bill & Mary". :lol: :lol: :lol: Though, to be honest, he has met many of you, knows about the rest of you, and he is, after all, a long-armer. :D

fabricgirl

Re: THURSDAY, January 25th

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:29 am

Good morning,

We are now in the rainy 🌧 weather pattern the chiropractor felt really good I came home feeling like a million bucks.

The desk will be in the box until Saturday bills upper arm below his shoulder is bothering him the chiropractor has him icing and applying heat should be better by Saturday we will start back at the gym on Tuesday I miss the gym but the weather has been crappy.

As for my next project I'm thinking of Beth Duttons quilt from Yellowstone it's my son's favorite colors red and black with a gray background.
That will be his new throw for Christmas he has his own gameroom.

Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:52 am

Another cloudy day on the coast. We've gotten a lot of much needed rain. I have my outside plants sitting in a long tote and dumped at least 2" out of it.

MaryZ, I will buy a shed for riding lawnmower and tools. The John Deere has never been inside. It has a bar overhead that might be too high for garage door. If , no, when I get it to Texas it will sit outside or I guess we could buy another carport for it. Thanks for posting for Chriss. I'm guessing she got Jerry to the Dr and was sent to ER on Tuesday.

Valerie, I hope the flight goes well to get Josiah moved and the new Dr's get him on the road to recovery.

Chriss, Thank you for posting last night. I hope you and Moose got some good sleep. Also hope Jerry had a peaceful night.

I got to beading late, between dealing with someone else getting up and a thunder boomer rolling thru just then. I sat at a table by myself, because the gal came who was sick yesterday. Had to run to the P.O. and Walmart and the day was gone.

I have to take the Jeep to Corpus this morning for an 8:30 appt to see why A/C isn't working right. Had it worked on in Ft Collins in Sept., but something is still wrong. I will take my iPad and crocheting and wait. I will also get to pick up my laptop, it's done.

Prayers for Josiah, Jerry and Chriss and all others, God knows where they are needed.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:09 am

Good morning,,I jumped out of bed with a dash to the computer and Jerry and chris on my mind,,,So glad to hear from Chris,,,Sending as many positive thoughts and prayers as I can muster...Hoping they get him out of there and home in his own bed, Also praying the hospice sends a caring nurse to watch over you both. The hospice I refered to when I was working sent a nurse an aide a social worker and a minister or priest to visit all giving the support you need,,,
We had a nice dinner with the kids and Rykers family. he is a cute kid, let his hair grow out and go a mullet hair cut yesterday,,,he now has "hockey hair" ( it is short on top but hangs out under the back of the hockey helmet) it is a thing with 8 yr od hockey players,,we have a game tonight,
Lori after we got home from the dinner I spent a good hour watching indigo dyeing videos...I was facinated but dont think I would try it with out a set up in the yard,,It amazed me that the gal going the video made the solution and dyed the fabric and never got a drop on her,,,her long gloves were very blue though...I would be a lot messier,,,
Maryz, if the other GPs are leaving will you be called into service to babysit or will the kids need a break....
I did get the toes done and the massage part is my favorite...getting your feet and legs massaged then wrapped in a hot towel was the best, then she paints them..I could do this every week...lol.
Lois Hoping the desk goes together well and you are up and running,,,I will look up that quilt...Do you ever just make a quilt with no one in mind or am I the only one who has piles of quilts in my closet...???
Valerie Hoping the flight is today and little Josiah gets settled in and taken care of,,,Also hoping gramma can get there to see him...
Lyn good luck with the jeep...does Garry go with you on all your adventures aka repair trips...seems you always have something to do...
Well I need to get dressed and make the bed and i do have a load in the dryer that needs to be folded and put away,,,a cup of coffee would be nice too...Dishwasher needs emptying and I do need to find something for supper tonight,,,,
Hope you have a great day,,,Prayers and more Prayers,,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:19 am

Good morning and happy Thursday!

On duty until 8:30, then a meeting on line for my day shift job at 8:45. A little lady to see in Saint Helena which is 45 min or so away but through the Napa Valley so nice drive.

I checked Reno weather and it looks like mid morning to mid afternoon is the best flight time. Like I would know anything about that but at least the weather app shows sun at those times.

Lyn I read about the coast and had to stop and think a minute. I forget that the west coast is not the only coast! The current concern with Josiah I think is the blood clot. He doesn't seem to be making attempts to get out of bed so maybe he still has a headache.

Lois I looked that quilt up, perfect quilt for a guy. I can see it in flannel also.

Maryz yes kids are concerned about those sorts of things. I think California has a similar outlet. I heard something about it briefly but have never looked into it. I should take the time to do that.

Chriss hoping Jerry gets to come home today. Maybe they can sort out the medication issue and things will be better. If they can at least stop him from falling.

Oh darn, there's the phone. Gotta go, will get back as soon as I can and post Feb lotto!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:20 am

Good Morning Girls

Just a quick fly by this morning as I have to get in the shower soon. I'm going to pick up Peggy and we're making a mad dash to Joann. Not that I NEED any fabric for sure, but there's a couple little things I want to do for my DB Tim's South Dakota project and I need to see if I can find "Hello Kitty" and "Paw Patrol" fabric.. And I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

BUT I had to stop by and leave a message for Chriss----I so hope and pray that there will be good news in California today, that Jerry gets to go home. I pray for God to watch over him always and keep him comfortable and free of pain.

And for Valerie.... I pray that all goes well today with Josiah too, that the flight to Oakland is ON and that the Dr's there can fix up that darling little boy.

Yesterday I did get the quilt top done for Miss Kayla.. I'll post a picture here in a minute, but I better get in shower. I'll come back this afternoon and catch up as I am anxious to hear any news about our Jerry and little Josiah!

See you all later!

patches4

Post by patches4 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:33 am

Good morning all,
Prayers sent for all in need especially Chriss and Jerry.
DH is doing fine no pain and is non weight bearing till February 7 when stitches and staples come out. We came out to VA because are DD ankle surgeon is very good at what he does and we had seen several Drs. In Illinois not happy so came out last fall to get his opinion. We left Illinois the7th missed all the bitter cold it did get cold and had some snow and I will stay here until he can bathe and dress himself. Right now I will go home near the end of February. Can’t wait to get back to my sewing machine it must feel neglected. Have 2 kids watching the house but not touching machine. Anyway DH has at least 4 spots on heel and ankle that have staple and stitches. He will have PT out here probably awhile and I will come back and forth. He is doing well.
Just wishing there was something to do to help Chriss. Feeling frustrated as I watched a dear friend do similar journey a year ago and I did with my Mother two years ago.
We have to take each day as a gift from God a present.
Love, hugs, prayers for all, I am thankful for you all.
TinaB
Patches4

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:00 am

Morning
Up and sourdough pizza crust raising for lunch. Next is strip bed and clean front bathroom....after coffee that is.
Read about Chriss and Jerry. They are both in my thoughts.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:26 am

Good morning!

Many prayers and thoughts for Chriss and Jerry and little one, Josiah. Those life flight pilots are great! When Michael was up in the hospital at the U, we had a ringside view of the helipad and watched them coming and going, day and night. That helipad had three assigned helicopters and even some from Idaho showed up.

Not much happening here. Raining or snowing a tiny bit. What you get, depends on high up the mountain you are. Right now, here, at my house, it both. We had a insurance policy, from many many years ago for a long term nursing home care that was a big boondoggle. People sued and created a class action lawsuit and won. We were included and finally the settlement arrived. So now, we need to head to the bank and create a account for it. I'm glad to be done with this, as it's a sore spot here. I've wanted to drop it years ago, but Michael didn't. Now the court settled that.

Hopefully no more Yoohoodi escapades today, I'll let him out to vacuum. I'll take my phone with me to the Batt Cave so I can watch , sew as he works! I have a OWL ready to stitch down, threads are all ready for that. I have all my other OWL fabrics ready to do another month when I'm done with this one.

Hugs, lots of prayers,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:11 am

Good morning all 🌞
Lois, I want to make the Beth Dutton quilt too, what size squares will you use to make the 9 patch blocks for yours?
Judi, I make quilts just because, but "some people" keep taking most of them. But I have a list of "just because" ones to still make.
Prayers for Josiah, Chriss and Jerry and any others in need.
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”