Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

THURSDAY, January 25th

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: THURSDAY, January 25th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:28 am

I’m told I can bring Jerry home today with hospice.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:47 am

Thoughts are with you Chriss.

Josiah flight scheduled for 11. We will see. 🙏 that pilot knows what he's doing.

Jyst heard from daughter, flight crew is there.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:57 am

Valerie, Prayers for a safe flight.

Chriss, Prayers you get Jerry home safely. Glad Hospice will be helping.

Judi, No, Garry doesn't come along. He would rather stay home. Coming along means he'd get some exercise, like walking.

Well, the condenser has bit the dust. Another 2 grand to fix, mostly labor. Guess it's hard to get to.
Lyn

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:26 am

Lyn wondering if a new one would be cheaper?

I have found out this AM that the Dr. who read Josiah's first CT scan back in November messed up. He said it was normal and no need to repeat. Despite symptoms they just would not do it despite being asked multiple times. Another whole team of doctors have looked at things and determined it was read wrong and the last 2 months did not have to happen how they did. He now needs a VP shunt (ventriculoperitoneal shunt) Most often these are permanent. The move to Oakland is because there is a pediatric neurologist that specializes in the surgical procedure to put it in. I am so upset right now I can't think. This is so much more to this but too long to go into. I think I will get dressed and head up valley to my patient's area to try and clear my mind.

Chriss let us know when Jerry is home and settled. Thinking of you both.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:27 pm

Josiah is safely in Oakland and I am feeling better.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:29 pm

Mary, Indigo is made in a 5 gallon bucket and can be used over and over as long as it's got a lid.

Judi, you definitely want things covered when you are dying with indigo. I didn't get any on me, but I am very careful because I've done it before. I also use regular dyes and you just have to be very aware that they stain things. My friend that had never done any fabric dying pulled a piece out of her bucket and flung dye all over the place. Everyone around her jumped back and said something.

Val, I am so sorry to hear that new about Josiah. Some doctors let there egos get in the way instead of actually listening the people. I sure hope it's fixable. The drive up to Saint Helena is beautiful. Hope it helps you clear your mind a bit.

Jana, funny you have to keep an eye on the robot.

Chriss, hope you are able to get Jerry hope and comfortable.

I took Jack to the do it yourself dog wash and gave him a bath. It was way easier than doing it here. We'll do Wrigley in a couple of days. He takes 2 people and Bill's back is a tender today, so he's taking it easy. I cut out a wool project last night and got it fused. Then I cut out another one. Still need to fuse that one. I bought little kits from Buttermilk Basin at Road2CA. I also bought a kit from Edyta Sitar. It's really pretty, but I'll wait on that one. I'll need a little more time to cut out that quilt.

Have a wonderful evening.

Lori 8-)

womster

Post by womster » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:37 pm

Hello ladies -

Chriss - prayers for you both. I’m glad you got to take him home.

Valerie - prayers for that sweet boy and the family.

Lyn - ouch!

Much love to all. xoxo Sharon

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:18 pm

My gosh what a crazy roller coaster today was. Seems like it took forever but Jerry got sprung from the hospital. I am so grateful for his nurse. As the doctor was trying to keep him there for heaven knows what and she gave me the prompts I needed to follow my wishes.

Finally, he got to go home. The nearest hospice was 1 1/2 hours from me so they took a while to get here and didn't leave until just after 6pm. But, they gave Jerry oxygen and he is breathing a bit better. No congestion sounds. He's not really ready for some of these things now but one day he will be and I will have them ready.

I was so worried I was making the wrong decision and have gotten so much wonderful support form girls on this forum and from my church ladies group. Now that the hospice nurse has been here I feel so much better. I truly am friend blessed.

Maryz, funny how kids measure and count to see who has the most or gets the biggest. You are wise to add borders to make the quilts the same size. Have we gotten to smooch Amara yet, I think it's way over due.

Lois, hope Bill's arm heals up quickly. Good to know that Saturday is new desk day. Love that quilt. It's really a great pattern.

Lyn, amazing isn't it? How a whole day can be wasted by the post office and Wmart. the two sure take up time. Dang about the A/C, I had a jeep liberty and loved it. but it eventually died so we got the subaru forester. I love it too, but my jeep was cool.

Judi, I love that you had a pedicure. I never have had my nails or toes done. Not sure I could handle someone touching my toes, but I hear it's wonderful. This hospice also has a RN, LVN, social worker, and minister. One of the nurses will be here three times a week. Not sure right now that I need three days but will see. I think the others will be here weekly. I'm sure as time goes along I will need them often. Right now I just need to learn how to do things and go from there. they are going to be a huge blessing, even more than I realized.

Valerie, this has been quite a month, hasn't it? Not the way I wanted us to be twins. I am just overjoyed that Josiah made it to Oakland. I pray that he gets amazing care and is his old self soon. My dad once told me, not every doctor finished first in his class, some are just not good at what they do. Sadly when there is an emergency you need the top of the class person.

Maryq, did you find the hello kitty or paw patrol fabric? Sure wish I could help but I don't have either. So hard to believe that Miss Kayla is all grown up.

Tinab, so glad DH is healing well and doing fine. I have to say that in the beginning I was worried about Jerry's end of life and calling hospice. but now, after receiving so much support from the ladies here and in my church women's group I am feeling so much more at ease with this decision. Also, my faith is a huge factor. I'm very blessed and thankful for the people in my life.

Flo, sourdough pizza sounds wonderful, I'll have my pizza without the bread. in the last couple of weeks I have lost 7 pounds. Just no time to eat. but tomorrow i am going to have a good meal.

Jana, is your newfound wealth enough to buy yourself that new lap top?

Lori, how's the progress going with dad's living arrangements? and how is your brother? I love your dyed fabric. Moose could sure use a bath, can you come get him next?

Sharon, you are always so very busy, I pray you take time to exhale.

Tomorrow there is nothing that I need to do. I am sure some one from hospice will call and come by, but maybe they will give me a day off. and I can have a relaxer.

Hope you all have a great night, God bless and thank you for your friendship and support.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”