Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

WEDNESDAY, January 24th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: WEDNESDAY, January 24th

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:00 am

Lori I have a book of Boro. it is another japanese style of joining denim fabric to make a larger piece for clothing and bags. Shibori is used in this book too...I thought I would try it one day....is this Indigo dying? I have always been interested in dyed fabrics,,,and interested in the process of indigo...the fabric that becomes indigo color after it is hung in the sun? . Looks like you have created an interest here,
Last edited by grammiequilts on Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:03 am

Judi, yes, it is indigo. Very different from other dyes.
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:59 am

Just heard from Josiah's Dad. He will be flown to Oakland as soon as the weather allows. My daughter will fly with him
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:39 pm

Valerie, Thanks for the update. Glad to hear your daughter/Grandma will be with him. Praying for his healing.
Lyn

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:43 pm

Val, hope the little guy gets the care he needs. Glad mom is getting to fly with him.
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:17 pm

Daughter just called, flight crew thinks weather too risky tonight but there is sunshine expected tomorrow so will try again. Oh my, better safe than sorry
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:58 pm

Valerie, prayers for a safe flight and Josiah getting the care he needs to make a full recovery. He sure is a cutie 💓
Tina

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:46 pm

good evening. Today was quite unproductive. They didn't do the MRI unitl this afternoon and it hasn't been read yet. I also found out Jerry's dilantin levels are high and apparently dilantin fights with chemo. Could be part of the problem. I will know more tomorrow. Jerry will hopefully get to come home tomorrow.

Lori, I love the devil says crap saying. Another one is "the devil whispers in her ear you can't handle the storm, she whispers back and says I am the storm" Twins again, my hair also frizzes when there is moisture in the air. I call it my cocktail waitress hair. Love what you are doing with the indigo dying, very cool.

Judi, I agree, robots (artificial intelligence)will take over the world. Have you seen the movie "Smart House" Yay for Ryker week. hope it's a great dinner and a winning game. Glad Coleen and Nolen are doing better.

Valerie, we also don't sort clothes. They all go in the laundry basket and when it's ready I toss them in the wash. sorry about your hoarder patient, I wonder what brought her to become a hoarder. Have you seen the tv show Hoarders? pretty crazy. So glad Josiah is going to be closer, hope traveling tomorrow is a cinch

Maryz, woo hooo, the other grandma is leaving. let the smooches commence. I'm doing well, a lot better than I thought I would be. We will see how I am after my advocate hat is removed and my head is bare.

Lois, did the desk arrive? I hope it's perfect.

Jana, I don't drive in the snow either. Much funner to play in the cave.

Tinab, hope your DH;s ankle does well. what are you embroidering?

Lyn, so nice to have big tables to put a quilt together. Love your sewing shed idea. sounds perfect.

Maryq, I often get distracted. crazy how you have things that must be done and then poof, squirrel, and you're off in a different direction.

I do believe it's bedtime for me. It's a little strange sleeping alone but I will be fine.

See you tomorrow,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”