Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday January 23,2024

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: Tuesday January 23,2024

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:38 am

Seems the whole forum needs prayers...big and small//
Chriss I am praying that the Drs give Jerry the option to rest easy with hospice...at some point in time the ptient and the Drs need to decide quality over quantity, Working in ocology for many years,,,I have seen miracles and they are very few...but still possible..At some point the patients say "enough" and go to rest easy...my 2 best friends were hospice nurses and they had my deepest repect,,,prayers that things go the way Jerry needs them to go.
Maryz Years ago I jumped off a ladder and spained both my ankles (no breaks) but it was very painful and took a while and some therapy to get me back to normal...Praying for your friend,
Lyn, have fun with all the computer and tv stuff...I have an IT guy in residence,,,Garry is a lucky guy,,,I bow to your abilty to do so many things,,,
Flo some days you just need to kick back and relax...( tell me how that is, I wouldnt know)
Lois hope your desk arrives soon. Congrats on finishing that quilt..I am still working on my WIP.
Lori I get a couple of perms a year to keep me in curls...I have very fine hair and it goes flat at the drop of the hat,,,Shall we trade hair?
Maryq If I remember correctly your hair looked very nice,,,I mainly need the perms for body and to hold a curl for more than 5 minutes,,,
Jana I still think your roomba might be looking for ways to disrupt..I saw a movie once about robots taking over the world...I think Id remove his batteries when i went to bed,,,just sayin,
Colleen says she is feeling much better today after sleeping a lot of hours and taking a boat load of vitamins...She also took excederin and extra c thanking God she feels better already,,,Her biggest problem is whether her (germophobic) in laws will stay with the kids while they are gone...( 3 teenagers cannot be left alone for 4 days with school and things.) I usually do it but Im gone next week thurs,,, Airlines have no restrictions any more...
XXXXXXOOOOOOO

WeSignificant

Re: Tuesday January 23,2024

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:46 pm

I am here, so sorry to be so late. I don't know what is going on with Josiah now. He has not been moved. Apparently Oakland doesn't have an opening. They think he is doing better today and they may just keep him. I am glad he is doing better but I really wanted him moved out of that hospital. They are the ones that missed everything to begin with.

Worked today, patient in St. Helena. Heart of the Napa Valley but she is a Horder and I am making no progress with her. I don't know how to fix hording and until she gets some organizational skills I think I am wasting my time. I think she needs a psychiatrist and not a nurse!

Maryz my ankles hurt just reading that. Definitely will add to pray list.

Judi I got a perm once, ended up looking like Cher! Adding prayers for Colleen and Nolan. Covid is really making a come back here.

Flo I guess there is a lot of freezing weather going on about the country. Makes you wonder about global warming?

Jana I don't do laundry for the week. We put our clothes straight into the washer and when It full, I run it. Everything is colorfast these days and haven't had an issue so why not. I don't know even if they are going to transfer him now and if they do, I am sure it will be air.

Maryq I was hoping God was intervening but now I am not so sure. I do find myself questioning why this is happening even though I know I am not supposed to. Trying to stay focused on work and my sewing but do find it hard.

Lyn I think you are a regular little handyman! I could use you at my house if you need a road trip. I want to get up at 8, have breakfast and then be napping soon after! If they get Josiah moved I am not sure who will come, They all have jobs and not sure of their ability to get off.

Chriss how did the appointment go? I have been praying it's not Hospice time but you could be right. You have to weight quality over quantity and what is best for you and Jerry.

Lori I am hoping that is what the Devil say when I get up? What is Shibori?

Judi I think teens should not be left alone period! I was a teen once!

Well time to think about dinner. Haven't hit the sewing room yet today. I have a splitting headache so may skip it. I have a meeting tomorrow and one patient. Will also get back to Dad paperwork. The military has sent me some more!

Sweet dreams everyone
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”