Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday January 23,2024

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday January 23,2024

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:57 am

Good morning,

Well I finally completed the cat quilt they will come pick it up Saturday.
We found another desk on Amazon it shipped and it might be here an Thursday or if not it will be here by tuesday..
I don't know what I will do today but it might be putting fabric back.
Well I will take a picture of the cat quilt when it gets light out still dark.

Well thats all the news from here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Re: Tuesday January 23,2024

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:02 am

Good morning,

Another rainy day ahead here. Yesterday we got about 3.5" in 10 hours. They really need it here in Texas and I got to sew all day long, so no complaints. :D

LOIS - congrats on finishing your cat quilt! I'm looking forward to a finished picture! What's next??

FLO - what a purrfect gift for a brand new 5 yr old! And a llama, too! Lucky little girl!

DIANE - did you use fabric softener with your muslin? Maybe both liquid kind and then the dryer sheet kind would help straighten out the muslin? Is it possible to dry it on a clothesline, either outside or in a garage? Line drying really helps with wrinkles, especially if there's a breeze.

LYN - I hope your new laptop turns out to be your 'best buy' ever!

LORI - happy birthday to your dad! I bet he was happy to have supper and a cake delivered to him!

VAL - good picture of Josiah. I'm glad he's being transferred to Oakland. Is that about 30 miles from you? Will more family come with him? Will they stay with you? Tacoma General, where I worked, had apartments for parents to stay in.

CHRISS - I've seen medical equipment stores that offer used items. Looks like there are three in your general area. (I peeked) Some even deliver. So much cheaper than buying everything new. Maybe they would be helpful. I had quite a bit of stuff from my parents but gave it all away when they no longer needed it. I've kicked myself over and over for not keeping it. My sis hurt her knee when visiting us. Then a friend with one leg stayed with us for a week. I had surgery. The shower stool alone would have come in handy for all of us!

SHARONA - There aren't too many chores that take precedence over getting well. Remember, healing takes place during sleep. So, rest and get well soon!

JANA - sounds like you've got football fever at your house! Good luck to both teams - yours and Judi's!

MARY Q - How was the commute to your assoc meeting yesterday? :lol: Are your townhouses in units of four? All one-story? And did KC's CC call? Crossing fingers for her and for you that the move to Arkansas happens. It really would be best for her to be with family.

Yesterday I finished my Cats in PJs top and packed it for quilting at home. Then I got out my unicorn pattern and fabrics. I'll start cutting it today. Since we're not babysitting this week and the weather is BAD, there's not much else to do, so I'm getting a lot of sewing time. :D

Bill was talking on the phone with our friend, Doyle, yesterday when Doyle had to take a call on his house phone from his wife's doctor. Susie, was at a doctor's appt but she fell in the doorway of the doctor's office and fractured both ankles - one compound fracture. She had surgery late last night and will need more surgery later this week. She will have to go to a rehab facility for several weeks for healing. Susie has RA and already has mobility issues so it's going to be a long haul for her. I know our prayer list is long lately, but if you could add her to it, they would be grateful. Thank you.

Now - to grab a cup of joe, hit the shower, and start cutting unicorns!

Spring is only 55 days away! That's just 7 weeks and 6 days!

mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:12 am

Good morning 32 out might have to break out the flip flops...ken has left for the rink and it looks a bit icey out on our road...salt trucks are out we are a school bus route so we get taken care of. I am not planning on going anywhere anyway...might have to sew today,,,
I do have some pantry items to put away,,,my amazon order came last night...I have regular delivery of soap and paper products, and coffee.
yesterday I made a shepards pie and it was so good we will have that tonight per Kens request..
Lois glad you found another desk. A picture of the quilt will be fun to see,
Maryz It seems to be the rainy season where you are...Does Scottie have a rain coat? Who walks him in the rain? Look up Doggie rain gear on amazon...it made me laugh...
Well I am finishing my coffee and need to get dressed...I did get a haircut yrsterday and a perm...(yes I always wanted curly hair) It came out perfect and exatly how i needed it...Tomorrow i go to get a pedicure and I will be all se tof r Florida...
On a sad note,,,,Colleen called this morning she has Covid....Nolan tested positive too...he is not sick just a cough but my poor daughter has the fever, headache and chills...She put in a call to her Dr for the Paxlovid as she is booked for Vegas next week...everyone in the house is negative so far...pray she doesnt get the pneumonia she had the first time around...I was not around her since last week befor any one was sick...Nolan thinks he caught it at the gym....Hve a good day,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:24 am

Morning
Didn't get much done yesterday. Other than laundry and supper that's it. We had freezing rain which turned to pouring rain, so caring for chickens wore me out...maybe today will be productive.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:28 am

Good morning!

It will be a great day here! My laundry is done for this week, its warmer than usual outside, and the rest of my need to accomplish list is caught up. Playtime in the Batt Cave!

Got another old people entertainment story for y'all! I was doing the vacuuming, meaning I had I had my Yoohoodi doing his thing. My phone and tablet were needing a charge, so I plugged them in and went off doing other things. Came back awhile later, thinking it was long enough to unplug my phone and put it in my purse, where I keep it. Double checked the charge, and it hadn't charged at all! Humm, what was going on. So I checked another thing on that cord and it was off too. Well, my darn little Yoohoodi had managed somehow to turn off the switch on the power strip that's hidden, so I thought it was hidden, that supplied the power for the strip! That little twerp! I guess that little bugger was getting back even with us, fixing it so he couldn't turn off his own base station willy nilly! I'm getting worried that all this AI is going to get the best of me! LOL! Remember the good old days of when all we had to contend with was flashing VCR time lights? ;)

Not much else here.

Valerie - Children's is a great place! One of the best! Will they use a air ambulance to transfer Josiah there from Reno!? That's a long drive. Someone needs to take a picture for him, he's too little to remember that flight in a helicopter! Children's did a first every type of heart surgery on a niece of mine. It was a brand new procedure for open heart surgery on a 3 month old baby. And she was the first She survived and is now a old happy adult with grandchildren!

Smile, it makes others wonder what you're up too!

Hugs and prayers - prayers are wonderful!
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:10 am

Good Morning Everyone!

It's still dark here too! Not that the sun isn't up, it is, but there are so many clouds you can't see it! But hey's It's getting warm, so I ain't complainin'.

Lois.., Congratulations on finishing your cat quilt! Be sure to text me the picture so I can post it for you!! I'm looking forward to seeing it!! Hope your new desk from Amazon works out and will be easy to put together.

Maryz.... OH dear, Poor Susie!! BOTH ankles? Do you suppose she has a little osteoporosis? For sure I'll add her to the prayer list. Oh yes, quite easy to get to my meeting yesterday, just threw on my slippers and walked text door! There are 32 Units here, most are Quads, but there are 2 buildings that are duplexes... all one level and even tho we are not a SENIOR development, they were all built to be wheel chair accessible---wider doors etc. Most of us here are old folks--Jim across the parking lot from me is 92--I think he's the oldest, they have been here since 1998 when these units were built!

Judi... OH NO Covid again for Colleen and Nolan??? Do you suppose they will let her still fly next week ? I'm not sure what the rules are anymore, but in any case I sure hope she's all good by then. Doesn't it feel great to get a new hair do. I've always wanted curly hair too, but the last time I got a perm I swore I would never do it again. I used to myself perms all the time, they wouldn't last long, but at least my stick straight hair would bend a little!

Jana... Your laundry is done? Wanna come and do mine? After washing all the fabric last week, I'm kind of sick of being in that room!! I think your little yoohoodie has a mind of his own! Don't you wonder if he just isn't out to get you. Though these stories would make for a good sci-fi movie "That appliances take over"

Sharon... That's what I always says when somebody asks me how I've been "I'm still kickin', just not as high as I used to" Truthfully, if I tried to kick something, I' probably fall over! Hope you are doing well!

Valerie.... Oh what a sweet boy! I believe there are little miracle everywhere in the world and I pray that God will bestow one on that sweet baby. May God put him in the hands of the best Doctors and nurses to care for him, to heal him, and to bring him home.

Lyn... Have fun exploring your new computer. Mine is a Microsoft Surface and it's really not much bigger than an IPad. I did have to buy a little apparatus so that I could plug in more than one thing at a time, since there is only one USB port. I prefer a regular mouse to the mouse pad, so I keep a wireless mouse connected, and of course the printer. I really should do something with my old one, all it's really good for now is a boat anchor! :lol:

Chriss... I'm sure you will be along sometime, as it's still pretty early in California! Hope today is a good day for Jerry and that you will be able to spend some time in your happy place--the sewing room!

For now I need to get in gear. Have some little things to do this morning, then this afternoon I go to my regular DDS to have her finish up the work on the root canal. I hope it's an easy fast thing! I have a good start on the quilt for Kayla and would like to get some done on it today. I get emails from Pinterest once in a while and this morning I got one that had another cute pattern---one that I've actually kind of done before "delectable mountains" I think. anyway they turned the blocks so that they look like spinners or something.. Now I want to try that!!! Here's the link. I'm thinking this would be kind of cool for MacKenzie (the niece getting married) all in different shades of purple!

https://teresadownunder.com/2015/11/07/ ... ork-block/

Well, better get in gear... need more coffee!

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:15 am

Mary Q that is a cool block.

Lois

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:11 am

Dreary overcast day on the coast.

MaryZ, you are a speedy sewist. I don't know how you get so much done. I guess maybe Bill helps with some things. I don't have a helper. Thanks for the info on the Eagles, I will check it out when we get back to the house. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Susie, both ankles....Ouch. Will send prayers.

Valerie, Josiah is such a sweet faced little boy. I pray they get him moved and he gets the care needed to heal up. Will your DD come over? Isn't she taken care of another little one? Prayers for his recovery.

Lois, Your cats are adorable!!

Judi, Hope the sickies get better soon. Sounds like you are almost ready to travel.

Flo, Hope the chickens are on high ground. You can send the rain south, we need all we can get.

Jana, With your vac stories, I'm not sure I want to take mine out of the box!! :lol:

MaryQ, If KC's brother is older, is he in good health? Are you going to buy more totes for all that fabric? I was thinking about that and if you do, maybe leave the lids off for a while so fabric can air. Hope you got all the stink out. This Windows 11 is taking a bit to get used to. The mouse pad is just a square with no left/right buttons. Thankfully it's also a touch screen, so I'm managing.

Chriss, I know you will be along. Hope Jerry is feeling a little better today. Prayers continue.

The Best Buy delivery guy called at 8 and was here in 45 minutes. I'm so glad my friend and I had taken the old one off wall, checking it out. I had that knowledge to pass on to the guy. I had the DeWALT drill at the ready, in case I had to drill pilot holes for the screws that hold TV mount on the bottom. The guy and I both learned something. Sony and LG, and probably the others, put the mounting holes on the back in the same place. We took the mount off old and put on new one, hung it on the top lip and screw holes lined up perfect and TV is perfectly centered. The guy told Garry, he's got quite a woman, she was very helpful. :D Made my day.

Since Garry was up at 8, he's had breakfast and is already napping in his recliner. Just remembered I have to give him his pills. After I have breakfast, I'm going to tweak the new TV and get the apps on it. Then cut sashing and sew and watch a movie.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:02 am

Good morning. Sleeping here isn't normal by any means. Sleep in the chair, sleep in the bed with pillows, get up often or too early. sleep all day and not all night. And walking Jerry down the hall with him on his walker and me right behind to steady with Moose's help is like the three stooges.

Jerry fell 3 times yesterday. He tries to get up by himself. He also has no clue if it's day or night time. Right now he still has enough strength to help me help him get up but that won't last forever and I can't afford a long term care facility. I think it won't be long before he is just going to have to stay in his bed. We see the doctor today and I pray they put him on Hospice. I have a list of symptoms for when we go see the doctor.

Valerie, wonderful picture of Josiah. hope he gets to Oakland soon so you can go see him and add my gentle smooches to yours.

Lori, happy birthday to dad. There is a lot to consider as a person ages. what are you embroidering?

Lyn, from here that new lap top is working wonderfully.

Maryq, I did get into my sewing room yesterday, but not without fighting with my sewing machine. I tried each of the 4 out and decided to stick with my baby lock for a while. I'm frustrated with the rest of them. I did get one more lotto block done and will put three in the mail today.

Judi, sorry the kids have covid.

Maryz, I've already decided that I will keep whatever medical equipment I purchase. Sure wish I had the things I bought for grandma. ugh.

no more time. I need to clear a path so that I can get Jerry to the car and off to the doctor. I am so grateful he doesn't weigh more than he does, and that I am as able as I am. This really isn't fun or easy. On the upside I am below 180 and while I didn't want to lose weight this way I am thankful for the loss.

You all have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:36 am

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground in the morning, the devil says, "Oh crap, she's up."

Lyn, you are always on the go. You have inspired me to go get a new laptop. Thanks for the info from the BestBuy guy. That's where I'll go as well.

Maryq, that's a fun pattern. I saw the quilt you posted the link for made up at Road2CA. It was very pretty.

Jana, the only smart things I have in my house are the TV's. The AI stuff creeps me out. Sounds like Yoohoodi is slowing taking over. He's just showing you who's in charge of charging. lol

Judi, I have curly hair and always wanted straight hair. Isn't that the way it is? I can straighten my hair, but any moisture in the air makes it wavy and frizzy. I've tried many products and nothing works.

Maryz, that is a lot of rain. If we got that much rain it would shut down the state. Sorry about your friend. That sounds terrible.

Chriss, I hate that you have to go through this. Hope Jerry is comfortable whatever his prognosis.

Lois, your quilt is adorable.

I need to do a little house work today. I worked on cleaning up the sewing room yesterday, but go distracted and need to do some more in there. I did get 6 yard of fabric washed and ironed. I folded up some fabric to dye. I'm trying out different Shibori techniques. It's very fun.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”