Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MONDAY, Jan 22nd

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: MONDAY, Jan 22nd

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:34 pm

Well better late than never. Started some online classes this AM early (7am) for home health. These are lots longer than my Hospice ones. Almost 4 hours and only got 2 done. Then off to start sample block for Feb lotto while starting some stew for dinner. Just put the potatoes in so will go to grocery store when they are done and I can turn off the stove. Only need a few things.

No more word on Josiah. I will call if I don't hear anything by tomorrow. I think they sometimes forget I am down here all alone wondering what is happening.

Chriss I am leaving the vacuuming hoping DH does it. Having a lot of issues with my hips lately and vacuuming is one thing that sets them and my back off. But I will likely end up doing it. Hoping Jerry likes his new walker. I think the issue is he isn't wanting to give up his independence.

Sharon glad you are kicking a bit. You know, those chores can wait. Mine do all the time. I am good as long as the kitchen and bath are clean.

Jana I am with you! GO NINERS!

Maryq so sorry to hear about KC and her decline. I guess it happens to all of us sooner or later. Prayers for her to get the help she needs.

Flo oh how fun, 5 is such a cool age. No longer a toddler and well on her way to growing up.

Diane we are supposed to have rain again by Wed and heat up by the weekend. Just in time for the 49ers to win!

Maryz as much as I would love to make Cats in Pajamas I really have too much on the table as it is. I agree we are all different and then much the same too. I purposely waited for a good picture to post. For some medical pictures can be traumatic especially when it is children. His grandpa took it so it is someone he was familiar with. I am sure he is thoroughly confused. I am hopeful though that as he is still quite young, as he grows up he will forget all about it.

Judi so glad you got to spend time with Navy. It sounds like she is progressing right alone. And you know, some days I think it would be easier to crawl than to walk myself!

Well potatoes should be about done, I need to get dressed and head out the door. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Waiting for my final schedule for this week.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:41 pm

Just heard from my daughter, Josiah has what I think is probably a Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis. She couldn't remember what they said but something about Vein and Sinus. So I am guessing. They are going to transfer him to Oakland Children's sometime in the next 24 hours. He needs more care than they can provide.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:00 pm

Here the Josiah I remember. I have not seen him look this good in 3 months. His grandpa said "the little boy is trying to come back". Brought a tear to my eye.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:51 pm

Val, Hope they can help him improve. Such a cute picture.

Chriss, I keep my password in an encrypted file on the computer. That way I just have to remember the one password. That's a long drive to pick up meds and groceries.

Sharona, the chores will still be there when you get better. Rest is much more important when you're sick and healing.

Maryq, I sure hope KC goes and lives with her family. That seems like it would be best at this point.
Hope you meeting was uneventful.

Jana, everything has to be downloaded onto the computers now. It's such a pain. My laptop is 6 years old and still has a disk drive. You can get an external disk drive if you really want one. I don't use the laptop much, I like the tower on the desk.

Maryz, you'll have both those quilts finished by the end of the week. lol

Today was dad's birthday. He's 91. I made him tortellini soup and took him a small cake. He was very happy. He didn't even know it was his birthday until I told him. I went to the mall and got him a couple t-shirts he likes from Tommy Bahama's.

I got a few small embroidery patterns traced this morning. Might work on those in a bit.

Have a wonderful evening.

Lori 8-)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:15 pm

Good evening from my new laptop.
What better way to see if it works, than to post here. The keys seem bigger than my old laptop, but can't compare because I took it into Best Buy this morning. The geeks will clean out the nastys. I took this out of the box when I got back.

Jana and anyone else looking for new laptop. The guy that helped me with this told me HP and others think people want thinner laptops, so they have removed CD drive. It's probably also that everyone can load right off websites. This laptop has a spot for plugging in a SD card, 3 of the USB ports that are now considered old style, 1 HDMI port and 2 ports that are like my phone charger; one is used to plug to electricity.

After 10 p.m. I better head to bed, they're delivering the TV in the morning, between 7 and 11.

Prayers for your needs.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”