Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUNDAY, January 21st

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

SUNDAY, January 21st

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:38 am

Good morning,

This waking up at 0400 business has got to stop. It seems I just can't sleep past 4. It's going to be rough when I get back to Pacific time. 😴

CHRISS - My last thought before falling asleep last night was a prayer for you and for Jerry and even for Moose. Dogs know more than people give them credit for. And silly as it sounds,I think sometimes red can cost more than other colors because of the ingredients in the paint. Red requires a componant that is more expensive. At least that's what I read a few years ago.

JANA - that's a funny story about Yohoodie! He almost - but not quite - outsmarted you! A.I. at it's finest!

FLO - so nice to have a meal prepared and delivered to you! You and Joe deserved that for sure! What are the trimmings that go with fajitas? Maybe I'm missing out on something! What kind of crafts does your DIL do?

LOIS - You may have had a long wait, but at least your doctor got you in. I hope all is well with labs and check-ups.

JUDI - You got a lot accomplished in your sewing room the other day. So? Did you ever find your second 1/4" foot? I hope that ice rink was saved! Glad it wasn't Ken's.

LORI - I hope you're able to get your dad situated soon and in a good place.

MARY Q - That's a lot of fabric! And you're ironing it all too?? Do you get to keep the fabric you are washing or are you just helping your friend? I'd make CERTAIN all the smell is gone before you cut it up for pillowcases. Sometimes smells resurface after a short while.

LYN - congratulations on your new laptop! Do keep your old one after you have it cleaned up. They are great to use for extra files, pictures, security systems, sewing/embroidery patterns, or simply a back=up. When you are at your house, have you ever gone to the place along the Llano River to watch the bald eagles? They are on Highway 29 between Burnet and Llano. There is a nest there.

VALERIE - I'm so glad the quilt arrived and that it's the right color! May it bring you comfort as you snuggle under it and recall good memories of your sweet dad. God bless!

Yesterday we drove to Johnson City and a little beyond to visit our dear friend, Bob, who is staying in an RV park there. We went to lunch at a small brewery/burger place. After that we hit the Black Spur Emporium (How Texan does that sound?) where we bought a few gifts to take home. It was a 140 mile RT drive through mostly pretty country. So nice to see Bob, but kind of sad to see him without his beloved Betsy but he looks like he's doing well and has plans to hit the road again soon, going to Corpus Christie. Today we are doing two loads of wash - sheets & towels, and a few clothes. It looks like we're in for some serious rain starting tonite and it will be nice to have everything caught up. After that I'm going to settle in with my cats/pj's and get to work. My first cat is almost done and he's looking good! They go faster than I thought they would. But there is so much opportunity for mistakes in this pattern. I've got four different colors of cats so I need to keep all their parts and pieces straight. Also, 12 different pj fabrics to not mess up. Then half the cats are facing right and half are facing left. A lot of possible of mistakes just waiting to happen! And I'm sure I'll be doing some frogging. But still, such a fun pattern to do.

Thank you all for your sweet words on our little Amara. And for allowing me to gush about her so much, but I can't help it. She was such a long time getting here, and then a miracle at that, but she was so worth the wait! I can't wait for Other Gramma to go home so we can have her back again! And sorry for the double post. But that's what happens, I guess, when I put the picture into an existing post.

Have a beautiful Sunday!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Re: SUNDAY, January 21st

Post by auntjana » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:04 am

Good morning!

It was almost no joy in Mudville last night here. But my 49ers pulled out a victory and move on to the NFC championship game next week. Whew! It was torture watching the game last night!

Today is church and home then to sew. Michael is starting some research into a laptop for me. This will take awhile, since picky doesn't come fast! Michael is very particular on exactly what pieces parts are in and on a computer.

Never made it out shopping yesterday. So tomorrow we'll look for mattresses. There's a break in our weather, yippee and just some rain will come. Chriss and Valerie are generously sharing with us here. Thanks y'all!

Maryz - our Miss Boots is so adorable! Even though the wait was long she's making up for that!

Well, it's still dark outside, but almost temps where we use to live , so that's warm!

Hugs, and many prayers,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:55 am

Good Morning I was up but not out...Warm bed just held on to me till almost 730...I had a restless night and stupid dreams...
Did a bit of sewing last night and the geese re almost in motion. I will try to get the top done before I go...
Today is my oldest son Kenny's birthday he is 57. I was 20 when he was born...We will head over to his house for dinner of pizza and salad and watch the football game...Lions play the Bucs....a billboard on our highway says "The Buc Stops Here" lets hope it does...the City of Detroit is electric with team spirit...everything that can be is now Honolulu Blue. ( our color). Navy will be there to day so we will get a baby fix too.
Mary I miss having babies and love hearing about Amaras adventures,,,Our baby is 13 now and great gran babies dont get to spent as much time with us...They have so many grands and great grand parents. 3 sets on their Dads side and 4 sets on their Moms side. The rule is that you only need so much sleep...if you go to bed early you will wake up early..If I go to bed too early I would be up at 4 too...So I read in bed for a while to keep that from happening,
Jana I dont have enough carpeting for a romba but I always wondered about the corners,,and under things,,,I hate vacuuming. We have carpet upstairs to keep the noise down. I want to get rid of it too..(old)
Well I think Ken is finally moving,,,He is working on his class he is teaching and he was up quite late with it.. We have beautiful sunshine but only 10 here..hope you have a blessed day,,,prayer for jerry nd Chris and anyone else who needs it...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:51 am

Much needed rain is coming down.

MaryZ, I hardly ever use the road from Llano to Burnet and if I do, I turn off for Kingsland from Llano. Where's the eagles nest? I would like to check it out. With friends coming, that could be something we could do. If you were all the way to Llano, I hope you stopped at the quilt shop, it's a nice one. When I go to Llano, I take Hwy 71, it's a couple miles shorter.

Valerie, enjoy your quilt and know it holds love from everyone here. How's Josiah?

I will be making a trip to Best Buy today, to buy a TV for the bedroom. It worked in Canada because I watched TV as I sewed. I needed to take it off the wall mount and my friend Carol said she'd help, but I had to wait for her to get back from her house. So yesterday I cleared my machine and other stuff out of the way. I wasn't sure how it was mounted, but there are 2 screws at the bottom. Carol held it, I unscrewed it. Turns out it sits on a lip on top. We lifted it off. It's plugged in behind the TV, poor idea there. I tried running the plug through cabinet wall and plugging in by DVD player....nothing happened. The Bose is plugged into the same outlet behind TV and it comes on. So I will go to Best Buy, buy one and have them deliver, set up and take old one. I'm paying for the Total Protection stuff, so I will use it. I'd wait until tomorrow when I drop off laptop, but they're having a sale that ends today.

Passwords...how many passwords do you have or maybe I should ask how many websites do you need passwords for? OMG, I have over 100 and it takes awhile to write them all down. I told my DD's I almost feel like I'm in trouble at school, remember when they made us write a sentence over and over. I will be seeing:
User:
Old Pswd:
New Pswd:
In my dreams for a long time.
DD2 wandered why I have so many until I gave her an example. Need separate passwords for both of our medical stuff. Have 5 or more insurances, several places I get our supplements and on and on.

Time for more coffee and a bite to eat, then head to Corpus. Hope everyone has a good day. Prayers for your needs.
Lyn

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:43 am

Good morning a blessed Sunday to you all. Here is a picture of my quilt

Image If you know the saying "Air Force Blue" it is a perfect example of that. I can see the page starting to turn on the grief and this will certainly happen. I also just happened upon an old boss I used to work for. The company was taken over by another company and eventually we all lost our jobs. That is how I came upon my current night shift job. We eventually lost track of each other but I have always wondered where he was. One of those people I would work for again in a heart beat but he is from Arizona so.......Well imagine my surprise when I checked the group chats on my weekend job and there was his name! He is now the ED at our Concord office! Not sure why but the world was all right for about 5 min. I felt such peace.

As for Josiah, I finally have a picture I feel comfortable posting. If you look close he has a little smile in this picture. I found out the surgery was to move the drain as the old one stopped working. The new one stopped working yesterday again so the neurosurgeon flushed it and it seemed to start working again. Their two main concerns right now is his brain is not expanding back to fill the space the blood was taking up and there is still bleeding. I am not sure why as I thought that was one of the reasons for the surgery. There has been some talk that if he doesn't improve soon (2 weeks today in ICU) they are considering sending him to Children's Hospital in Oakland. I think that would be best. Thank the good Lord though he is awake and his brain function is good.

I had my first Mystery Quilt class yesterday. Got 8 blocks done. Now to cut for the next class. They are once a month for four months. Today though I have charting and online classes to do, some lotto sewing and working on my quilt for the raffle in March. It was raining pretty good when I got home yesterday so all my stuff is still in the car and will need to get that in. Also in the planning stage of the next quilt for DH. He has a line up of them!

Oh Lyn wish you were closer, I need to do something with Dad's TV. It's a nice TV and I hate to just dump it but I have no where really to put it. I have all the rest of the stuff to go through too,

Judy I over slept too, I didn't get up till 7. I never do that.

Jana always happy to share!

Chriss yes Cremation is certainly less expensive than burial. But I am hoping you don't need it anytime soon! But cheers to you for wanting to be prepared. Had Dad not had plans in place for me, things would have been a whole lot harder. Ongoing prayers for you both.

For now, need more coffee and breakfast so I can get my day going. I get a little panicky when I get up so late. Have a great day everyone!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:57 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Sunday! Tis a beautiful sunny day here, cold still, but warming up.

Maryz... Seriously... 0400 is WAY early to be UP... No luck trying to go back to sleep? I'm up several times in the night, but don't seem to have too much trouble getting back to sleep. Does Bill wake up that early too? The larger pieces of fabric... say over 2 yards or so I haven't been ironing, just smoothing out, measuring, folding in a cool way Kris showed me, and marking. The small pieces like FQ's and around 1yd or so I have ironed. Katie and I were sorting in her garage, she gave me a lot of large pieces for quilt backs and pieces she knew she wouldn't be likely to use--so I have about 82 yards of my own. When I make pillow cases, I always wash them again when they are done. For now there are just piles of fabric on my dining room table. Some day this week I'll find a home for it out in the garage--where maybe the cold temps will help with the smell. The Oxyclean has really worked well.

Jana.... I know so little about football.. Does that mean that San Fransisco will go to the super Bowl or are there more playoff games? My BFF is a HUGE KC Chiefs fan and I think she she they are out now.

Judi... Happy Birthday to Kenny! You were just a baby when he was born!! I don't usually feel old myself, until I realize how old my kids are! (48, 45 and 43) and now my Grandson will be going off to COLLEGE!!! AACCKK.. I feel more gray hairs popping in!!

Lyn.... Passwords? oh my gosh..they drive me crazy... trying to think of something that nobody else in a million years would guess... Like never use your kids birth dates, your own birthdate, your Mother's maiden name etc. I look around the house or out the window and the first thing I see becomes a password---for example.. if I see a robin out the window.. it's now a password. I do have a little book I keep hidden in my desk. And my DS Kevin knows where it is in case of emergency!

Valerie... Oh thank you for sharing the picture of Josiah. What a sweet baby! I will keep him in my prayers today, as you know God has a special place in His heart for children! It might be kind of a pain, but if you check out buynothingproject.org You might be able to find a group in your zip code (that's how they determine a close group) and post your Dad's TV there. I love the Buy Nothing Project, as I'm a firmer believer of keeping things out of the landfills as much as possible. Our local group is wonderful and I've been able to find a couple things that I needed-- like an ironing board when mine broke!

Chriss... Though it's a sad thing to think of... you are wise to check out options. My folks were both cremated, and my Dad had built two beautiful black walnut wood boxes, and had engraved brass tags made for them. He figured it saved land to bury a small box as opposed to a full casket. For my Mom.. she was just happy that it was "cheaper" .. She was pretty tight all her life! :D I told my kids to cremate me too, just don't blow my ashes to the wind. My folks are at Fort Snelling near the Minneapolis airport, and there's a special section there for cremains. Regardless... you know that prayers for Jerry continue and that we all have faith and hope that miracles are possible.

I decided to be a little bit lazy today... I do need groceries, so I just ordered them all on line. Normally I like to pick out my own stuff, but I'm just not feeling it today and going IN the store would involve taking a shower, fixing hair and putting on a face. So I did an order for pick up--this way I can stay in my sweat pants, throw on my warm winter coat and hat and just drive into the pick up lane! I didn't need all that much... but I probably saved myself a few bucks by NOT going in and being distracted by things not on the list! :lol:

Other than I quick run to pick up, nothing big on the TO DO list. I was all set to make my nieces Kayla her "replacement" quilt in purples---good thing I talked to my SisIL... Kaylas house is most grays and neutrals, so luckily I found a jelly roll in my stash perfect for her! Might work on that today! Will leave the purple for another day!

Time to crank up the music and have some more coffee..
Wishing you all a wonderful day

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:42 am

On my way to Corpus I called Kathy. She says hello to everyone. She's having the winter blues. Still getting use to the new computer. Has a big pile of papers on her sewing table that she needs to go through and we all know we hate that task. She was Skyping with Kim, so I said a hello to her, too. Time to walk in and spend $$$.
Lyn

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:52 am

Hello Kathy!

Maryq had to wait for a picture that would not be upsetting.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:52 am

Good morning. Happy Sunday. As I sit here and look out the window, I notice two doves flirting with each other while having their breakfast. I've seen a lot of birds lately.

I have a roast in the crock pot and soon Jerry says he wants to take a bath. Not really sure how he will get into or out of that tub but I can call for a lift assist if needed. Guess we will take it as it comes. My opinion is that he isn't doing well at all.

Have you heard of an online site called The Bible Project? it explains the bible, I love it and wanted to share.

Maryz, glad you got to spend the day with your friend and I bet he is also glad to have seen you. I admit, those Amara pictures, whether her or in a text, make me smile and I appreciate them. Didn't think about the cost of red paint. Jerry just said that about dogs this morning. Moose is very aware of Jerry's every move and watches him constantly, but mostly sticks with me.

Jana, we also watched parts of the game last night. Jerry mostly slept through it but tells my son that the reason the niners are winning is because he is watching. Curious to see which laptop Michael picks out. Enjoy the weather, it appears, from here, that I will be sending you some wind next.

Judi, I also have old crappy carpet. Someday it will be replaced, or not. My dad has linoleum throughout his house that looks like wood flooring. It's beautiful and can be dust mopped. It is my dream flooring.

Lyn, ugh, passwords. for medical we not only need separate passwords we need separate email addresses. Most of the sites I visit the password doesn't matter, but there are those that require me to remember them. And what happens is one site will tell you that a password change is needed so you change it. then have to remember that one. it's a tail chaser. Hope that new tv is perfect for you.

Valerie, glad your dad had his affairs in order so you had less to do. I am thankful I went through this with both of my grandparents so that I have a clue as to what to do. Josiah looks pretty good in that picture. I pray that he will heal completely. I know why you saw your old boss and were able to connect with him after all this time. It was a God moment. Since he is in concord is it possible that you may work for him again? Love that quilt, such a beautiful way to express our love and wishes of comfort for you. Everytime you see it you will be reminded that you are loved.

Maryq, while I did say "never" I just may order groceries online to be delivered if needed. I won't need anything for quite a while, I'm going to stay at home as much as possible. I love that you are going to make that fabric usable, you should write and tell oxy clean how wonderful their product is. I have an oxy clean gel stick thing that I put on any stains on my clothing as I throw them in the hamper. it works.

Hi Kathy, good to know you are still bee bopping about.

I talked Jerry out of taking a bath. told him if he wanted to get cleaned up that I would give him a sponge bath. I told him that if he couldn't get up out of the tub that I didn't know if I could lift him without calling for assistance. He decided, after being wobbly trying to stand, that maybe he would just go to bed. Wise decision.

I'm going to hit the shower, have breakfast and clean the kitchen. After that I will go play in my room, I have lotto blocks to finish.

You all have a marvelous day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:59 pm

Chriss they have chairs for the shower I have 1 from when I broke my ankle 10 years ago.

Lois

Return to “Sew ins”