Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wed, Jan 10

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Wed, Jan 10

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:26 am

Good morning

Today is my Autumn’s 47th birthday. We celebrated NYE but I will give her a call today

Yesterday, Bill and I ran some errands. I picked up the background for my cats in pajamas. I will be making the twin size version. We found diesel, dog and cat food, and then a Costco, because Bill needed shoes and if he bought more socks, we could hold off laundry for another week until we get back to Austin. Since we were halfway to Titusville, we continued on and stopped at American police hall of fame and law enforcement memorial. What a wonderful place this is! All kinds of displays, memorabilia, photos, interactive vignettes. But my focus was the curved memorial wall where my husband’s name is inscribed, along with 23,000 other names of men and women who have been killed in line of duty. 😢

We had lots of wind here all day yesterday and hard, hard rain & lightening starting at 8pm, but thankfully no hail or tornadoes.

Our host, Al & Tina’s friend, hasn't been feeling well. Other than eating together outside our first night here he has stayed away from us. Tina said he is that way with all company. But turns out he really is sick and has covid. So we are leaving this morning instead of Friday. We will backtrack our way back to Austin.

It will be good to have real internet again!

More later!

Mary z

fabricgirl

Re: Wed, Jan 10

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:09 am

Good morning,

Yesterday we didn't find a desk so the hunt is still on :lol: .
So that will be our Job for today I'm sure will find 1.

Also we have to go pickup our computer.
Mary you'll be much happier in Austin safe travels today.
We had a bad storm last night was that wind howling out there and the rain was really bad but its over.

Well there is nothing else new everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:55 am

Good morning Dark and around 35, we didnt get the "storms" they said we would and no snow at all...it is wet and windy though. traffic seems to be moving well in front of the house so I assume the roads are ok too. I will wait till full daylight to venture out to the store for a few things,,, my goal today is to do the 2 main bathrooms. they need a good cleaning,,,including floors...
Yesterday Ken came home to work in his office and I worked in mine,,,I sewed all day. Got a lot done on the Geese in Motion, There are 200 pieced sections and I have all of them done...now to put them together in bigger sections...then top #2 will be on its way,
Lois have you checked thrift stores and charity shops..I always see desks there,
Mary happy travels...sorry you will miss the doggie birthday party,,,,how long is your sister staying? will she be heading out too...Too bad they have Covid but it is every where,,,My grand daughter still has it has been a week,..she doesnt even feel sick but did test positive and is tired. We are pretty much considering it a part of life now...like the flu and colds...It took me a week when i had Covid but 2 weeks to get rid of a viral cold which I thought was much worse.
Well I need to get coffee to fuel this day,,,,hoping to get everything on my list done....have a wonderful day.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I hope Kathy, Sherry, Velda, and a few others who arent posting are doing well...,,,xxxooo

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:26 am

Good morning to all.
We had winds and heavy rain on and off yesterday. Other than some leaves and palm limbs we were okay. I saw the damage done in other areas, north of us was not lucky. Mother nature is really mad at us. Okay MaryQ what have you done now?? LOL

It seems to be that co-vid will be around forever. I hope everyone will be cautious.
It seems weird 2024--why do the years fly by so fast?

Have a safe and peaceful day
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:02 am

Good morning!

We had a fast moving storm blow through last night. Only dumped a small bit of snow. But today's will be worst! It's due to arrive just as I would be taking Ethan to orchestra. So we are on watch, as school there may be canceled. I do OK driving in a little bit of snow, but this is not that and if I can stay home, I'm good with that!

It's seems to be the same stuff, different day around here. Haven't met Molly yet. Sandee is now looking for a new job. Due to the work environment at the school, she left last week. The school is changing it's curriculum, not for the good. Ethan will be a middle schooler and he will change to the local middle school here, for the next school year, starting in September. And Karlie will change out as well, to the neighborhood school for her. Again in September. My best friend works at the new school where Karlie will go. A good thing! Special Ed teachers are in high demand, so Sandee will not have a hard time finding something new. She's taught for nearly 25 years

Stay safe, stay warm, safe travels,
Hugs and prayers,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:46 am

Morning
Very cold here, but colder weather on way. Today will go into city to buy special heater for chicken coop.
We got a light dusting of snow yesterday, but more with sub zero weather on way.
Flo

womster

Post by womster » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:50 am

Good morning!

Maryz – HB to Autumn! How nice that y’all were able to find a Costco. I’m really glad you got to see the memorial and to see your beloved husband’s name on the wall. Bittersweet, I’m sure. Yay for getting out of that place early.

Lois – glad to hear you’re ok! They showed the flooding in NJ – very scary. Good luck on the desk hunt.

Judi – that is so cool you got to sew all day. My DGD (the one who flew out to spend Christmas with us) also felt bad for maybe a day-and-a-half and then was right as rain. I agree – it is now a part of our lives. I almost spit out my coffee at the mention of the doggie BD party.

Diane – wow – glad y’all are ok as well.

Jana – I’m with you – snow in small amounts is not a problem. But throw in wind and a lot of snow – no thanks.

Flo - did your DH get the propane leak figured out? Gotta keep those chickens warm! My step-daughter lives in Alamosa - during the winter their average temps are -12. She also uses a chicken heater.

Valerie - prayers continue for y'all. Where abouts in Aurora?

Today is the start of our Bible study on Exodus. Before that, I need to run to Safeway to get some snackage. Should have picked it up at the Costcos, but my brain was not engaged. My new iPad is being delivered today. If DH had just a smidgen of patience, I could have picked it up yesterday when we were there. :roll: Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:55 am

Good morning Girls

Oh gosh,... Wednesday already!?

Maryz... SO glad to hear you are headed back to Austin!!! You will be so much happier to get back to that little girl---actually--both of your little girls!! Happy Birthday to Autumn! And I'm happy for you that you were able to get to the LE Museum. I imagine it was a very somber place, but even tho sad, you must be proud to see Michael's name.

Lois... Hope you guys can find the perfect desk!! Have you checked out Marketplace on Facebook? I've been looking there for an ironing station too, but most are either "sold" by the time I see there, or are too far away!

Judi... I had to google that Geese Pattern! Oh my gosh that's so cool! I might have to go through my jellyrolls and see what I can find to try it! Is there a tut on it? Or do you have the paper pattern? I think you're right, we will be dealing with Covid for a long long time, probably forever, but with vaccines we are at least able to slow it down and make it not so deadly as it was when it first appeared. Oh How I'd love to have my chemist Brother explain it to me all again! I too think of Kathy, and Sherry and Velda from time to time and hope they are ok!

Diane... I don't know, but I don't think I'm the one that made Mother Nature mad! :lol: :lol: She's been really nice to us. No storms up here, and Alexa says that so far in 2024, we've had 1.3" of snow. We had only dustings in December. I can still see grass on my lawn...

Jana... Yikes, you're getting snow again!? I'm not complaining about our lack of it. It's always a worry for me when we get a big storm as Shawn and Brennen both have to drive 28 miles to work and Kris works in St. Paul which is 40 miles away. And then of course there is Evie who has to drive to college and high school! I can do quite well without storms, so please keep yours.

Flo... Have you been able to figure out your gas leak yet? I heard you guys got a bit snow that direction--as least in Oak Grove, which isn't quite near you, but they got 5" I guess. I get a weather report from my BFF in Oak Grove.

Sharon... A new IPad? How fun. The kids got me one last year for Christmas and though I don't use it a lot... it's usually by my bed and I read books from the Libby app on it before I go to sleep.

Chriss... LOVE your ironing station! I did see a changing table on Facebook and I almost jumped at it, but see on the bottom of yours, where it's solid wood, I have to have that area open as it has to sit right over the heat vent. I'll text you a picture sometime. I have to have my ironing board at about 36" inches or so high, like a counter top. My counter in my sewing room where I can cut etc, is an old kitchen cabinet with a 6 foot piece of laminate counter top on top--- that piece came from my old kitchen when I redid the counter tops in 2020. I have 6' of counter top and right now about 1.5' in cleared space to work! :lol: :lol:

Time to get in gear. I'm picking up Peggy in a little while for a run to this really cool thrift shop she took me to before. Am taking a tape measure along to see what I can find that might work. After that I'm coming home to iron up the last of the pillow cases--total made 46 ( i think) . I'll make more later, but for now I'll get back to working on the UFOs'. Between Darn Peggy and Darn Katie showing me new ideas... I've been distracted from my goal of getting things DONE!! :lol: :lol:

Wishing you all , as always.... A Wonderful Wednesday

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:36 am

Top of the mornin' to everyone!

Valerie, hope and pray that Josiah is improving. Praying for your DD and you too.

MaryQ, I think 46 pillowcases is getting a LOT done! Have you looked for a kitchen island?

Chriss, Did ya get any laundry done? I didn't see ya, so I did 3 loads yesterday. I put a pork shoulder roast, on top of potatoes, in the crock pot yesterday. It was a new recipe and turned out yummy. Potatoes are a special occasion, cause we rarely have them.

MaryZ, I'm glad you got to see the memorial and museum. Super glad that you are heading back, safe travels. Since you're leaving there a couple days sooner, hope that means a couple extra days with Amara. HB to Autumn.

Yesterday was productive. Besides laundry, I sewed the flower blocks together and have 4 rows made. It looks like I will need 8 x 8 for this bed, with maybe a 4" or so border. I'm now thinking of backing it with flannel.

Today is beading. Some ladies are showing up at 10 instead of 11:30. I will get there somewhere in between. I have a Chiropractor appt at 3 and have mail to pick up, those are in opposite directions. Leftovers for dinner.

Prayers for all.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:58 am

Good morning. It's going to be a great day today. I don't need to go anywhere and have no dire obligations. You will know where to find me, very soon.

The sheets are in the dryer, the roast is in the crock pot, and my room is ready for a play date. I have two lotto blocks ready to be sewn together and one needing to be redone. After those are together, depending on the weather, I will get them in the mail.

We are supposed to start seeing rain this afternoon, I say bring it on. They will likely have snow in the mountains, but it's not supposed to get cold enough to snow here.

Maryz, I'm glad you are headed to Texas earlier than planned for so many reasons. Weather, and staying at a place that doesn't want Scottie off the leash, as if he would do something other than lay around, and my big fear, that Amara's lip prints need to be replaced. Happy birthday to Autumn and so glad you got to see the memorial. what a cool thing to get to do.

Lois, you'll find the perfect desk, probably at a garage sale or estate sale. happy new computer day.

Judi, I had Covid once too. I've also had my shots and boosters. Jerry had it a couple, maybe a few times. He pretty much stays home and I am out and about. I also don't use hand sanitizer or wash my hands often. Probably part of the reason I am very rarely sick. Hope those geese fly right for you today.

Diane, my uncle says "Mother Nature is an onery Heffer". I think he's right. Glad the storms didn't cause you any damage.

Jana, schools here are going a bit nutso on their ideas as well. I think, if I had kids today, they would attend a school with a church based curriculum. Not only the stupidity in the way the things are going but the bullying as well. Being a kid isn't easy in today's world for so many reasons.

Flo, if you could find a pattern you could make little fur coats for those chickens.

Sharon, our days will parallel (sort of) eachother. We are starting Genesis so are right on your heals. You're getting an Ipad delivered today, I'm getting an electric toothbrush delivered today. You forgot some things at Costco yesterday, I only got gas at Costco yesterday.

Maryq, enjoy your Darn sewing day. I love that you have a Darn Peggy and a Darn Katie, so wish I could go to that thrift store with you. That changing table iron station is only as tall as my sewing desk. And while it was wonderful it now pretty much houses my laptop for movie watching while I sew. The top is a piece of plywood with a layer of insulbrite in between two layers of batting topped with fabric used in recovering outdoor furniture. You'll find the perfect option I am sure.

Lyn, I have a load in the dryer now, and soon those sheets will be on the bed. Takes me a while to make the bed because I like those sheets just so. I have a beef roast in the crock pot, I cut up 3 carrots and one large baking potato. Jerry will eat the Potato but probably not all of it. I like making a roast because I can use the leftover meat for something. Maryz said something about philly cheesesteak, maybe I can do something long those lines. roast with grilled peppers and onions and maybe jack or mozzarella cheese, Jerry can have his on sourdough, mine will be naked, nothing covering it. ha ha. I have my autograph quilt backed in flannel, I love it. I also made Jerry a flannel quilt backed in flannel (fons and porter brick pattern) He uses it all the time. Hope that chiro appointment pops you back into shape, happy beading.

Got a text from Valerie, QIAD isn't cooperating with her. She has a text into her daughter and is waiting on an update for Josiah. She is working today so will check in when she can.

Just had to restart the dryer, flannel sheets take a long time to dry. Jerry is having his breakfast so I will have mine soon. That way I only have to clean the kitchen once. I hope you all have a groovy day
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”