Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, Jan 9

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Tuesday, Jan 9

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:02 pm

Josiah update: they are removing a few of the monitors and he has had a blood transfusion. He remains in stable condition
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Tuesday, Jan 9

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:23 pm

Good evening.

I got my grocery shopping done today and a few other things so didn't make it here.

Maryz, hope that weather didn't hit you. the news shows tornados in Florida. Philly cheesesteak sandwiches sounds good. I will put a roast in the crockpot tomorrow and maybe make a version of your sandwiches with the leftovers.

Lois, what fun. hope you found your desk. Exciting to get something new, it will have lots of technology in it.

Katy, I'm staying in tomorrow. We are supposed to start our rain storm tonight continuing into Wednesday. My hair really needs help when the humidity hits it. I look like a frizz head.

Judi, I forgot which quilt you are making but I am glad it makes you smile. I think Rykers game makes a great first outing of the year. How was the roast? Do you have a recipe? Mine is just seasonings and i the crock pot. Jerry and I watched a movie last night called The War With Grandpa. It was Robert DeNiro. I laughed most of the way through it. We don't do gory or violent either. As soon as we hear the F word a couple of times or anyone gets into bed we change the channel. But The War with Grandpa was really good.

Jana, when we were kids dad put in a swimming pool. Because he was a fireman he had access to fire hose, which is how we filled up the pool. My job was to sit on the hose and keep it from moving. Hoping Kate gets a good rest before her next adventure. How was meeting Molly?

Sharon, it's like we are twins. I rarely buy a lottery ticket but would also remodel if I won. And I agree, that the day is shot when you don't get home till the afternoon. Do you have heat?

Maryq, I turned this baby changing table into an ironing station. It has wheels which I love. Image I don't use it much anymore, wish you could just come get it. A cousin took a laminated counter top and put it across two 2 drawer file cabinets. Sadly neither of these is tall enough for me. The persimmon was surprisingly good. for some reason I thought it would be crunchy but it was fleshy like a peach but not as sweet. I'd definatley have another one. I also like things organized, Jerry? not so much. I have to say I can't wait to get into that garage and fix it.

Lyn, ha ha, I'm two days behind now. Tomorrow I will do the bedding and unlike MQ, I will make that bed right away. Jerry likes his naps. Are they naps if they last most all day?

Valerie, Hope you got your laundry done, if not we can always squeeze you in. So thankful Josiah is in stable condition, I'm still praying. Not sure about the fault. Jerry is always telling me about the ring of fire and the faults. I'm waiting for the "big one" that puts San Francisco in the ocean. If you do travel to Reno I pray you have a safe trip. Might be nice to get out of dodge. Would Amtrak be an option?

Tomorrow it will be a roast in the crock pot, wash the sheets, and playing in my room. See you in the morning,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”