Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday January 8th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday January 8th

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:41 am

Good morning,,,it is light and cloudy here I believe we are staying in the high 30s...Snow is all but gone again,
I have stripped the beds and started laundry, that will be my chore for the day...I took out goulash from the freezer and that will be supper.
I sewed a bit yesterday and got a few pieces done on the geese quilt...I sorted and cleaned the sewing closet and I have fabric to give to a charity group here that makes linus quilts,, I a;sp found backing fabric that Im not sure where it came from It is totally not my taste...I will donate that to the linus ladies too...
For now its coffee and get the bed resheeted...(Oh how i hate that job) Hope you all have a great day OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

WeeOne

Re: Monday January 8th

Post by WeeOne » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:29 am

Windy, warm and some rain today before more wind and colder temps tomorrow.

I will mail my lotto blocks, when I go pick up our mail. Probably do a load of laundry after someone else gets up. Have to order supplements, too. I cut sashing strips last night, so I will sew them on this afternoon.

Hope to see ya in the sewing spot.
Lyn

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:35 am

Morning
Waiting on propane truck. Joe has found no leaks so far. After delivery will check again...Joe has done research and problem may be outside regulator ...it may be too small with heater. So joe will check it after delivery and hardware store run can provide another on....keep your fingers crossed because it is really getting cold tonight!
Flo

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:42 am

Good morning Everyone

Here's a tip for you when you are typing a post.. DON'T hit the "Refresh button! Just did that while typing my post, accidentally, I assure you, but even Cntl Z won't bring it back. Fortunately I had only typed a little bit, so let's see if I can remember!

Judi.... It's change-the-sheets here today too! And re-making is most definitely a PITA! It's so much easier with two people... will Ken help? I sometimes wait until the last minute to re-make, just before I go to bed and I often will run them around again in the dryer just to warm them up. It's getting cold here now so I might have to add another quilt to the bed! Kind of wish I had an electric blanket!

Lyn... I'll take your "warm and windy" in exchange for "snow and cold"!! We're supposed to have snow starting at 9:30 today, but only getting 0.2" according to Alexa. I was thinking about mailing my lotto blocks this morning too, but will wait until I have some cash to send along--I NEVER have cash on me!!

Flo.. Oh my gosh, you've been without heat this whole time?? Is there Propane Company that could come out and take a look too?

I am debating this morning... Do I want to run up to Joann... I mean, it's shower day so I can go out in public today, it's not that far away, I have a gift card to spend :) But do I want to leave my sewing machine :lol: I do need to run to PO to mail a B'day card to Jen, and maybe run into the grocery store for a couple things I forgot. I'm still working on pillows cases and would like to finish up the last batch today. There's a couple special ones I would like to make, hence the trip to Joann. Ok you talked me into it!

Going to shower and get ready!! See y'all later

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:50 am

Good morning!

Another wonderful day with more snow! Love the snow, not the cold you have to have to get it. The city is very good at keeping the roads plowed., so I can get around.

Yesterday was busy in and out, with family. Today should be more a stay home day. I want to get the train track up and put away, run Yoohoodi, he's had a long enough vacation and get the Batt Cave back in working order. Yoohoodi - with the track in place, I use my old vacuum, to go around the track, as he would be boxed in and can't get over those pieces. He's fussy!

We got the family pictures back and they are wonderful. Now I need to print some and frame them and get a big frame for the gigantic print of the whole family. Sarah and I are re-doing the family gallery wall. It will take some time getting it done, so it all looks good.

Do fun stuff!
Hugs,
Jana

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:43 am

Good morning all
I am going to need a new car soon . My car is running but the frame is rusted . I dont know how safe this is to drive and how long I can drive it. Maybe the farm will sell quickly. O well.
I am going to sew today. Got one lotto block done going to make a couple more.
On the weather report Its cold and we are supposed to get fron 5 to 8 inches of snow starting tonight. Well that sewing room sounds like a good place to hide out. :lol: I have food and will not need to leave the property.
It is quiet and peaceful here. Thankgoodness. They cancelled tomorrows guild meeting due to weather.
Maryq Have fun at Joanns. Gift cards are always good.
Well I need more coffee and see what I can find for lunch.
You all have a great sewing day.
Katy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:06 am

Katy, Would leasing a car be a possibility? Sometimes that's an option if you don't put a huge amount of miles on a car, like I do.

MaryQ, I think the JoAnn's in Corpus is staying open. Last week when I stopped, it looked like they had repainted behind and around the name letters.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:50 am

Since we all seem to have extra prayers to spread around, please say one for Valerie's great grandson Josiah and his mom. Josiah is in the hospital and has a brain bleed and a sugar level of almost 300. Josiah's mom (Valerie's daughter) is, of course, very worried as is Valerie.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:06 am

Good morning. We are at 38 this morning with the promise of 45. I'm not convinced we will see 45 but my time will be mostly spent indoors where it is 68.

Last night was church, I was a little nervous about driving because Saturday night there was a little bit of snow. I am thankful that it had all melted and the roads were clear.

The lady I take to church does little things as payment for my picking her up each week. Last night she gave me a bag with a can of tuna, a can of chicken, two potatoes and two persimmons. I had never had persimmons before and ate one last night, it was so much better than I had anticipated. Her advice on how to eat them was to wash them and "eat them over the sink like a man" cracked me up.

Sharon, I am so glad you were able to slip and not fall. The older we get the further away the ground seems to be. Not to mention the difficulty in getting up.

Judi, our dinner will be plain old hamburgers. I'm thinking maybe I should make something with the hamburger like tamale pie or something. I try to make meals using as few dishes, pots, utensils as possible. I love things that can be mixed into a casserole and baked. I also love re-sheeting the bed. And when I do it, I don't want any help. I like my sheets how I like them. Boy, between yesterday's post about my putting eggs in the carton and today's sheet post I am pretty set in my ways. ha ha.

Lyn, I still need to finish up my lotto blocks, hoping today is that day. Lois usually is in the laundry room when I need to be in there, now it's you. I will do a load another day when the laundry room is empty.

Flo, pile on those quilts girl. Or, maybe the two of you just need to snuggle? hope it's an easy fix.

Maryq, your last paragraph reminded me of conversations with Marilyn when she was maybe 9 or 10. She would start yaking talking to me about whatever, then she would make her decision and tell me what her answer was and I would ask her if she really needed me for this conversation. She would laugh. Hope you find exactly what you are looking for at Joanns. For me the CtrlZ thing hasn't been successful. Sometimes hitting the back arrow works, but not very often. My lost posts result in a do over.

Jana, I would love to see that family portrait with each person's name listed so we can see who is who in the lineup of OUR family that I have grown to love over the years.

Katy, wonder if your car insurance will pay because of a rusty frame? Hope you find the replacement you are looking for. I get daily emails from CarMax telling me what they have available, nothing is cheap anymore, not even used vehicles.

Well girls, I need to do my usual get moving routine. I pray you all have a marvelous day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:14 pm

Good afternoon ladies. Had a difficult time sleeping last night. Finally fell asleep about 4AM. Up at 7:15 to prep for Attorney visit. In the midst of all that, I got a call from my daughter. As Chriss said Josiah collapsed into unconsciousness this morning. They found he had a high blood sugar (267). CT of brain showed an old bleed and a new one. He has had quite a history the last few months with repeated episodes of vomiting several times a day, generally lethargic. Does not play and you get the picture. He has had several (probably at least 8) trips to the ER over the last few months. Of course nobody could find anything wrong. They were blaming psychological issues. I may not have mentioned the kids are living with my Daughter who is their grandmother. The parents currently do not have custody. Long story but it is for the best for now. He is in surgery right now to evacuate the bleeds. I will update when I hear something. My car is not snow worthy or I would go up there.

The Attorney has given me a list of things to do so will get on that ASAP. LOL, He thinks I can do this 🤣.

Thanks for prayers. I am feeling a wee bit overwhelmed 😕.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”