Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, Jan 7

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Re: Sunday, Jan 7

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:59 am

Maryq, I hang my shirts by color and sleeve size.
It's easy to find what I want. Cole slaw dressing is easy to make.
Basically mayo, sugar, and vinegar. Hope you find a good one.
Lori 8-)

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:41 am

Afternoon,
Maryq &Judi, Joe also uses soap bubbles to find propane leaks, but with tank empty, doesn't work. Joe will pressure test lines in sections today and tomorrow with air pressure. That will narrow it down for him.
Maryq, I gave an electric skillet, Joe made breakfast in it today.
Flo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:13 am

Good morning. What a beautiful, crisp, morning it is today. It's 37 degrees outside this morning and we should see 45 by the end of the day. They had snow up in the mountains but I am pretty sure it will be melted off by the time I head to church tonight.

Maryz, Herons are taller than Amara, imagine had she gotten to see them. See, you should have listened to me and taken her with you. Glad you got to go fabric shopping, plug in that machine girl, sew like a wild woman. Curious to know how it goes at Squidlips, odd name, wonder how they came by it?

Lois, love the cat quilt. so very cute. Happy fabric day to you, cut out that background and have fun.

Diane, Hope you can Un smell that fabric. Smoke is such a penetrating odor, when I smoked, I never smelled it but now that I don't smoke it's just an awfully smelly stench. And it's worse when people try to cover it up with perfume. I've seen laundry soap advertised that has order removing stuff in it. I'd soak the fabric in a sink full of baking soda or vinegar. Hope you can make it smell better.

Flo, I imagine that most everything you cook is company worthy. Someday, maybe we can put that to the test, and I will be your company. I hope the propane issue is resolved and you get to stay warm in the process. If I had a toaster oven, I would never use my regular oven. I do use my convection oven often.

Judi, love that your sis is spending her money now rather than saving it for her heirs. that game sounds like lots of fun. I love a good sub sandwich, minus the bread, it sounds wonderful.

Jana, yes, certain things do go in certain spots, and they should be put back where they go. Drives me nuts when things aren't put back and lately nothing seems to get put back where it goes.

Maryq, yes, groceries are very expensive. I get so frustrated when Jerry asks me to buy something, and he doesn't eat it. I've learned to wait till he actually puts it on the list before buying anything. I don't hang my shirts by color, only sleeve length. But the eggs in the carton need to be in a pattern. You can't remove eggs willy nilly, no, they have to have some kind of order.

Lyn, it's like we are twins. Jerry is now using a cane. But instead of using it in unison with his leg he is taking a few steps and, in the process, moving the cane while he steps. So, if he were to stumble, he couldn't use the cane as intended. Thankfully we both get to have OUR time where we can go here or there alone or with friends and have a little time away from the insanity. Glad the phone is fixed and you got some lottery blocks done. It's going to be a great quilt. I might just put it on my todo list and make one for myself one day.

Lori, we share a coleslaw dressing recipe. I do it the same way. I make it in the bowl that I am going to add the shredded cabbage to and then mix it all up. Only use up one bowl that way. I'm brilliant. ha ha

I buy a 5-pound block of cheese and slice some of it and shred some of it. I put it in the freezer, and we take it out as needed. I need to cut up that block today. After that it will be shower time then sewing time. I never got into my room yesterday and nothing will deter me today.

You all have a blessed Sunday,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:31 am

And I’m back!

Several years ago, I was also given about a dozen boxes of fabric that had been stored for years and smelled musty. I washed them all with vinegar. And then hung everything on the clothesline, usually overnight. Might be hard to do in winter, but being outside it really does help.

This morning I had some spare time to myself so I made four lotto blocks. As usual I messed the first one up. This is why, when, starting a new project I always make just one block to start with.

And yes, someone asked – we will go back into quarantine again when we head back to Austin. Plus we are being careful while here in FL. The news says Covid and flu are really on the rise here and extremely contagious.

Now I am off to get ready to go to Squid Lips for linner. My sister assures me they have outdoor seating and burgers.

Later, Dudettes!

womster

Post by womster » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:21 pm

Hello my lovelies -

Long day - we are battening down the hatches waiting for another blizzard that’s supposed to come in at 5am. Almost done putting away the Christmas stuff. I think some of it hides until all the boxes are put away and then comes back out to taunt me.

I got the rulers for the lottos. I hope I’m able to get out to the sewing hole tomorrow. I was walking back to the house from there Saturday and ran into a piece of ice. The ring camera captured my attempt to not fall. I laughed so hard I cried!

See y’all in the morrow. xoxo

Return to “Sew ins”