Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday January 6,2024

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Saturday January 6,2024

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:00 am

Good morning,

We are at 23⁰ and it's suppose to get up to 36⁰ and rain by the afternoon and it's not suppose to stop till sometime tomorrow.
I went to hobby lobby for batting and backing fabric to the cats and pjs quilt this really is a cute quilt to make once it's done I will ask Mary Q very nicely to post a picture for me I bought multi color fabric for the back.

The tree is down all decorations are put away
And we cleaned so thats done.
Next month I will start room by room cleaning out stuff getting rid of what we don't use.

Well thats it for the news I hope everyone has a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Re: Saturday January 6,2024

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:26 am

Lois, we were typing at the same time, but you beat me to the finish line.😹. What is the fabric like that you got for the cats in PJs quilt? I have a medium green at home with white paw prints all over it that I will probably use for mine. And I am going to have some spare time when we get back to Austin. So I think I might get my pattern out and get started on it. My sister and I are going to a quilt shop today. I hope. Maybe I will find some good PJ fabrics. I have cat fabrics with me.

Mz

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:40 am

Mary on the pjs I used the dimples on them and I used solids for the cats they are coming out so cute this is for my DIL Melissa for her cousins baby shower gift I wanted to try this pattern for a while then a little later I will make 1 for Olivia for next Christmas.
Background is a pink solid.
Lois

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:03 am

Good Morning all
My brother got my car fixed. I really need a new car. My car is 20 years old. He told me it should be good to go for a while. So the prius which is a hybrid. Gas and electric I think. I will either have to buy or hope the farm sells. And I can get a new car. My daughter also wants to sell his lift chair,which is going to be a job getting out of house. The car is supposedly worth 8500. I am going in and check blue book myself. THe alice chalmers 1958 tracter is also for sale. I did get an appraisal for farm but wont be ready for a week or two.The appraisal cost $1000. which Jim has to pay half.
Thanks lyn But I am packing.
Yesterday I did some house chores then made a lotto block. I needed something to get me sewing again.
Things have calmed down. But she expects me to jump at every request. Not going to happen. The lotto block is easy if you follow directions.
Well not much going on around here Thank goodness.
Loiis Cant wait to see Kitty quilt. WE got a dusting of snow with more to come.
Maryz Great decision to go Babysit some more.
You all have a great sewing day
I have to go get Barney up.
Katy

womster

Post by womster » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:33 am

Good morning!

Lois – We are at 10, supposed to get up to maybe 20. I can’t wait to see the pics of the cats in pjs.

Maryz – have a great time at the quilt shop.

Katy – I hope things stay calm. Hugs to you.

We are headed out early to go to Parker (about 15 miles from here) for breakfast. Then I need to run to church office to see if I can get the name tags printed out. After that – hello sewing hole! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:47 am

Morning
Well yesterday was interesting...since we put new heat system in I kept telling DH that I smelled propane outside...he said don't worry....well yesterday heater was blowing only cold air, so he went to check things...propane tank at 500 gallons was down to 15%....too low to run heater. Propane truck will be here Monday. Until then using camping heaters,again with portable 5 gallon cans. Today he will check all the lines and find leak...AND ITS VERY COLD!
Worse part is my stove is propane and I had sourdough pizza dough prepped for supper....in fridge it went until next week.
Stay warm!
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:56 am

Good morning Late checking in here. We slept in and just stayed in the warm bed..We head to my sisters today later for the family get together, It is sort of our Christmas party. All the sisters and one brother and as much of their family as can make it. My sister who is a widow has a very big house. so it will be fun we do the plastic wrap balls and my sister who has the time and means spend weeks making the balls for the game she puts cash and lottery tickets and gift card in them. i usually do it but as big as the family gets i might step back this year and let the younguns play...Next year we are talking about a big white elephant exchange...My sister loved to have games.
I need to ge make us some breakfast/brunch as late as it is getting....Christmas is done here too and I just realized I forgot to change out the shower curtain,,,it was Christmas too..there is always a ghost of Chrostmas past. Spring cleaning is started but It is mainly dusting everything and running the vac everywhere,,I will do floors when I get back from Florida and can start the windows and open them..so it isnt like my house is ever done completely.
I have all the pieces cut for the geese quilt...those jelly roll whites are a pain..but I have enough to do the whole quilt...Its not hard to trim them down to 2 1/2 it just messy...little pieces every where,,,I can start assmebly soon.
Lois we will all be anxious to see your quilt...
Maryz Enjoy Florida and the trip back to austin.
Katy So you are really selling the farm??? Where will you go? Will you be happy away from there? Will Jim remain in the care facility? Prayers said so it all works out for you,,,
Everyone have a great day,,I sure will XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:04 am

Judi I will not be going anywhere. The house is mine and its not for sale. JUst the 73 acres of farm ground is. And I will only sell if I get what appraiser says it is worth and appraisal is high. Keep your fingers crossed. No matter what I have to have at least 1.5 acres on south side. So if I decide to put in solar panels that is where they have to go. Yes it seems he will have to remain a facility. It is sad to because last May he was fine.
So far it is calm.
Katy

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:34 am

Good morning Girls

Yeh for us.. we got a little more snow! Still no sunshine around here, but it sounds like we may see some tomorrow.

Lois....Always happy to post a picture for you! You don't even have to wait until you're all done with your cats... send me photo's along the way so we can see your progress!! Funny, I was just thinking the same thing the other.. cleaning out kitchen drawers for stuff I never use! And my desk drawers, which has stuff just stuffed in them! :lol: :lol:

Maryz... My goodness, your camping hosts DO NOT sound like nice people at all!!! Might you consider leaving FL early? Give Bill some good days of rest, see the things you want to see, then head west. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs (cats, not so much) but when people make "Children" out of their pets, to the point of having a birthday party with presents? That's a little over the top for me. Especially an ugly dog like a little thhhhhhhhht dog like that ! Now if you want to have a birthday party for Scotty on the other hand, count me in. :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope you find some good stuff at the quilt shop!

Katy..... Selling the farm must be a tough decision, but it would sure relieve a little pressure for you and give you some funds to work with. I'm guessing Jim owns 1/2 of it so, you'd have to split it. Many of the farms around me have sold to developers, so I wonder if that might be an option for a buyer... some developer that wants to build homes? Or are you too far out of town? It is kind of sad to see all the farm go here though. Even where my little townhouse sits used to be a farm and I remember driving by here all the time!

Sharon.... Every time you mention Parker, I think of my BFF and her folks. Her folks are gone now but their Equine Therapy ranch is still there. I can still picture it from the last time I was there. One of the best places to be is in the "sewing hole" OH no worries about the pillow cases!! I pinned 23 yesterday, so after grocery shopping today I'll start sewing them! I'll do a few here and there in between other projects. I happy to sew them if anybody has fabric they are getting rid of! I've gone through my stash and Katie next door is watching for pillow case fabric for me too.

Flo... OH my gosh.... so sorry to hear you are having trouble with your heat!! At the price of propane gas, I hope you find the leak right away and can get warmed up!! If it gets too bad can you go over to your DS's house for the night anyway?

Judi.... Oh no, spring cleaning??? :cry: The only NICE thing about that is "Spring"!!! I totally meant to wash my outside windows last fall and never got around it. I only have 10 windows so how hard can it be? :lol: :lol: I don't even have to get out a ladder or step stool!! Did you finish your Mountain quilt? I have all my blocks made, but have set it aside for other things and just found them the other day! ADD runs rampant here!

Chriss.... When you use BING rewards you don't have to use a separate CC do you? I think I'm going to go check it... even though I should stay away from ANY online shopping!! Amazon gets me every time, if I think of something I might want, that's where I go to look. With the Amazon CC I get points and it's just so easy to shop! Just click and go!! Then the CC bill comes and I start crying! :cry: :cry: :cry: Did you sew a little, clean a little, paperwork a little? HA HA HA, silly me.... I already am signed up for BING points!!! I didn't even know it!

Lyn..... You don't have your phone on WiFi all the time? Mine is.. I have an Iphone 11xr and it's about 6 or 7 years old maybe. I thought about upgrading when Tmobile was having a deal (I've had tmobile for about 25 years) but I'd have to change my plan to a more expensive plan. As long as I can facetime my kids on it, take a few pictures and text back and forth... that's all I need.

I really really really need to go get groceries, but I so badly don't want to leave the house. It's going to be warmer today than tomorrow, so I should go today. At the moment I'm seriously considering just doing an order on line and running over to Target for pick up!

Maybe if I take a shower and have some more coffee I'll feel like getting OUT!

Here I go..................

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:47 am

Good morning!

Burr cold here! More snow later tonight, so I have a brief window to go get milk. A necessity in this house!

Stu and Ethan took all the totes and stored them away last night. Ethan played with the train too. We found two hanging on'ers- ornaments - as we boxed up the tree. Today I may get to meet Molly. Before Sarah! :) There's a group of Ethan's friends coming over to play games with Ethan and so Stu may hide here and bring Molly. Too much or many 12 year olds! Stu may start on assembly of the trundle bed for me.

Today I'll drag down my Christmas presents, aka, toys and get them set up in the Batt Cave. Stu, my computer geek, noticed that my new Cricut machine may not play nicely with my computer downstairs. Operating system compatibility. Hope it plays nice!

We also are getting the office ready for the move from the bedroom. Michael is using his CAD program and arranging how the furniture will be placed. That's so much easier than moving all that big heavy stuff, twice or three times! Until you get it where you want. By the way, those sliders, that go under the feet or edges of furniture work fabulously!

Time to get going,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”