Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday January 3rd

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Wednesday January 3rd

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:01 am

Good morning peeps///It is dark and cold...we might have gotten a few minutes of sun yesterday, I have been busy putting away Christmas,,,I have the 2 main trees and some misc to do yet,,,
I didnt get to the quilt shop yesterday as the owner wasnt there all day and the parking lot was packed I heard so I might get down there today, it is 20 miles away,
Nothing else going on here,,,it is 4 weeks till we arrive in Florida..for a 3 week stay. so as soom as the chrsitmas is done I will be spring cleaning,,and getting out the summer clothes...Day 3 of the low carb diet and I dont fell so bad at all...right now I am shedding a lot of water,,so no accurate results yet,,,I will see if I can drop at least 10- lbs before we go....I have purged the house of most snacks...only a few downstairs for Ken as he is the house snacker,,,We have a Christmas Party to go to on saturday,,,so I will try to drink water and behave....I know that doesnt sound like much fun,,but I am motivated,,,My DD lost 40lbs and kept it off duting the holidays,,,I am taking cue from her,,,her MIL is also doing it so we are on a group journey..and between us we are adding up the lbs to see how much we will lose...collectively...DD is winning,,,i just started....
well hope you are all doing awesome today, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Wednesday January 3rd

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:13 am

Good morning,

We have to get ready for the scavenger hunt today I've made a list and I want to start eating better more salads instead of a sandwich but it's hard to do when it's cold :lol:

Judi I can't imagine doing spring cleaning in January.
I hope you find lots of treasures when you go to the quilt shop.

When we get back from the scavenger hunt I will sew .
Well thats all the news from here everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:44 am

Good morning from Baton Rouge, LA, where it is raining. Hard.

JUDI - Yay for the FL countdown! I sure wish our calendars were more in sync. But we didn't know we were going to FL when we left home. It was a sudden decision on our part when my sis asked us. A much more fun way to diet - with friends, goals, and adding up your collective weight loss. It almost makes a game of it! I hope, if the LQS parking lot was full yesterday, that they left some wonderful treasures for you today! The WOW was always the first to go in the sales at my favorite LQS, which is now also closed.

JANA - happy belated birthday to Ethan. Can't believe he's 12! I got to meet him when he was just a sweet little baby!

SHARONA - I hope your birthday was simply the best. Did you find a new i-pad? I hope your a-fib gives you a rest!

VALERIE - every day your to-do list boggles me. And here I sit, in my chair, in my trailer, in my robe, wondering how I can fit in a 5-min shower!

LOIS - I never think of salads for a lunch either. But it would probably be better than a sandwich and a handful of potato chips. When we're home I always do my spring cleaning in January. When I put all the Christmas stuff away. Since nowayears, I'm usually not home for Christmas, I do my home spring cleaning whenever the spirit moves me.

CHRISS - please don't tell Scottie about Moose's fancy new water bowl. He has to make do with an old dish I got at Goodwill 8 years ago. Poor Scottie.

LYN - so sorry that quilt shop burned. Fires are so traumatic! I feel for that shop owner. I hope she can rebuild. I don't think I'd want to travel an hour to a restaurant either! Storm or no storm.

MARY Q - Yes, my nephew was one of Gene's kids. He lived in Wasilla. Gene's lost three now. He still has four left. The family is rallying. If it looks like we're needed, my sis and I will fly up, but we think we'll be more useful to stay on track with our plans to travel up to AK this summer. It will give my brother something to look forward to. Sixteen pillow cases! Wow! What a woman! And I'm sorry you had to have a root canal, but at least it's over now. Any more dental woes on your horizon?

Thank you all for your prayers for my brother and family. I think he is doing as OK as anyone could. I will talk to him again today. Now that the initial shock of it all is abating a little, his family is gathering and he is starting to make plans for service, etc.

Make your day a good one.

mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:06 am

Good morning!

I too, am down to just the trees to undecorate. Today is my Daniel's BD. I think if my math is right, he's 43. We still have bd's coming up, Stu on the 11th and Emma on the 13th. Stu will be 27! Still haven't met the new girl. She's been at home, in New Orleans for Christmas. Stu is picking her up at the airport yesterday or today.

Not much new here. The proverbial they say, snow today and we're to get a whopping inch! But more is coming. I certainly hope so.

So I'll hopefully finish up my de-decorating.

Be safe,
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:26 am

Good morning Girls

Another day in the clouds!! And it's COLD, but I don't have to go anyplace today, so I'm just going to turn on all the lights in the house on and pretend I'm in Sunny Texas or Florida!

Judi... Good luck on your journey without carbs! :lol: :lol: I try to keep my daily carbs between 100-150 but I sure miss potato chips and rice and good old fashioned donuts. I gained a couple pounds back over the holidays--darn cranberry bread! Congratulations to Colleen!

Lois... Can I give you my list for the scavenger hunt? It's getting bare in my fridge! Last night I peanut butter toast and hot cocoa for supper!

Maryz... I agree, I think Gene will be so happy to see you this summer when you will be there and can stay a little while. With his kids close by he has support for these hardest days. Come summer, when things start to go back to normal for him... he will cherish your visit!

Jana.... As much as I hate snow.... we could use a little here, just because it would be so pretty and cover up the ugly brown dead grass!. But if you are going to send some, just send a little.

Chriss.. You ended up at the DDS yesterday too? I did end up having a root canal yesterday and tho it was not fun, it wasn't as bad as every one always told me. Lots of Novacain. Jaw is a little sore this morning but not bad. My Checkbook hurts more than my jaw! :lol: :lol:
How is Jerry now a week since his last treatment?

So yesterday morning before DDS, I'm trying to iron up the pillowcases, when BAM, the ironing board totally collapses to the floor. Luckily I had my iron in my hand so that didn't fall. But the board totally broke and is now a piece of "you know what" The ironing board is a permanent fixture in my kitchen and I'm lost with out it!! Luckily I found somebody in the buy nothing group (a fellow quilter no less) So this afternoon I'm going to pick a spare ironing board about 6 blocks from my house.. Eventually I'm going to try to come up with a plan for a little Ironing Station, since for the long term, the kitchen will be where I iron. I'd love a Husky thing from Home Depot, but that would a little too big and too much $$$.
I hope that is not an indication of how the rest of my year is going to go!

Time to get butt in gear, grab some more coffee and do some of the things I should have done yesterday! After the DDS I kind of crashed and didn't do a THING!

Wishing you all a Wonderful Wednesday.

womster

Post by womster » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:56 am

Good morning!

Judi – good for you – I wish you well on your weight loss journey. I hope you’re able to get to the quilt store before all the good stuff is gone.

Lois – hope your scavenger hunt is a successful one.

Maryz – Baton Rouge – was there once probably 48 years ago. It was also raining then. I did find and ipad, but will wait until they go on sale. And thank you – I got a very good night’s sleep last night. Poor Gene and family – my heart hurts for all of you. I love your plan of giving him something to look forward to.

Jana – I also hope to finish de-decrating today. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Maryq – what in the world is up with your ironing board? Sounds like it just gave up the ghost. I’m relieved to hear the root canal wasn’t as bad as they say they are, and sorry about your painful checkbook.

Thank you all SO much for the birthday wishes. It was a wonderful day. Lunch at Costco ($3.77) and then dinner out at a local Mexican restaurant. The prices have almost doubled since we were there a year ago. But the food was delicious so it was worth it. Yesterday, when we were taking the tree down in the basement, the dog decided to ‘help’ and started pulling off glass ornaments and crushing them in her mouth. Luckily she didn’t cut herself and DH was able to retrieve the shards before she ate any of them. What a dodo. Today my to-do list is almost the length of a sheet of paper so I’d best get busy. And oh yes forgot to mention - the only skylight left in our house is leaking. Blah... xoxo! Sharona

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:08 am

Cloudy and cool. The sun must be on holiday somewhere if the whole Midwest is under clouds from MN to TX.

Lunch yesterday was in the next town, 5 miles away. We've heard friends talk about the place, but hadn't been there. Food was good. Visiting with friends is always great.

Today is beading day at the clubhouse. I'm trying to make Cornflowers. As for my quilt, the blue for sashing isn't quite dark enough. I have to pick up the mail this afternoon and may stop at the LQS to see if they have what I need.

Prayers for your needs.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:32 am

Good morning. It's going to be a soggy but beautiful day today. I love when the sky is kind of grey, black, white and blue all at the same time. It's also chilly, sure wish that meant more rain and hinted at snow, but I am not sure we will get a real winter here.

Judi, that low carb will work for you, it has worked for me. While I ate what I wanted during the holidays I was also mindful of my weight. I have to lose about 8 pounds to get back where I was, but would really like to see 15 pounds melt away. You so can do it. Hope you find treasures at your quilt shop and there is a parking space near the door for you.

Lois, I eat a salad every day. It's filling and I don't think about food until dinner time. Hope you only need to scavenge once to get everything you need. Glad you are going to sew today, those cats said it's chilly without their jammies.

Maryz, I think a summer visit to your brother's house is a great idea. I'm bet he would appreciate it then rather than now where there are so many people visiting him. By summer the casseroles will be gone, and the company will have dwindled, sounds like perfect brother sister time. Moose didn't get his new bowl yet, maybe today, not sure if he mentioned it to Scottie or not, he can be bribed.

Jana, hope Stu's new gal is deserving of him. We watched Stu grow up and are quite protective of him as we are of all of our forum kids. Sounds like a month of birthday's at your table, hope each one is extra fun.

Maryq, sorry about the root canal, but glad it wasn't too bad. My ironing station is a long wool mat over the top of my cutting table. The wool mat is as long and half as wide asthe cutting table. Sometimes I have to scooch it over to use my cutting mat but it is fine. I also have a baby changing table that I turned into an ironing space, It is at the same height as my sewing table so I never have to move my lard butt out of my chair. And in the garage, ready for a thrift store is my actual ironing board, sure wish you were closer, I'd deliver it to you. I try to keep my carbs at 20 or less, it's not easy but cutting out the white food is a huge help.

Sharon, yum, Mexican food. Maybe I will go into town and pick up something to fix Mexican something here. My favorite is chili relleno's. I could make enchiladas and just have mine without the tortilla. Now see what you started!

Lyn, don't you just love when you go have a meal with friends and the hour you planned to spend ends up being longer and more enjoyable than you had planned? what fun! hope you find the perfect blue.

I've almost decided I need to go into town, get that new dog water bowl, something Mexican for dinner and pick up Jerry's prescription.

Hope you girls have a marvy day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”