Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday December 27th

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Wednesday December 27th

Post by auntjana » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:15 am

Chriss - that movie, 17 Miracles was about the Martin - Willey Handcart company coming here to Utah. One of the rescuers is a relative of Michael's. David Patton Kimball, and one of those that he saved, is the ancestor of my BFF in Concord. It's is a small world!

Each year, our teen youth have the opportunity to travel along that trail, in the summer, pulling a handcart and experiencing a bit of what those pioneers did to reach here. Those kids love that experience and it gives them a new perspective with their life.

Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Wednesday December 27th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:45 pm

Jana, I knew that the movie was about the expedition, but I couldn’t remember the name of the family. I’m wondering why they chose to use handcarts instead of oxen, or some other animal it really was a good movie. A very uplifting movie. Pretty cool that your family was part of all that. At first I thought the movie was going to be about the Donner party was really glad it wasn’t just goes to show you what a little prayer can do.

Jerry is in there having his chemo now. The doctor said that since he’s doing so well we won’t get a scan until March. The doctor will give him I think three more chemo treatments, then remove one of the drugs, then give him some more chemo treatments. I don’t remember exactly what the doctor said but after the next set of chemo treatments, he should be good and the scan should prove it. Thank you for your prayers you don’t know how much they mean to me and to Jerry. Thank you. God bless you.

Chris
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”