Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday December 21,2023

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Thursday December 21,2023

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:05 am

Good morning the year is winding down...and its almost Christmas.
Hope you are all ready and waiting.
I still have a head cold...I dont feel bad just snotty...and a cough. I looked it up (Dr.Google) and i have the symptoms of every disease making its way around the internet. So i figure I am good...I cant have all of them and i feel good. I was up at 430 wide wake and it was too early to do anything so I googles my symptoms and according to the news I should have died a year ago,,,I am kidding of course..
I will go to the grocery store early this morning (thy open at 6) get the last minute things (snacks soda and beer) It seems some of my kids want to come early sunday and watch the Lions game..(Its a big deal here as they are doing well) so I need tv snacks as we wont eat supper til around 5, game starts at 1.
I did work on the quilt a little but took a nap before supper (prbably why i was up at 430) and never got back to sewing,,,so if I have time I am still working on the pieced borders...
That is my day...hope your is going well...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

suzette58

Re: Thursday December 21,2023

Post by suzette58 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:30 am

Good morning everyone.
We finished our Christmas shopping yesterday. We got gift cards. They are wonderful. They family members buy what they want. I am hoping today to get some sewing done. I have gotten 2 blocks done but that is it. My Fibro has been acting up. But, I have re-discovered my compression gloves and sleeves. They work wonders. At least for now. Well, I am going to get another cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:35 am

Good morning,

I have been up since 3:30 I dont know why but I got all the cookies that my son will pick up to go with him I also put cookies in bags for the freezer .

Today we are cleaning the house and that will be good.

Our visit was really nice and will make plans and go visit them again after the holidays they have a new coffee shop so yes will go.

Well this is my day I hope you have a good 1.
Judi i hope your head cold goes away I've seen vapor fizzies to put in the bottom of the shower helps to clear congestion.

Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:43 am

Good morning,

Today, we are off babysitting duty. I'll miss our little Ms. Boots but these old grandparents need a break. :lol: We will see them this evening, though. There is an beautiful outdoor light display at Ladybird Wildflower Preserve and as a gift to us, the kids bought tickets and are going to pick us up at our trailer and cheauffer us. Tomorrow, we'll be back on dooty. :D

CHRISS - Did you ever get your rain? And I do open junk mail, only to rip off my address if they have it any place inside before I toss it into the recycle bin. I'm sorry your group is disintegrating. You may have to induct a few new members into your group. And yes, Amara seems pretty happy to see us walk in the door every morning. Big smiles and open arms always greet us. You called it - we are her big playmates! Autumn called us her people. :lol: What is Marilyn doing for Christmas? I sure hope Jerry is up to dinner with your folks. Your folks could come and Jerry could always have the option of going off for a rest if he needs to. And you will still get to spend time with the P's. I like to make lists, too, because it keeps me organized, on task, and gives me great satisfaction when I cross things off. This can be quilting projects, packing lists, chores menus, etc. I just love lists. And yes, I confess, I'm one of those people who write things on the list that I've already done just so I can cross them off.

SHARONA - I'm sorry, but I'm laughing! Your brunch guest list just keeps growing and growing. I hope everyone is bringing something to contribute! Every few years, I love a huge family gathering. But at times like this, crockpots, big ovens, and premade dishes are your friends! Sweet about the future groom asking for his bride's hand. I have to say, Autumn's ex did that, too. He brought me a huge bouquet of yellow roses to ask for her hand. He did it very prettily and purrfectly. I still wanted to say NO! But I didn't.

DIANE - sorry you lost your post. It happened to me yesterday, too. Usually when that happens I hit ctrl z and it comes back, but yesterday that didn't work. So I had to retype a condensed version.

LOIS - I sure wish I could meet you at the chiropractor. I'm really missing mine! I often wake up at 3:30 to 0400. Just can't go back to sleep. But I go to bed very early, too.

JUDI - I'm so sorry to hear about Joanne and Earl the Pearl. I've exchanged Christmas cards with her for many years. I rememeber that they were always very active in the Pioneer Days in their town, dressing in period costumes and reenacting daily pioneer life. Her hands got so arthritic that she finally had to give up quilting. Thank you for letting us know. 😿 We used to party on NYE, too, but not any more. At home, people shoot off fireworks and shotguns and it just scares our fur-people.

JANA - yay!! Your machine is home!! I was afraid she might be a goner! Now it's back to doll clothes! Your fancy supper sounds very Traditionally Christmasy!

FLO - at our house, we do the dog-laundering before the floor-washing. If we don't, we just have to do the floors again. Scottie is a long-haired sheltie and it takes him all day to dry and he is all over the house.

MARY Q - Scraps! The bane of us all! But they do have their uses! Mine are in a 4-drawer iris cart with white/creams on top. Then lights, meds, darks. Because everyone says, "Cut them into squares and strips" I finally did that last year so those are now in a small tote in the closet but I never find a good use for them. Anything 1/8~ish yd or bigger gets folded on top of my stash stacks. And my stash is sorted by main colors - reds, greens, blues, etc. I also have separate stacks for stripes, florals, 30's, Civil War, cat, Americana, Evergreens, batiks, novelties, and landscapes. And you didn't ask me, but I'll tell you anyway - my chiro and massage therapist keep me going.

SUZETTE - I havent' heard about compression sleeves, but I do have compression fingerless gloves to wear for handwork. Glad they are helping you.

We had such a good day with Kumquat yesterday. She was happy all day long, took two naps, which is when Pop and I also tend to nod off. And all three of us are sleeping well at night! lol! We only have tomorrow and then next Wed/Thur/Fri next week to babysit. Then the party will be over. :cry: In sewing news, I finished my piggies and got a good start on my four sheep. Two are almost done, with two more to go. Then I can say, "I did it!" Mission accomplished!

Today is the shortest day of the year. Tomorrow we'll earn another minute of daylight! Yay! The big turnaround! Can spring be far away??

mary z'
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:07 am

Good morning!

You mean it's not spring now? Our temps are all scrooge-ey-wize here. It was quite warm and you didn't even need a sweater! Ah, that will change this weekend, and we may even get some of that white stuff too.

More doll today. I'm ready with everything else. We had to go to two different stores for the gift cards we needed. Hit the first store with their maximum daily amount and that made us 2 cards short. So went to the second and finished there. Now on to wrapping. The one thing I put off.

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:03 am

Good Morning Girls

Ok, it was my turn... my whole post went poof... no luck with ctrl-z

Now I can't remember what I had even typed and my "play time " is over.

I have a zillion errands to run today.. a little last minute gift shopping and then to the grocery store for Christmas Day dinner. I had a gift card on my dining room table for DDIL Kris, but now I can't find it and it's driving me nuts.. in the meantime I'll go grab another one and if I ever find the 1st one... yeah me! Do you ever work so hard to clean things up and find you've made a bigger mess? I tried to clean up some "issues" in the sewing room yesterday afternoon, and ended up making a bigger mess. I'm trying to get everything set up so that after Christmas I can just sit and sew and the projects all ready to go! I even found a box with blocks that Jen started waaaaayyyyy back!!! I'm not sure I even want to finish them (I think they are kind of ugly) so they might go in a box for Goodwill!

Tomorrow, I have to run to Peggy's in the morning----we finally are getting a check in the mail today for our earning from the craft fair--the check is made out to me, so I'll cash and bring her her share. Then it's back home to sew!!!

For now I better run, the sooner I get these errands done the better!!!

Wishing you all great day

Oh, PS. . If you could please, say a little prayer for my niece Meaghan... She was 11-12 weeks pregnant and discovered yesterday that there is no heart beat. So she will have to undergo a procedure tomorrow, likely a D & C. My poor girl, thought she would never be able to get pregnant and was pretty thrilled--she will be 38 in February. As you can guess, she is pretty heartbroken.

womster

Post by womster » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:55 am

Ack!!!!!! Their plane is arriving an hour early! Although at DIA, we don’t see how they can get a gate. But we don’t want them waiting so off we go. I’ll come back later to catch up. XOXO!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:26 am

Good morning. It's going to be a wonderful day today. It appears our rain has decided to hold off until Wednesday. Dang it, I wanted lots of rain.

The debate goes on in my head. Should I head into town to finish up my grocery shopping today or wait until tomorrow? Jerry also gets his blood work tomorrow for his chemo on Wednesday. I will likely go today.

Yesterday afternoon was spent sewing together 5 inch charms in rows of three. I will magically turn them into 9 patches so I can make a tossed 9 patch quilt. It will just be a mismatched bunch of color. When I think of the tossed 9 patch I think of the one Lois made that was three colors, it was stunning.

Judi, sorry you are full of snot, funny how google md is just full of so much one size fits all information. Yesterday on tv there was an ad for a drug for menopause and the side effects were irritability, restless sleep and night sweats. Maybe I will see you at the grocery store today?

Suzette, so glad the compression stuff is working for you, bet it's a huge blessing.

Lois, I'm holding off on the cleaning. I hope you get yours done and maybe even a nap today.

Maryz, once you finish the sheep you have all the parts to make the farm quilt? Just think, if you stay there an extra week you could get that top made. Isn't this the best worn out you've ever been. I did get my rain, it was a wonderful sew day, put some ham and scalloped potatoes in the convection oven for dinner so didn't have to fuss with chopping or stirring. It was all about me and Jerry napped the entire time. It's like we're twins, I also add things to my to-do list that I have already done so I can cross them off. Silly.

Jana, I didn't know there was a limit to the amount of gift cards you could purchase. Glad you got it all done. I do give Marilyn money (this year it was a microwave) for Christmas, Richard and Gloria never want anything. I send all three different things that I find throughout the year. We just don't do a big gift exchange like we did when the kids were small, I miss the squeal of little kids at Christmas.

MaryQ, prayers said for Meghan, I'm so so sorry for her loss, If you have the chance to give her a hug please add a squeeze for me. Hope that check you receive ends in lots of zeroes. I also hope you find that gift card, do you have your receipt? I also have some messes if you'd like to head this way

Sharona, oh crap!! Nothing like hurry up and go. Life is a comedy. Three Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, George and Gracie, Lucy and Ethel, and Sharona and Jim. I hope you take pleasure in the comedy this weekend and through Christmas.

Ok, guess it's breakfast time. I have some bacon ready to cook, tonights dinner will be bacon cheeseburgers, Jerry will have fries I won't. After Christmas I need to get back on track with my low carb way of eating.

Still haven't decided if I am shopping today or tomorrow. Hope you girls have a fantastic day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”