Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday December 18, 2023

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Monday December 18, 2023

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:24 am

Good morning. We have rain, not a lot of rain but rain. I'd love to see some puddles but so far I only see wet. Perhaps it will be a rain that lasts all week. Fingers crossed.

I'm considering going to some thrift stores today. I have a return for Amazon and one for FedEx, I don't care for FedEx. I have to go to two places to make these returns they are thankfully across the street from each other.

Lois, what a sweetheart Bill is to do the laundry while you slaved away in the kitchen. Guess he will work for cookies. You were a busy girl and that husband of yours deserves a big smooch.

Maryz, that was a smile maker when I read that you will stay one more week. woohoo. Love the storybook idea for Amara, brilliant. I love when kids are in the pre-walking stage and do the little stand sort of but not quite squat thing. Their bare feet and diaper puffy butt make it all the cuter. And they give you that little smile when they catch you watching them. Gosh darn I wish I was there for that. I say nix Florida and stay right where you are till after New Years. And if Amara spends the night with you A&A could have a hot NYE date, perhaps resulting in another grandkid, hey, miracles happen. Now that would be a great gift from you to them and from them to you perhaps. Thank you for the picture of your little gumdrop.

Suzette, I googled the Moda love quilt, Love it. what colors will you pick? It will be a great sized and beautiful quilt.

Jana, your decorations are beautiful. Love the train on your mantle. really a festive house you have.

Flo, I'm thinking tractor supply too, only for a coat and not chicken feed. Do I really want to go shopping, yeah, sort of. Glad the BD party was a hit and DGD had fun. She sure thinks you hung the moon, doesn't she?

Sharona, stuffed to the gills is something my grandpa would say after a big meal. What a smile making memory you brought back to me. Bet you can't wait to get your lip prints on those grandkids. I would really love to start purging stuff here, but how would it look if I started chucking things, so I will wait.

Judi, I don't remember peanut allergies being a thing when I was growing up. Seems that it has been predominate in the last generation or two. Wonder what changed? Michigan to Arizona is a long trip. My phone has a "find my friend" feature and I can find my dad, stepmom and son any time I want, they can also find me. Hope the friend and her daughter take advantage of something like that. I would be nervous about making that trip alone too.

Maryq, You are probably the bright spot in KC's life. You are also wise to limit your interaction so that you are able to also do your own stuff too. Put your oxygen mask on first and a very wise and wonderful person told me. Happy scrap sorting, I would imagine that could easily be a full time job.

Valerie, my dear friend, I pray that today reminds you of the wonderful life you had with your dad and that those special dad/daughter moments bring you comfort throughout the day.

Well, if I don't get off my lard butt I can't start my day. Teh wind has picked up outside and the leaves are falling like rain, I love this weather.

You all have a wonderful day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:40 am

Chriss - I am not sure what I will use. I have several layer cakes I can choose from. We will see.
Suzette

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:07 pm

Ok - some of you asked for more pictures of my house, all decorated. You must be gluttons for punishment, but I did put up some more. You can see most of the rest in the house.

thanks,

Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:47 pm

Dad is properly buried. Everything went well. A few non family members and a retired priest were there. The priest was the one who gave my mom last rites. I might watch the video tomorrow. Now just dinner to get through. Thank you all so much for your prayers.

Valerie
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”