Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday May 24,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday May 24,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Wed May 24, 2023 2:28 am

Good morning Everyone,

Our garden is planted we have 2 cherry tomatoes 2 beefsteak 2 pepper plants 2 cucumber plants plants have gone up a little close to 6 dollars a plant .
Today Bill is already out of the house had to take his brother for his colonoskpy Eddie is the first patient this morning at 6 he has to fast for 3 days because years back he had cancer .
So while he's out of the house I will try to get something done.

Well thats my story for today.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Wednesday May 24,2023

Post by grammiequilts » Wed May 24, 2023 4:17 am

Good Morning Lois...I am up stripped the bed and got the first load of laundry going...Bathrooms need cleaning,,I may try to get out in the front yard to weed...Visiting nursr is coming at noon and therpy is coming at 3 so I will try and squeeze in the chores...Ken is doing ok...still very needy...I am tired...I had to redo the dressing on his knee....Whomever did the dressing on in surgery failed wound care 101.....I called and told them It was falling off and they said just redo it......Yep we all have surgical dressings in the cupboard...I am venting here,,,Sometimes I wonder how some of these gals even got through nursing school...
Well I did get Sept block done and will probably try to get the pieces cut for the small blocks tonight, ,Hope you all have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed May 24, 2023 5:33 am

Good morning!

It's a great day here in the Mountain West! It's a celebration day too. Kate's 30th BD, her badge pinning for all the hard work in becoming a firefighter, and Daniel and Kari will have a new home! The contingency offer failed to meet It's terms, so it was booted out the door, to quote Daniel. Now they have gathered all the paperwork submitted it to the lending company. Now, more waiting!

So not much more here. I have a bit of groceries to gather today, and then put away.

Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 24, 2023 6:29 am

Good morning,

Our temps are finally on the upswing again. Going to be 70* today and 82* by Friday before dipping back down again to the 60's. 8-) Last night about 9 pm our friends called to say that their DGS was driving by our house and a bear ran across the road and into our front woods headed for our house. Exciting! We made sure all the pets were in but we never saw the bear. He may have gone down Vicki's driveway instead. But it's nice to know that we still have some wild life in the area.

JUDI - sorry your patient isn't very patient. But every day he improves a little more, right? You will be working on OWL October soon. The 6" blocks go quickly. That's weird about your foot pedal falling apart. And you just went out and bought a used back-up machine?? What is it? We need details.

LOIS - I wish your BIL an ueventful test and a clean bill of health.

TINA - how was the chiro appt? I go to mine today. He keeps me going. Though, I've heard so many good things about Tumeric to help with chronic aches & pains that I'm giving it a try and I think it might be helping. My neighbor I walk with every morning swears by it.

JANA - I'm sorry about your LQS closing. I hate seeing that happen. Which one is it? But - congratulations to your kids on their new home!!! And to you!! I'm so excited for them! If there's any more chores you would like done at your house, you better get him while he's still there! :lol: And happy birthday and congratulations to Kate on her graduation! A hard-won achievement! And a great role model for her girls.

MARY Q - thank you on passing on those patterns. I'm having enough trouble as it is!! :lol: Sorry to hear your DEX may have Parkinson's. I pray he doesn't. How old is he? My brother was dx'd on his 60th birthday. His started in his right shoulder.

CHRISS - did Jerry's blood work go OK? Do you get to see the results or do they go straight to the dr's office? We have My Chart since last summer and can log on and see results of all tests. We can also communicate with our dr, ask questions, etc. She usually answers everything within 2 days.

SUZ - any update on your twins? I remember Cindy used to call her twins "twinkies". Her twinkies are now mid to late teens!

BECCA - any word yet on a move-in date for you? You probably have already started packing! I'm so happy for you. But I'm sure Denise and Mark are going to miss you!

Yesterday my sister helped me sort out the Home Sweet Home swap blocks. She loves doing that and this is the second time she's happened to be visiting when a swap I was hosting ended and she got to admire and pet every single block. They are all on their way to their destinations now. After that, we took a drive, visited our parents and grandparents, drove by their farm where we were raised, and the 2-room schoolhouse my sister attended in the late 40's which is now designated historic and has become a Park building/event venue. And just enjoyed seeing old places from our childhood. Today, we have no plans as of yet.

We have two friends (one is also my massage therapist) who both called us within hours of each other with serious back problems. David had major surgery last night and we're still waiting to see if Doyle is going to pull through. (he thinks not. :D ). But if you could add them to your prayer list, it would be a great thing.

Thanks!
mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed May 24, 2023 6:51 am

I didnt buy a machine I bought a new foot pedal....kept the old one just in case,,,,the guy had to addapt the new pedal to my machines plug...all is well....I am excited to do October OWL it is a cute cute block even though I dont do Halloween...xxxxxxxooooooo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 24, 2023 7:03 am

JUDI - oops! Guess I misunderstood! A new food pedal is nice, too. :D I also like the October block and can't wait to get to it. I don't 'do' Halloween either, but I do love Halloween sewing. I can't figure me out. lol!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed May 24, 2023 7:41 am

Good Sunny, maybe 70* today, Morning..............

Must say this again....it is so green out there!

It's the 35th Fleet Week in NYC. I just saw the ship that carries planes(forgot the name)& all the sailors rimmed the edge of the ship. Impressive! It's a Aircraft carrier.....good old Google.

Wonderful weather today. I think I'll wash the chairs on then porch. Must call & have my snow tires removed. On the way home I'll pick up a flat of flowers. I hope they still have tomatoes & basil. There are a few bills to pay as usual.

Lois.......Congrats on getting your garden in. Hope things go smoothly for Eddie.

Judi.......looks like both you & Ken will be busy today. Good luck with the weeding. You should ask the nurse for a change of dressing she must have some. I worry about getting the knee replacement.

Jana.....Happy Birthday Kate! Have fun with cake. the house for Daniel & Kari is getting very confusing. The right house is just waiting out there for them. Can you get me some milk?

Maryz.......enjoy the warmer weather, we might hit the 70s this afternoon. Good for washing porch chairs. Hope the bear is far on it's way. It must have been fun to sort blocks with your sister. Work sharing is always good. Saying prayers for you friends.

Love & Prayers...........Kathy

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed May 24, 2023 8:22 am

Good Morning Girls

Ooppps.. slept a little later than I meant to----again! :lol: It got chilly over night and with my windows open, my bed was so nice and warm!

Lois... You sure got a lot done, getting all that stuff planted! It almost makes me wish I could have a garden.... but here I can only plant stuff in pots... but I am going to try a tomato plant or two!

Judi... I have the utmost respect for nurses! But I agree.. how did some pass the boards. Working with a lot of different nurses at LTC's over the years, I've met some doozies! But I've also worked with some of the caring awesome hospice nurses and I'm always so grateful for their care. I'm afraid I may need one one day! Hope your patient perks up a bit soon and will be able to do for himself. Must be a little frustrating for him too.

Jana... Congratulations all around at your house!! Awesome that Kate is a firefighter! And for Daniel and Karlie---what fun to move into their own home and get it all set up! Waiting on paperwork can be a drag, but I'm sure everything will go through just fine!

Maryz... I checked my 'informed delivery" with the PO this morning and can see I have a package coming. For a minute I thought "what did I order" :lol: :lol: Nice to have a helper put those all together for you. I do too hope DEX doesn't have Parkinsons,... he's 74 and according to the kids he's really slowed down, mentally and physically. But then, don't we all! My brain still works pretty fast but my body sure doesn't

Kathy... How cool to be able to see an Aircraft Carrier with all the soldiers lined up!! My nephew was stationed on a big ship and it was cool to see pictures of all the sailors standing at attention. There was once a ship in the Navy named the USS CARON... named after a distant cousin of mine. CARON was my grandmother's maiden name.

Chriss... I'm sure you will be popping by sometime... were are able to sleep in a little this morning?

Yesterday I was finally able to get my garage back in shape with all the tote boxes of fabric. I really should stay out of there, because every time I go out I find some pretty fabric and I think "OH I could make ____________" with this and I bring it in and add it to the pile already in the house! I already have 4 projects going at the same time. "SOMEBODY STOP ME" (think Jim Carey)

Oh and some more fun news for you.... you nurses will know what this means... my A1C is 6.4 So guess who has to start taking diabetic meds and testing blood sugar! AAARRCCHHHHH... Out with the carbs and sugar!!! No more lemon drops or cookies or cake or pizza ..... no more fun!!! Guess I better learn to like veggies!

At least I can still have coffee (black as always)... a fresh cup and I'm off to get to work...or play.

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed May 24, 2023 9:33 am

Good morning. Another beautiful day here today. We should see 80*. Yesterday was coolish, the windows were open all day and I finished the weed eating. If there is no more rain in our near future I should be done. Otherwise it will be one more round with the week wacker.

I've been for my morning walk and am almost ready to start my day. I will straighten up the kitchen and tackle the bathrooms today before playing in my room.

Lois, my garden mimics yours. We are growing the same veggies. I have 3, yes 3, green tomatoes on our plants. So waiting for them to turn red. The costs of the plants have gone up quite a bit.

Judi, so glad Ken only has two knees. Hope his therapy has him in his feet and back to his old self quickly. Seems like dressing a wound would be an important test for an upcoming nurse to ACE. get it? ACE, as in ACE bandage. I crack myself up.

Jana yay for all the great things going on in your family. House, job, birthdays, the fun keeps going. Have some birthday cake for me.

Maryz, prayers said for both of your friends. What fun to have a good time reminiscing with your sister. sounds like fun.

Kathy, I would love to see fleet week but I don't believe I will ever get to that side of the map. How is Kimberly doing? And how are you?

Maryq, I was pre-diabetic and went on Atkins low carb diet. It's change but once you re-train your self and go low carb it's easily done. I went from 265 pounds to 175, I an about 180 now and really need to get back to 175. Thankfully I am no longer pre diabetic. You can do it. Nope, I didn't sleep in. I was here, started typing then my stupid hand hit a stupid button on my stupid laptop and my eloquent post went poof.

I hear Jerry in the kitchen doing some cleaning. He fixed his breakfast casserole and it's in the oven. I think I will have some breakfast and go play in my room. I've been thinking about what to get my dad for fathers day. I'm thinking an ice chest on wheels and I will make him a tote for his picnic things. He only goes to a picnic with the Elks a couple of times a year but lugs his cooler, this way he can wheel it.

Gotta get busy, you girls have a groovy day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”