Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday May 21

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Sunday May 21

Post by auntjana » Sun May 21, 2023 6:35 am

Good morning!

A absolutely beautiful day here! Still a bit of hazy Canadian smoke, but still great. Church is in a short time. I'm back to one of my old callings, Ward Chorister, and will be conducting the music today.

Not much else going on here. Just watching and waiting and rinse and repeat mode! After church, I'll head down and play in all the mess in the Batt Cave.

My littles only have two weeks left of school. On Tuesday at the fire academy, is a family day for all the recruits to demonstrate their skills and a bbq. So since the kids are still in school, it will be a hooky day, we'll call it a field trip for their excuse note. The kids will get to climb and see the fire engines etc. To my Karlie, this will be old hat, but she'll still have fun.

Off to find a decent face in the drawer and get dressed,
Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun May 21, 2023 7:44 am

Good morning. It's going to be a marvelous day today. Not sure why yet but a day is what you make it to be. I'm going to make it marvelous.

Yesterday I went to two thrift stores and a quilt show. The show was very small but so is the community where it was held. Got a few items at the vendor part of the show. One of the thrift stores helps the local SPCA. I always find quilting fabric, patterns or books. I found a pattern that is an embroidered witch's boot with flowers and pumpkins, and another Halloween pattern with embroidered cats as some of the blocks. really cute.

Suzette, sorry the babies had to stay, but they will get excellent care, what are their names?

Lois, I love the treasure hunt at thrift stores. I did find a few things but didn't spend too much so it's a win win. Happy hair cut day. Sure wish you'd send Olivia over here, I could use a trim.

Becca, quite frustrating to have to start over with a new doctor. We have the same problem in our little hospital/clinic. Such huge turnover. Continued prayers for Brodee and glad the bday party for Avery was fun.

Judi, Glad Ken is improving. I've noticed that strange sounds come from men when they have aches or pains. I probably shouldn't type this here, and I know Ken isn't like this but it brings up a memory of my ex-husband who used to complain about his ailments so often. I had just had a hysterectomy and he was still complaining about his owies. I told him he should get a uterus, and that there is one at the pathology lab with his name on it.

Diane, nothing really new at the quilt show, I did see a couple of different blocks I would like to try. Mostly I bought raffle tickets and will receive the winning phone call tonight after the show is over. I would like a little of that rain please.

Valerie, glad you are safely at your destination. Hope you have a wonderful visit and that your BIL is doing well.

Maryz, enjoy your visit. Oakhurst has so many thrift stores, some junky and some fun. I'm sure you've called about your machine. Funny how companies seem to wait until you call rather than calling you. Hope you saved me some hot water, I need a shower too.

Flo, sorry about Joe's schedule. We often binge watch tv. FreeVee is a free channel (not sure if it's from Prim or Hulu) and has a lot of great binge worthy shows. Have you seen Revenge? it's a good one and has a very surprising ending.

Jana, glad it's a beautiful day. Enjoy your conducting. How often is your calling changed? Does everyone get a calling? I find it interesting that there are so many different ways of believing in the same God and everyone has the same goal at the end. Enjoy church.

Thinking about heading to the grocery store today. Or, maybe I will give Jerry more time to add to the list. Tuesday there is a pretty good sale at a quilt shop but it's about an hour or so from here. Not sure if it's worth an hours drive, probably not. I do plan on playing in my room today, nothing too exciting.

Have a fantastic cay
Chriss
Psalm 91

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun May 21, 2023 8:53 am

Sunny day here.

Suzette, glad you're feeling better. Details girl, we need details.... names, weight, length and how those twins are doing. Sending prayers they go home soon.

Chriss, I think a trip to the quilt shop sale sounds like another good break day from Jerry. Trust me, I know how important that little bit of 'me' time is.

Yesterday Garry's sis and her hubby came over. We drove to a quilt shop about 30 miles east. A really nice shop, unfortunately we only had 10 minutes to shop, they close at 2 on Saturdays. Actually it may have been good to only have 10 minutes, we didn't have time to get into real trouble!! :lol: We each found a quilt pattern and I found a yard of red with stars on a clearance shelf. Then we hauled the guys to 3 Antique Stores. God works in mysterious ways. A friend here, Dorothy, was showing me the flooring that will be installed in their 5th wheel. In the process she mentioned a boo boo on the kitchen island wall, just below the countertop. The table had been extended when they were bringing in the slides and it caused an indentation and crack. She's had an artificial vine covering it, but really doesn't like it. Back to God, I'm walking thru the first store and see a framed saying, "Ole Glory, Ole Glory, Ole Glory" with 13 stars on left and red and white stripes under words. I measured it (of course I have a tape in my purse, I sew) and it is 8" x 38". I took a picture and text Dorothy. She was thrilled! She'd been to Hobby Lobby and tried to find something, but nothing was right. They will be hanging it today and are so happy God sent me to find just the right thing. I on the other hand didn't find a thing. The in-laws found a bat for their grandson.

I have the featherweight out and making 2 burp rags to go with a receiving blanket for a nurse at the Dr's office. I would have mailed it, but it got lost for a bit. Prayers for little ones and big ones.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”