Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday May 21

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Sunday May 21

Post by suzette58 » Sat May 20, 2023 11:40 pm

Good morning everyone.
Our grand daughter was discharged from the hospital but the babies had to stay in the NICU. Of course she is beside herself leaving the babies at the hospital. I am feeling much better. The Tamiflu took a couple of days to kick in but it works. Today I am going to try and get a good part of quilting done on the graduation quilt. I haven’t been working on it very much because of being sick. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Kathysquilts - the Tamiflu works great. It is the first time I have had the flu since they came out with it.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday May 21

Post by fabricgirl » Sun May 21, 2023 1:51 am

Good morning,

It finally stopped raining and we are suppose to be at 77.
Today Sandi and Olivia are coming for a visit I will get a haircut and visit with the girls.

Suzette congratulations how tiny are the twins.
Mary Z glad everything turned out well with amara test enjoy your sister.
Mary Q how did the sale go I hope you made a lot of fabric money.
Chris's how was the quilt show did find anything at the thrift stores?

Well that's all the news from here have a great day do something for fun.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun May 21, 2023 4:17 am

Good morning to all It’s a cloudy morning
We had a good time at Avery’s party Tiring but good
Suz Glad the tamiflu worked Our 2 set of Twins had to be in NiCU Morhers had to go home except the ones born very early She only took a few hrs sleep each night They stayed right with them
Lois A new haircut always makes me feel so much better Enjoy
Maryz Yes Avery is 7 now actually today
I don’t have an update on Brodee He is on seizure medication His Dr left is why they had to get new one He saw the new one last Thursday
Today it’s Church & I must get going
Katy I would love to just have a half of your garden It will be so good this Summer
Have a blessed day. Becca

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sun May 21, 2023 4:29 am

Lois - you know I didn’t think to ask their weight. When I find out I will let everyone know.
Suzette

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun May 21, 2023 4:39 am

Good morning not much has changed here...Ken is gaining use of his knee doing his excersizes and complaining a lot...but otherwise nothing is changed,,,I will try to get to the sewing room today after I do chores...Dishwasher need emptying and running the vacuum ETC,,,,,It is sunny and cool 48 this morning but I had the windows opened and slept really well..
Hope all the babies have good Dr reports and all the grown ups too...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun May 21, 2023 4:59 am

Good grey morning.
LOIS- we have rain in our forecast for today and we do need it. So if you are sending it here I thankyou. Just take back any humidity that comes with it. LOL
SUZETTE-How heavy were the twins?? It seems to be usual for the NICU to hold them for a few days just as a precaution. It will be a happy day when they are released. So Tamiflu was helpful for you, is it used just for flu or could it work on colds and cough. I don't remember anyone in the last few years getting the flu. Anyone around you have it?
BECCA--I hope the new medications will work on little Brodee and quickly. How old are the twins now? Time seems to go bye so rapidly.
KATY- how large is your vegetable farm?? Do you tend it yourself? Sounds great and I'm sure your friends are just waiting for some of the over flow. LOL
MARYQ- how much fabric were you able to sell? Hope all of it has found new homes (other than yours)
MARYZ- great news about Amara's test. I'm sure the parents are jumping with joy.
CHRIS- anything new at the quilt show. I usually walk around in total awe of the beautiful quilts. The talent and the patience of the sewers if amazing.
Today is an quiet odds and ends day with the rain coming. Coffee is the 1st thing on my list.
Enjoy the day. I am so thankful for friends and family in my life.
Diane

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun May 21, 2023 5:02 am

JUDI---IF MEN DID NOT COMPLAIN AND WHINE --WHAT ELSE WOULD THEY DO IN LIFE???

Been then- LOL LOL
Diane

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun May 21, 2023 5:14 am

Good morning from Indian Springs! On my phone so this will be quick.

We arrived safe and sound about 5:30 last night. DBIL met us at the Palace Station, we had dinner and then DBIL and I left for his place and my friend to her daughters. We will meet up again on Wednesday for lunch.

Today he has a meeting at church 7:30 then service at 10. Not sure what the plan is after that.

Prayers for healing for Brodee, Ken, Jerry, Suzette, the new twins (sorry I missed their names) Have I missed anyone?

Have a great day. May lay down a bit longer.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 21, 2023 5:31 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I'm glad Ken's moving along in his recovery. He will be dancing a polka before you know it! You better make some camping rezzies! Give him something fun to work toward.

SUZ - glad you are feeling so much better. It's been many years since I've had the flu. I've heard Tamiflu works well. Sorry the babies had to stay in the NICU. You said Cilas "had some problems" - were they respiratory? Sometimes it takes a bit to work the last of the fluid out of their lungs. It's so hard for moms to go home, empty-armed. Are they close to you? Did you make baby quilts for them?

VAL - glad you made it! I hope you have a really nice visit. Are you driving home on Wed?

LOIS - happy haircut day! I'll get mine cut Thursday. My shop is closing at the end of the week so I wanted one last trim. The manager is my stylist and does a good job with curly hair. She is moving to another shop but I don't know where yet so I wanted to get in one last trim to tide me over until she gets settled.

BECCA - that garden of Katy's did sound tasty, didn't it! I used to love planting, weeding, harvesting from the garden. I bet Avery loved everyone coming for her 7th birthday. I have clear memories of my own 7th birthday, even the gifts I received.

VELDA - glad you are still out there and enjoying your hummers.

CHRISS - We've been thru Oakhurst! I didn't know there were thrift shops! Did you find anything fun? And how was the quilt show? Sorry your junk drawers are filling up. Junk drawers are a fact of life, just like piles of paper on the countertop.

MARY Q - are you rolling around in all the money you made? Did you get rid of all of KC's stuff? And you are driving home tomorrow? I've missed you!

Yesterday I finished my OWL April block and little blocks. Ready to move on to May, but decided I'm going to cut out that third flannel shirt first. I was sorting out the pattern pieces when my sis and dbil drove in, an hour earlier than I expected. They made good time. So the rest of the day was visiting with them. Not sure what today's plan is. Al has a leak in his fresh water tank so they guys are going to work on that. Not sure if my sister and I will go off and do something fun, or if she wants to just rest after their 4-day drive. We'll find out after everyone gets up and has their coffee. I sure wish I'd hear from the sewing machine hospital how my baby is doing. All the OWL applique would be so much easier if I had my automatic thread cutter. My old machine doesn't have that feature.

I'm off to shower. Y'all have a great day!

Mary z
>^+^<

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun May 21, 2023 6:13 am

Morning
Joe's schedule all over the place, mostly graveyard. Makes things crazy.
Since internet hooked up, we have been binge watching Amazon Prime. Latest is series Bosch....only 1 season left then we will find something else.
Doily quilt blocks coming along. Hopefully in a few weeks I can start piecing them.
Has anyone tea dyed fabric? Give me a shout if you have want to tea stain my great grandma's nightgown to add to quilt.
Flo

Return to “Sew ins”