Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday May 17,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday May 17,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Wed May 17, 2023 2:47 am

Good morning Everyone,

It's going to be in the 60's today I'm going to take my sheets off and wash them this will be my last load for the week.
Yesterday I didn't do anything just can't get started I had to call grace frame I of my pieces was broken on the cariage that you secure your machine to so I told him 2 were broken in the box so they are sending them I'm also getting the focal fabric for OWL on saturday .

Jana congratulations to you son on there new home I will pray that they come down a little bit more

Well thats all the news from here enjoy your day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Wednesday May 17,2023

Post by grammiequilts » Wed May 17, 2023 4:01 am

A quick hello///Not much sleep last night,,,someone who slept all day was up frequently...apparently the muscle relaxer they gave him was much too strrong and he slept the whole day away only to be up till 1am and back up again at 6... me too.
Nurse is coming at 9 am and therapy is coming at 11...I need to get him washed up ( been since monday morning) and it probbbly would be a good ide a to dress myself too....and fed and medicated...( pain pill) talk again at nap time.....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed May 17, 2023 6:06 am

Hello everyone Partly Cloudy here after a nice refreshing rain last night Just got back from morning walk
Judi Hope you can sleep tonight Those meds are a pain to deal with
Lois Sorry your pieces were broken in shipping
Prayers for everyone in need My friend who had the stroke is coming along slowly
Will have PT for speech & other needs
Have a great day to all. Becca

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed May 17, 2023 6:12 am

Good morning peeps. It's going to be a great day today.

I woke up at 4am. Guess my slumber time was over. I'm on load two of three and wish I could get my day started but someone is still sleeping. He won't be up for at least an hour at which time I will run the strip the bed, run the vac and put the dishes away.

Not much else is going on here. It's going to be hot so I will be indoors most of the day.

Judi, sorry Ken, and you, didn't sleep well. Hope it's a different story tonight.

Kathy, knock, knock, are you there?

You all have a fabulous day
Chriss
Psalm 91

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed May 17, 2023 6:17 am

Good morning Lois and Judi and happy day to everyone who follows.

Judi happy news about Ken. I am hoping you get a nap today. If i remember right he moved right along with the last surgery so prayers he can do that again.

Maryz my friend is what they call "stable". She is still in ICU on pressors. They are trying to reduce them but when they do, her BP drops again. Zach said last he spoke with the dr. they didn't have a clear plan. Until her BP stabilizes, they can't really do anything about the bone. He said the infection is "pretty bad". I am thinking she is septic. I didn't get there yesterday as planned as Monday night I was out all night and didn't get enough sleep. Stanford is close to 2 hours from my house so didn't think it safe to drive that on no sleep. Plus the IBS or whatever this is really flared yesterday.

Chriss where are we at with Jerry? How did the scan go? Did you get to play yesterday?

Becca always love to hear how the twins are doing. Such a joy they are.

Maryq I thought we had mail problems. Sounds like a real mess. Can you just put in an address change just for you?

Jana how long you think before the kids hear on the house? If it is supposed to happen it will. Could be God has another plan.

Diane a couple of cookies before sewing is always a good idea.

The Starry Night did get the last two seams sewn yesterday. It is now covered and hung up waiting till September. Have the April lotto blocks on the wall. Thinking what to do about them. Sash or not sash? if sash what color? White or Red? borders? 1 or 2 Borders? Likely red/white

We are expecting 70's all week here. Perfect numbers if you ask me. I am thinking the rain may be done for the season but not going to hold my breath.

Think I will consider breakfast and then shower, Have a great day everyone
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed May 17, 2023 6:23 am

Happy Sunny morning, I'll share if you are cloudy.

Someone mentioned Dementia in the last couple days. I may have already told y'all about this book, but worth repeating. The 36-Hour Day is a family guide to caring for people with Dementia and Alzheimers. This book is written such that you can look at Contents and go right to the page you want to read, like Changes in roles. Maybe the person who has Dementia used to do the cooking or bill paying. You can read that page. Much better than having to read the whole book.

Going to Dr office every day for treatments. I'm hoping to get a machine and fabric out to make something, anything to fondle fabric.

Prayers for your needs.
Lyn

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 17, 2023 6:37 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I hope YOU get a little nap today! They say the third day after surgery is the worst, so brace yourself! lol! I think because people are starting to feel better so they slack off on the pain meds and then overdo - hence - worse. I hope today is a good day for you both.

LOIS - sorry a piece to your frame is broken. I'm glad they are standing behind it though - our guage of a quality company - how they stand behind their product once the sale is made.

JANA - exciting news for your kids! And for you, too! I can't wait to hear if their offer is accepted.

DIANE - I checked out your Blue Barn by Edyta Star. Which book is that in? Or did you just buy the pattern? Do you have to have templates or do they give measurements so you can cut the pieces? I hate buying rulers and templates for just one project.

MARY Q - I hope you've got your mail straightened out now for good. I've got you on my machine embroidery emergency speed dial list! Did you get all your patches finished? How many total? You said you thought you'd do extras . . And yes, my Bernie, "Chip" is still in the shop. I dropped him off April 21st and, as usual, he had to wait his turn on the technician's table. On May 3rd I received an e-mail - and then a text telling me they'd sent an e-mail - saying he needed a part and the part would take 1-3 weeks to arrive. Once the part arrives he will get repaired immediately, and sent home. They never said what was wrong but there were birdsnests occasionally and the alphabets messed up now and then. So, in the meantime, I'm giving my back-up Bernie, "Stitch", a good workout.

BECCA - I hope your wait for your new home isn't too long. Glad your friend is getting the therapies she needs. Is she able to walk?

LYN - You've given a good resource for families of dementia patients. Another good book is Creating Moments of Joy by Jolene Brackley. It explains in an entertaining and easily understandable way the journey of dementia for the patient and for the family.

CHRISS - glad you got your AC units in but wish someone had been there to help. But at least now you'll be more comfy. I am anxious to hear results of Jerry's latest test.

VAL - I hope your friend starts to make progress soon. Glad you didn't opt that long drive on no sleep! When our friend, Betsy, was at U of W Med Ctr, they had a system where we could send e-mails to patients - which we did daily. What happens in Sept that your Starry Night has to wait?

Yesterday I finally finished the flannel shirt #2. Seems everything I sewed was wrong and I had to pick it out - not easy to do on this heavy, ravvely fabric. I wanted to serge the exposed seams and spent a few hours cleaning and rethreading my serger. (also a Bernie) But I got [er dun! But the fabric is just too heavy for snaps so I'm going to do buttons instead, but want to wait for my regular machine to come home to do the buttonholes. So the shirt is hanging in my sewing room for now. I'm debating if I want to do the third shirt or not. :twisted: Then, since my fall & winter OWL focus fabrics arrived I decided to do the two 6" blocks for Jan and Feb that I'd cut out but left in baggies, waiting for those fabrics. Of course, I found I'd cut some of January's little pieces wrong and the few that I'd cut right, I sewed (and trimmed!) wrong! Argghhhh!!! It was time to walk away from the sewing room. My sister and dbil are hitting the road this morning for here. So it's time to start getting ready - clean house, mow grass, grocery shop, etc. They arrive Saturday for about 3 weeks, so most of my sewing will come to a halt until about June 10th-ish. That may be a good thing. :lol:

Hoping all goes well in your day!

mary z
>^+^<

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed May 17, 2023 7:01 am

Mary Z I'm waiting on my fabric for owl it won't be here until saturday.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed May 17, 2023 7:03 am

Maryz when I made the quilting appointment I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get it done and she books months in advance. So we put me on the calendar for October. Just to be safe.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed May 17, 2023 7:18 am

Good Morning Girls

The car is packed up for the trip to WI, but I am no where near ready to go! Actually I just woke up a bit ago! But there's not need to hurry this morning. Need to do a quick walk-about in the house before I go, run the vac, unplug stuff etc. But first my coffee and a chat with my girls!

Lois.... Bummer... broken parts? Hate when that happens, especially with a fun new toy that you want to try out! Hope they are quick sending the parts.

Judi.... Sorry you both had a rough night! How is his pain level? Nice that a nurse and therapist will come right to the house.. And yes, probably a good idea that you get dressed too or they will think you are the patient!

Becca.... I must have missed the news of your friend with the stroke... but it is good news to hear that she is improving. That's one thing I kind of worry about, living alone... if I had a stroke it would take hours before anybody would find me!

Chriss... You seriously stayed UP after you woke at 0400? You iz nuts! Hope it's nice and cool inside for you today. Do you get humidity like Texas or are you dry like Vegas. I always chuckle at "Oh, it's dry heat" Doesn't matter to me! Dry heat is like sticking your head in the oven and it's still HOT HOT HOT!

Valerie... I think the mail issue might be solved, finally. I have informed delivery so I get an e-mail every morning showing what's in my mail.... this morning I see my own mail is on it's way. I saw your Starry Night and it's absolutely gorgeous.

Lyn.... I'll mention that book to one of my neighbors. The gal that lives behind me lost her husband to Dementia shortly before I moved here and she's very active in a local support group. She might be interested in that book.

Maryz... Yup, all the patches are done! I brought them to Kris when I picked up Evie the other day and I guess the gal in charge loves them! They were kind of fun to do, but I'm not ready to go into the patch making business. I have to "invoice" the club so I guess they will pay me. I'll mention your book to my neighbor as well, she might like to have a little library of books and resources. Always a good idea to walk away from the machine for a little bit! I was doing a shirt on the embroidery machine yesterday and got the back of it caught... time to give it up!

Jana...You're probably out there somewhere this morning! Congratulations to Daniel and Kari for finding their own new home. How exciting! Has Kari heard anything about the job she interviewed for?

Guess I better get my butt in gear, the sooner I get cleaned up the sooner I can get down to Ferryville, WI. That's the little town where Tom and Viv live. You can find it on google earth, just south of LaCrosse, WI. Takes me about 4 hours or so to get there, not including potty stops. Their house is right on the Mississippi River and if you look across it, Iowa is on the other side. I'm taking my IPad along and will try to check in once in a while. But if you don't hear from me... don't worry! :)

Wishing you all a Wonderful Wednesday

Return to “Sew ins”