Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday May 15,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday May 15,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Mon May 15, 2023 2:19 am

Good morning Everyone,

Today will be at 79 I'm up having coffee and am going to make a list for the scavenger hunt.
Yesterday was a nice relaxing day phone calls from the kids and grands also.
Today I also have to do a little laundry but that won't happen till we get back from the scavenger hunt.
I started tracing some of the blocks for owl but I'm not going to work on them just yet.

Well that's all the news from here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Re: Monday May 15,2023

Post by suzette58 » Mon May 15, 2023 2:56 am

Good morning Lois and those that follow.
For some reason my four legged alarm clocks are sleeping in and that means I get to. I started the graduation quilt quilting. Once that is done I have a few projects I want to do for our house. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am going to get my second cup of coffee.
Suzette

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 15, 2023 3:05 am

Good morning!

We had a wonderful day here yesterday. Had a doozy of a thunderstorm with a spectacular lightning show. But best of all, Daniel and Kari found a house! It's not far from me, a straight as the crow flies, mile. Directly due east of my house. So that makes me the center, Sarah a mile due west, Daniel, a mile due east, Aaron is about 2 miles north. Matt is farther at 4 miles north. Daniel's new, possible house is what we call, a horse property here in Herriman. A little larger than a half acre. Which is great for his collection of "ponies" - those are Mustang muscle cars he is restoring. Along with several vintage jeeps. The house is 5 bedrooms, but it's tiny, with a total, basement included, of about 2600 square feet. Which is fine, as they have just Karlie. There's plenty of room down the side of the house to drive vehicles. The sellers have dropped the price twice, it's been on the market for a time, but the comps in the neighborhood are still a bit lower, so hopefully the seller will come down a bit more. The home is empty, and we think they've already purchased another. The house is about 20 years old, so not too bad age wise. Kari was all smiles when they came back from seeing the house. They kids can stretch to get it, but a lower price would be better. So lots of prayers here! That's hard to pray for, as we want it to be fair for all, but we hope it works out, lower for Daniel. I tease Daniel that there's room for me to have my Clydesdale horse, he says no hay burners allowed! He's had horses before , so he says no!

Oh my Batt Cave is in total disarray! So you'll find me down there putting it back together. I abandoned my sewing upstairs and will be just down there again. The new Kimberbell embroidery cd for a bench pillow is called- I scream for ice cream. A good summer pillow here at this house! My little gremlins all know Grandma keeps orange vanilla popsicles for them. Part of a well stocked freezer!

More thunderstorms this afternoon, we seem to be having a early monsoonal flow. Heat will appear in the 80's all week too.

Find fun today! It's out there!
Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon May 15, 2023 3:38 am

Good Morning,,,I was up a few times during the night,,,Anxiety I suppose..Finally at 5 I got up///I am dressed and hair combed and face washed,,,We shower at night, Ken is packing up his Cpap and I have my waiting room bag ready, I didnt find any snacks I wanted at the store so I will take a baggie of grapes and an apple. my appetite will stay home as it always does...Have my hexi project un the bag too...and an audible book and ear phones...
Yesterday we had a fantastic day I got to hug all my kids and one of the great grandkids....Navy she is so stinkin cute,,,and few of my grand kids...got flowers for the porch and flowers in the house...Liam came and cut the grass then we went to my oldest for a visit, we had Liam most of the day, He brought me a bouquet of flowers and bought his Mom one too,,,,melted my heart,,,He is an awesome kid...
Jana all of my kids live close enough to me to see frequently...and I have only one grand kid that is far away all the rest are close too...and all three greats are also....It is like "Mother Hen" time most dont go to far from the nest.
Well It is getting time to go....I havent had coffee since Ken cannot have anything,,,I know the smell would bother him..Ill get some fter he is in. Keep us in your prayers. Please...and thank you for being thereXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon May 15, 2023 4:46 am

Judi lots of luck and prayers for you and Ken today.

Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon May 15, 2023 4:52 am

JUDI--I hope the waiting room is very large as you will be surrounded by your unseen sisters in prayer.

I had a nice lunch with cousin, Carol and her hubby Ron, DS and DDIL. It was a nice time. Carol has been told she has on-set dementia. My aunt had full blown dementia also and it was a horrible 14 years for her and Carol. My cousin is so very worried about becoming her mom. Please send a prayer for her and her hubby who I feel is following the same path.
I'll check later to catch up.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 15, 2023 5:04 am

Good morning, Judi and everyone else.

Today is Law Enforcement Memorial Day. Please remember all the men and women who have given their lives protecting their communities. There is a wall in Washington D.C. and also in Florida with all the names inscribed on it - very much like the Vietnam Wall. Next time you have the chance, tell an officer "Thanks!"

JUDI - prayers going with you and Ken today! Sounds like your Mom's Day was awesome! Blessings abound in your family.

DIANE - so sorry to hear of your cousin's diagnosis. How old is she? My brother just made this journey with his wife.

SUZ - what projects do you want to make for your house? Glad you're getting a little more sleep!

LOIS - what months are you starting with in OWL?

JANA - congrats to Daniel and fam! Sounds like they found a nice house with lots of opportunity to make it their own. And how nice to have all your kids living so closely to you!

We got home late yesterday afternoon and I need to do some reading to catch up with y'all. The celebration of life was just what Betsy would have wanted - and what I would, too, for that matter. It was held in the backyard of good friends. Everyone brought food ,stories, and memories to share and left with mementos of Betsy - things she'd made (aprons, totes, scarves, cross-stitch, tablerunners, baby blankets, etc) and things she collected (moose, birds, bears,). We also had a nice visit with Bob, spent two nights (probably for the last time) parked on his property. But we weren't home 2 hours and he texted us asking if he could come visit, so I think we'll be seeing him soon again.

Today I'll do some light cleaning in the trailer, some kitchen work, and some menu planning for when my sis and dbil arrive on Saturday. I'll walk around the yard and see if anything needs doing, and maybe I'll stop by and visit my sewing room. :D It was 88* here yesterday and will be again today. After our cold spring, I won't complain.

A new week of new opportunities! Seize them!

mary z
>^+^<

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon May 15, 2023 6:30 am

Happy Monday. Starting with prayers for Ken's surgery. Psalm 41:3
“The Lord sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness.”

Today will do the last two seams on the Starry Night. Then not sure where I will go from there. I did a lot of sorting and cleaning in the sewing room yesterday so I have a stack of current projects. Will choose from there. Would like to get my BOM done before I leave for Vegas.

Lois a load of laundry for me today too. One load from 2 days ago I have to fold still. I will run back through dryer a few minutes first to get the wrinkles out. I am so bad about that.

Suzette maybe those early alarms are causing them to be tired. Glad you could sleep in a bit.

Jana there is a scout ceremony (can't think of the name now, been too long) that is done by OA when cubs go to Boy Scouts. Usually done by OA dressed in Indian garb. There is one from each direction. N, S, E, W. That is the first thing I thought about when I read your post! Hoping the house deal becomes a reality for all.

Diane so sad to hear about your cousin. Dementia can be hereditary. Prayers for a positive outcome.

Maryz glad to see you back. What a great idea for a Celebration of Life. And to bring home a memento but have been quite heart warming. A bit concerned with that heat wave you guys are having up there. Thanks for the reminder about Law Enforcement Day. Vallejo has lost 2 officers since I have been here.

I am asking for prayers for my friend. I got a phone call from her son (the autistic boy who cared for dad for a bit). I thought he was calling to make arrangements to go see Dad but he wanted advice on what to do about his Mom. She has been suffering with horrendous mouth pain and had a walnut size lump under her chin. She finally got into a dentist last week and plans were put in place for an oral surgeon appointment and to see her PCP tomorrow. She has not been able to take in much nutrition though. He was quite concerned, said she had fallen a few times, soiled the bed, was having difficulty staying awake. Seems to be cognitively impaired. (he was concerned she couldn't use the TV remote correctly). After assuring that he was not home alone with her and his grandma was there, I told him to call 911 and have her taken to the hospital. They did do this, She was severely dehydrated with loss of kidney function. She has a bone infection in her jaw (long story but started with trying to get dentures). So she has been transferred to Stanford University Hospital. I am not sure of the plan from here. Zach will keep me informed as best he can. He is nervous and upset. He could use some prayer today.

Today I have to go pick up dad's meds. Do some banking. A bit more chores. I have those everyday though cuz my back won't do it all at once. Oh I have to get my annual TB test too! Almost forgot. Off though for breakfast before I start my day.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon May 15, 2023 6:59 am

Good Morning Girls

Whoever sent the sun shine .. thanks! It's a beautiful morning!

Just a quick drive by this morning as I'm up a little early and need to jump in the shower soon. I think I told you my mail has been going to my DB Greg's new place....well, I'm meeting him 1/2 way to retrieve my mail from him this morning and crossing my fingers that the "fix" he talked about with his post office take over soon. Not that I get important mail, but I do have one small piece of fabric on the way! :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I'm driving I find it's perfect prayer time so I will send lots of prayers for Ken this morning, that surgery goes off without a hitch and that he'll be smiling when he comes out! :lol: Also Chriss and Jerry are often in my prayers and I know tomorrow Jerry has a test, so I'll for sure ask God to make all things clear for future testing and treatment!

If I get a chance I'll stop by when I get home.. I'm hoping this will be a quick trip as I need to get myself ready to head to Wisconsin --though I'm not sure which day I'm leaving for sure yet!

Love and prayers to all!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon May 15, 2023 7:12 am

Judi, thinking about you and Ken this morning.
Hope everything goes well.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”