Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday May 14th 2023 HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Sunday May 14th 2023 HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY

Post by maryq » Sun May 14, 2023 7:52 am

Good Morning Girls

And a Big Happy Mother's Day to you all this morning!!! Not sure what the day will bring here, but I'm sure it will involve a little sewing, but mostly I'm hoping for some hugs from my kids! Kevin and Sara are stopping by for sure, but I haven't heard from Shawn yet---he's kind of a dufus and usually just texts me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Judi... Oh boy, I bet Sophia is going to have a lot of fun with her 3D printer!!! I hear you can find a lot of "patterns" on the internet? Back when I was making masks there was a gal on Facebook that made templates on her 3D printer! Oh what fun!!! Will be thinking of Ken tomorrow and sending lots of extra prayers for a speedy recovery!

Lois.... Have you ever heard of "red snappers"? That's what Viv uses on her LA machine. I hear they are a little pricey, but they work to hold the backing to the frame instead of pinning it to that leader.

Diane.... Not so sunny day here :lol: If you have some spare sunshine, send it this way!

Becca... Happy Mother's Day to you. Any word from your new place yet?

Valerie... Almost done with the patches... A few today and I'll be done! I peeked at your Starry Night! Oh my gosh, that's gorgeous! I would love to do that pattern, but I think I'd do it all in applique, if there were directions for that! I did google it. You've done a beautiful job on it!

Flo... Doesn't that just warm your heart when DGD comes to visit. I love that she brought her suitcase full of toys. I bet you just cherish those times when she wants to be with you. Aren't grandchildren great!

Chriss.... Sometimes, a nice quiet day at home is the best blessing of all! Is the Elks right there in your town or do you have to drive a bit. I too, am so glad for Jerry that he has YOU to be his voice. I think sometimes when we are sick, we lose our ooompphh to fight for ourselves and need someone to speak up. I bet those Dr.'s didn't know how well YOU speak up! but they sure do now!!!

Kathy.... Awww how sweet... flowers delivered!!! You do have nice girls!!! After you get those porch chairs washed are you going to park your fanny on your porch and enjoy the day?

Jana... Oh dear, what Kimberbell pattern did you buy? I found a book with some patterns I bought a long time ago, I think it's a Fat Quarter Shop block of the month... now I want to do that one too!! I made it through a Pat Sloan quilt of 25 blocks, I should be able to do 12!

Denise!!!! Oh how great to see you!!!! Do they celebrate Mother's Day in Canada?

Still in jammies here, so I better get dressed and throw some water on my face, drag a comb through my hair so that I don't scare the grand kids when they stop by! I'll fire up the embroidery machine and finish the last of the patches. After that I better tackle a few chores.. There's something sticky on my kitchen floor and I'm determined to clean it up today! I've been ignoring chores all week. Yesterday I was at the sewing machine from 9am to 6pm just doing patches.

Wishing you all a Very Happy Mother's Day!

zfatcat

Re: Sunday May 14th 2023 HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY

Post by zfatcat » Sun May 14, 2023 8:06 am

Happy mother's day all my beautiful quilting Friends.
May you enjoy a day filled with what you love.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”