Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday May 14th 2023 HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Sunday May 14th 2023 HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY

Post by grammiequilts » Sun May 14, 2023 3:31 am

Good morning It is cool and clear...we expect a nice day. Happy Mother's Day to you all...
Today Liam is coming over to cut the grass and weed whack for us...He wants to. I post poned Sophias sewing til next week. She is busy making accessories for her costumes on her 3D printer,,,the first one took 6 hours to make....She saved up her birthday money to buy it...She will make a top or blouse of somesort next week...Liam will come over to entertain 'Pa" while we sew for a few hours...It also involves a trip to Joanns to get the stuff...
No Chris I am not done with the windows,,,But they will get done as they always do. I have 19 to go in 5 rooms. As Ken naps and entertains himself during his recovery I will get them done...I am ready for tomorrow and your prayers are certainly appreciated and needed....it will be hexis sewing together that passes the time in the waiting room..
I need to get myself dressed and up and moving,,,I was up at 5 am as Ken kept hearing noises from somewhere in the house..I think one of his computers was chirping,,or a phone or something but once I am up I am up...he is now back to sleep.....hope your day is full of stuff that makes you happy...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday May 14th 2023 HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY

Post by fabricgirl » Sun May 14, 2023 3:46 am

Good morning Judi,
Today will be whatever I decide to do no plans of any kind except will be having a turkey for dinner today.

I have been trying to see how to make leaders for my frame and everyone was diffrent also I have a thread stand that I use for my large spools I'm hoping I'm still able to use it didn't think about all of this before I purchased the frame oh well will figure something out where there is will there is a way.

Judi have a great day.
Everyone have a Happy Mother's Day
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun May 14, 2023 4:29 am

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!
Hope everyone has a sunny day.
We're having DS and DDIL with my cousin Carol and her hubby Ron here for lunch. Should be fun.

JUDI- good luck tomorrow. Prayers are following both you and Ken.

I'll check back to catch up later.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun May 14, 2023 5:53 am

Happy Mother’s Day everyone
Have a blessed day I’m ready for Church
Chris It was fresh pineapple Watermelon & Strawberries We enjoyed some yesterday
I’m glad I jogged your memory

Judi Prayers for you & Ken tomorrow

Lois Enjoy your turkey today

Diane Happy Mother’s Day to you

Hugs Becca

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun May 14, 2023 6:09 am

Happy Mothers Day everyone! I am a few days behind but will catch up.

Suzette glad your friend liked her quilt. What a special gift for someone. How is the graduation quilt coming? Gotta love those four legged alarm clocks.

Lois I will have to take several pictures of the 40 fabulous years quilt to be able to show all the quilting. It is just beautiful. Thrilled that it will be mine!

Judi prayers for you and Ken. Will you stay at the hospital overnight with him?

Jana did you get the old phantom alarm clock under control?

Izzy the babies are all adorable. Like human babies! So sorry for the ones that didn't make it. Their poor mama's. I am not sure I envy you having to get up at 1 am though.

Chriss it is good that you can advocate for Jerry. Being in the medical field I see many, usually elderly, who have no one. Nursing homes are full of people with no visitors. You are doing a great job. I can't imagine anyone who would be glad to get of you! We got pretty hot yesterday. Into the 90's. MSN says we will only be to 70 today. Not sure how accurate that is. Did you get your flower traced? I am doing that with a Carolina Lily but not sure I like how it is coming out.

Maryq I remember when we graduated nursing school we had to wear all white. Luckily it wasn't too long after that, that things changed and the medical field got over that white stuff. How are the patches coming?

Kathy isn't Spring wonderful. I always think when I see the buds and the leaves starting we have that same opportunity to start anew. I try to tell myself, just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will get there.

Vel always nice to see you. I know you are busy with church projects. I can remember when I was little my mom trying to teach me how to Polka. I was never too good at it.

Jana hoping the funeral was as nice as a funeral can be. How did the parking go?

Becca we watch package delivery pretty close here due to porch pirates. It is sad but a fact of life in this area. With Dad now at the board and care I don't mail order much.

Flo good to hear internet back up and running, I would be lost without mine.

I do have some paperwork stuff to get to today. Then just more straightening/organizing in the sewing room. I went to Open Sew in Antioch yesterday and made good progress on my Starry Night quilt. I am posting a picture. Just one more sashing strip and then sew the four sections together. I do plan to put like a 2 inch border around it which isn't part of the pattern.

DH is working today so just me home. My daughter lives 3 1/2 hours away and is working and son is all the way in SD so they can't come. I do like being home alone though. Nobody in my way. Well it is pill time so I best get. Again, Happy Mother's Day to all!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun May 14, 2023 6:42 am

Happy Mothers day to all!
Yesterday after Joe left for work, I get a call from DS1...my 10 yr old DGD, the one who us autistic, wanted to visit. They live about 1 mile away. They get here, and DGD is dragging a big suitcase and a Walmart bag. Suitcase had her favorite toys and stuffed animals, Walmart bag her supper....she was running to Grammas house for a visit. It was adorable. We played a bit, she had her supper & a bowl of ice cream and was ready to go home. I loved every bit of it.
Today we will have lunch with kids. Joe and DS1 cooking .
Have a great day!
Flo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun May 14, 2023 7:12 am

Good morning. Happiest of Mother's Day to you all. This morning we will be going to have Mother's Day breakfast with the parents at the Elks lodge. After that I plan to play in my room.

My kids live too far away to come for a visit, I'm sure I will get phone calls today. As much as I would love to have them here, I also love just hearing from them.

Judi, I've always wanted to see a 3D printer in person. I'd love to watch it work. Pretty cool that Sophia saved up her money to buy one, she could have bought almost anything and I think she chose wisely. I also have a hexi kit gathered for any doctor visits.

Lois, everything new has a learning curve. I have no doubt you will master that frame. what an exciting adventure. Are you cooking a whole turkey?

Diane, enjoy your lunch, will you be eating out or in?

Becca, watermelon, pineapple and strawberries are some of my favorites. Hope it's a great Mothers day.

Valerie, I also like being home alone. And I like the TV off. Nice to have quiet and do what I want. I often think about those who have no advocates. Jerry has told me more than once that if I wasn't making things move along he would likely give up with frustration. Really sad isn't it? I didn't end up tracing my flower, but I am going to get it done today so my blocks can be in Monday's mail. I have to get ready for June's lotto.

Flo, what a heart warmer. DGD must feel very safe and loved with you. very cool.

I need to move it along, you all have a wonderful day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun May 14, 2023 7:20 am

Good Perfect Day......

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all! Hope you get many extra hugs & kisses today.
I received a beautiful flower arrangement with some sunflowers. Sweet girls.

Today would be a good day to wash the porch chairs. I have a new bird trying to use the hummingbird feeder, dark back with an orange chest. The bright light is behind it so I can't get a good look at it.

Have a great day!
Love & lots of Prayers.....................Kathy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun May 14, 2023 7:45 am

Good morning!

Happy Mother's Day! A wonderful day to remember our mothers and all those, our aunts , sisters, mentors and teachers that helped us along this path of life! What blessings we received, and now share with others.

My kids will be over today, bringing food! I usually give them a bad time about mother's day - telling them I can't be bribed just one day a year, it needs be every day! They still don't listen and try anyway! LOL!

I'll be in the Batt Cave playing and cleaning up what those pesky fairies always miss. I did succumb and bought the Kimberbell pattern the other day. Now to see if there's a kit nearby. I'm bad! I know!

Enjoy your day,
Hugs,
Jana

DouceFleur

Post by DouceFleur » Sun May 14, 2023 7:46 am

Hello everyone!

Passing by to wish you all a " Happy Mother's Day" and a wonderful day full of sunshine in your heart! Also sending prayers to all in need!

Love & Hugs

Denise xoxoxo

Return to “Sew ins”