Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday May 13th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Saturday May 13th

Post by grammiequilts » Sat May 13, 2023 3:53 am

Good morning it is cloudy and warm...Might have to do a few windows today...Yesterday I was outside a lot cleaned my car inside and out then guess what happened....It rained a bit....today we will get outside for some grass cutting anf weed eating.
It is supposed to rain again but we shall see.
I started a little work on the August block...tracing the designs,,,and I filled my needle keepers for the hospital hand work...I will take my hexi quilt project with me..
.We got the word we need to be there at 8 am ( not 530am) Apparently they have a light surgery schedule that day and will start surgeries a little later..new rules///
Since the cdc has lifted the restrictions no masks are needed and they cancelled Ken's Covid test too.
Well I need to get breakfast going,,,(high protien) so it will be eggs and sausage. Hope you all have a great beautiful day,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Saturday May 13th

Post by fabricgirl » Sat May 13, 2023 4:13 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow,

I was up early just sitting and watching tv until Bill get up just had my breakfast pancakes and bacon I will make his when he gets up and ready for it he takes medication then he has to wait a bit.
Yesterday we cleaned then we went to shoprite local grocery store got fish and dd coffee and came back.
Today its suppose to be warm 80⁰ and cloudy
Nice morning to have coffee on the deck for a while.
There is nothing planned so will figure out that later.
Judi it's great that you don't have to be in a rush but I don't know what the traffic is like in your neck of the woods.
Before you know it you'll have owl finished and I haven't even started mine yet :lol: .

Well thats the story from my neck of the woods I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat May 13, 2023 4:18 am

Good morning everyone.
Well my four legged alarm clocks were nice to me this morning. I got to sleep till 4am. I won’t know what to do with myself this morning. We had rain during the night but not a lot. Today I am going to get the graduation quilt layered and maybe start quilting it. I am not doing anything fancy. The middle of the quilt is a panel with a sun. I am going to stitch around the edges and then outside of it I have lines that I am going to do. Well, I am going to get my second cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat May 13, 2023 5:36 am

Morning
Been raining here every day last 9 days....its very soggy, but we need the rain. Need to mow, but weather not cooperating.
A few weeks ago our internet was hooked up. Yes! Been watching Amazon Prime...currently watching Bosch series.5 yrs ago Joe nicked the fiberoptic cable while installing propane line for house...local telephone company that provides service wanted to replace line from street....that's 900 feet and tearing up entire driveway....home office finally said they were to repair line. So glad it's over. Miller has own phone company with only 700 residents. Common in small communities out here.
Not sure what this weekend holds.
Happy Mothers day weekend
Flo

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat May 13, 2023 7:13 am

Good morning overcast skies today which I like Keeps heat away Whoops sun just came out Glad I walked early
We are doing our Mothers day today DGD & her family are coming this morning
Judi I pray Kens surgery goes well
Flo Guess the rain is needed but it keeps you from yard work
Lois Your Breakfast sounds good
Suz So glad your friend was happy over her quilt It makes us feel better

I had a delivery last evening It was food I wouldn’t have heard them but Mark did
When we got home from shopping yesterday there was a box sitting in front of garage you have to watch because they put them wherever
I hope all my friends have a wonderful Morhers day I will be getting ready for Church so I will be busy.
Hugs. Becca

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat May 13, 2023 7:51 am

Good morning Girls

Would you believe I’m up, showered and dressed already? I’m already glued to the embroidery Machine as I have about 25 more patches to get done between today and tomorrow. For those of you With embroidery machines, you’ll appreciate this, each patch takes 28 minutes to stitch with 5 thread changes

I’m typing on my iPad and man is it touchy! Guess I’ll go back to the computer. As soon as I can take a break. I’ll be back

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat May 13, 2023 9:41 am

Good morning!

Made the trip up to SLC, and it's waiting time for the funeral service to start. Michael was being a worrywart about where to park. The church is just barely out of the downtown area and so there's not many spaces at the building

So not much going on here. I will be sewing a bit. I need to drag everything back to the Batt Cave. The family will be over for dinner tomorrow. Kate and Aaron are cooking dinner for me and the other kids are coming too. All I know what we'll eat is smoked brisket. My favorite!

Kari has been contacted by a head hunter and has a job that may work. She is getting her resume updated and together. We'll see what comes of this.

Daniel is working on my shelves, a good thing. Ethan has a special performance today at the Tulip Festival. The Tulip Festival is a huge deal here in the spring. It's raining slightly right now, so hope it clears before the concert, the venue is outdoors.

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat May 13, 2023 2:50 pm

Here I am, late again. I actually spent most of the day sewing. Piecing fabric for church quilts. Also for backs. Got beautiful flowers delivered from one of my sons. Another sent a gift certificate to eat out. Tomorrow our friends are riding with us to go see TV celebrity on RFD-TV: Molly B of Molly B Polka Show. She isn't taping any new shows, but does do tours.
Yes, there is dancing. Fun day tomorrow.

Hope you all have Happy Mother's Day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat May 13, 2023 4:15 pm

Hello my friends. What a marvelous and productive day. Did a bit of weed eating. Then I took a load to the thrift store, which cost me $20. Found some short sleeve button up shirts for Jerry. And if it cools off this evening, I will be doing a bit more weed eating.

Judi, said a prayer for Ken's upcoming surgery. Bet he will be glad when it's done and he is home recouping. Did you get those windows done?

Lois, hope it was the best unplanned day ever. Nice to not have anything on your list that must be done.

Flo, it's so hard to imagine rain when we are having almost 90 degree weather. I'm ready to see cooler weather here but there is a very long summer that still hasn't happened yet.

Suzette, panels are so convenient. It will surely be a beautiful quilt.

Becca, did you order food or did someone send you food? My aunt used to always send my grandma Omaha Steaks. She'd call grandma and tell her when to expect them. Grandma would call me and then our day would be phone calls, waiting for the UPS person to deliver and looking all over for the package. Then I would be called to bring the package inside, open it and put it away. Grandma would give me the things she didn't like and we'd do it again for the next holiday. At the time it was a pain but looking back I would love to do it again. Thanks for that memory. I miss my grandma often.

Maryq, how big are the patches? Are they for a sleeve or for something else? Very cool that you can make them. If I calculated, it right you have almost 12 hours left before you are done. It will be a long day.

Jana, hope the funeral and the brisket went well.

Velda, happy sewing.

When I am done here, I want to trace a flower for the lotto and get it ready to sew. I really want to try to send in 4 each month, not sure why I picked 4, but that's the goal,

Hope you girls have a marvelous evening. I am going to find some dinner. Not sure what to have but there is a Costco rotisserie chicken in the fridge.

Happy Mothers Day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”