Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday May 11,2023

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Thursday May 11,2023

Post by maryq » Thu May 11, 2023 7:36 am

Good Morning All

Another gorgeous morning! So grateful for days like this when the sun is shining and it's not snowing and I have no place I have to be and I can dilly dally around all day long! I had a weird dream last night that I was back to work and trying to set up my computer... What a treat it was to wake up and realize that it was a DREAM!!!

Since I'm running a little late this morning I won't chat with all of you. I need to fire up the embroidery machine. 32 patches done, 33 to go. I'll take a break to run into the post office to straighten out the change of address mess. I told DB Greg that he could keep my bills but just send me back my fabric (oh and my mail order meds!)

Ok, my mind just went blank.. Guess I better grab my coffee and take my shower... that will probably wake me up! If I get a chance I'll come back later!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu May 11, 2023 8:44 am

Good morning. It's starting to be a beautiful day. We are starting to warm up.

There is a yard sale this weekend and in it is a Singer Quantum XL1 sewing machine. I am told that if it doesn't sell, I can have it for $20. I'd like to have it. I enjoy cleaning up machines and seeing how they work. I did the same with a Janome 2212 that I got at a thrift store for $15. It's a good machine but and very basic. Great for taking to a class or as a back up.

I will be taking a class at the end of this month and through June. It's beginning quilting, kind of a refresher course for me. After that I will sign up for the advanced class.

Lois, please welcome Wesley into the world for me. When will you see him? don't forget to add a gentle smooch from me.

Valerie, hope the wound dressing works for your dad and he heals quickly. Sorry the dressings are so expensive, too bad you can't get a prescription for them. Can they be considered for billing in his part B as an outpatient procedure? How's the back doing, better I hope.

Lyn, glad you will see DD and Maddox for the weekend. What fun for both of them to get to spend a camping weekend away from home.

Maryz, safe travels. The rental prices I see here for apartments rival yours. The kids who bought grandma's house for $375k have a house payment of $2,400 (I assume it includes property tax and homeowners insurance) Crazy isn't it?

Katy, I would question if your chiropractor is really a chiropractor. Call the licensing board to see if he is legit. He does seem fishy. I'd hate for him to yank on something and cause you harm.

Maryq, Hoping your post office delivery stuff is correct. The package I sent you says it's out for delivery in your town so I am hoping you get it today.

I believe it's time for me to go play in my room. And since no one mentioned laundry I will take over the laundry room and wash my bedding. You all have a groovy day
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu May 11, 2023 1:28 pm

Oh happy day! I am getting my 40 fabulous years quilt back today. 4pm is the charming hour. All custom done. She quoted me $800 and is charging just $520!. Can't wait
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”