Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday May 10,2023

Daily discussions.
velvet

Re: Wednesday May 10,2023

Post by velvet » Wed May 10, 2023 8:35 am

Good mid-morning to all. Had an early appt. to get my yearly mammo done. Have no problems usually and don't expect any this year either.
Please check out the "Travelling Vietnam Wall" It is a copy of the Washington one-only smaller in size. All the rest is the same. The qov group I'm with is Myrtle Beach shore birds. There will be a small presentation there for 5 vets. I am super thrilled to be 1 of 5 who have made the quilts and will present them ourselves. I have plans to have plenty of tissues in my pockets. It will be very difficult to hold myself together. It will in Valor Park, Market Commons area, Myrtle Beach. If you're anywhere close, it would be worth the ride here. If I can I'll try to get pics to show. Just to be among these wonderful vets for a few hours I'll cherish for a life-time. Oops! tissue time for me.

Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed May 10, 2023 8:54 am

Maryq, room temp eggs fluff up better and mix easier, The "Natural eggs" Have what is called a bloom...they come out of the chicken that way and it protects the eggs from infection ( isnt God Marvelous how He does things?) Im not sure what pasterized eggs are,,,??? When eggs are washed the bloom is washed off and the shells are porous and bad things can get in spoiling the eggs...The unwashed eggs sometime look gross..but i wash them before cracking them into the bowl....I also never crack dirrectly into the mixer, just in case...xxxxxooooo

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed May 10, 2023 9:31 am

Good morning from Grain Valley, MO. Got here yesterday afternoon, set up and said hello to a couple of friends. Not sure how long we will be here, a week or two. Will know more tomorrow after Dr. appts.

Katy, I don't know about regular insurance, but if you are using Medicare the Dr. may not file. The Chiro DH went to in Texas said that he no longer does Medicare. Medicare requires the Dr. to set a plan of how many appts it will take to fix you. If you decide that you're doing Ok and don't finish the appts as scheduled, the Dr. gets in trouble and Medicare won't pay or fines the Dr.

MaryQ, so did your brother decide he's traveled enough or just wanted a home base again? You have a designer for embroidery, did that person make a design for your son's business?

Moving slow this morning, guess I'm tired from the 2 days of driving. We stayed at Newmar Sunday and visited with friends that we'd met there in past years. That turned out to being a double plus. She is having to deal with a DH with health issues, too, and needed some shoulder time and extra hugs. The second plus was, we missed the 5+ inches of rain and some hail at the campground in Chadham, IL, on Sunday evening.

Just had a friend stop and visit, as I was trying to post. Time to get some things done. Hope everyone has a good day.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”