Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday May 8th

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Monday May 8th

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon May 08, 2023 7:28 am

Good Sunny Morning.............

Total blue sky, might be able to open a window this afternoon.
Have odd & ends to do & some sewing plus embroidering. Chicken & zucchini for dinner. That's my whole day!

I've been doing lots of thinking about switching my bed room for my sewing room. I'm going to do some measuring to see is I can fit my bedroom stuff in the sewing room. My hand sewing needle container is a mess so many odds & ends needles.

Love & Prayers...........Kathy

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon May 08, 2023 7:43 am

I'm back the orthopedic visit went well I'm off the anti inflammatory s
I can take 1 if I need it but yes keep wearing the compression socks and I have to admit they really make a difference and no I don't need to go back.

I still don't know what I feel like doing will probably go for my table tomorrow.
Mary Z I'm using my machine it has an 11 1/2 inch throat on it so that will work.

Lois

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon May 08, 2023 7:52 am

Good Morning Girls

Tis a wee bit overcast this morning, but it's all good. I won't be going outside much today, so I don't think I'll be needing sunscreen at all! :lol: You'll find me at the sewing machine whipping up patches!

Judi.. Being that it's overcast here today, it's probably a good day for windows! I only have 10, but since I did them last fall I'm not in a rush.. maybe when I get back from WI, the mood will hit me. Nice of you to make cookies for the boys at the rink. Do they keep ice on it all summer too? Or use it for other things?

Diane.... Is there a "moving" VN Wall , like a part it goes from place to place... or do you mean the emotionally moving Wall? I've been to the real one in Washington, DC. It's an awesome place. Very moving indeed, and there's a quietness about it. Folks talk in whispers, if at all.

Lois.... Looking for the right table for your Cutie? It bet is has to be pretty sturdy. As for the wash.... save it for tomorrow, there will be more to add to it then!

Becca... Thanks for the PM with good news on Gabe.. Yes little boys are sometimes hard to pin down, but It's a good sign that he feels good enough to want to run!!!

Flo... You are getting to be a real farmer with chickens and planting trees and growing blackberries. Do you plant a big veggie garden too?

Izzy.... Oh my gosh, what will you do with all that spare time next year with only one school!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You know I'm being facetious! I do think you have plenty to keep you busy though.

Maryz... Yes I found what I needed, and hoping I bought enough. So far they are stitching out perfectly. Am hoping Kris will stop by today and take a peek and let me know that they are okay. Unfortunately a couple other little things fell in my cart---- a FQ bundle I couldn't resist and a couple remnant pieces that were a good deal. Sounds like you have a full day ahead of you, I have my vacuum cleaner sitting out and ready to go if you'd like to stop by and run that around for me!

Valerie... You need flannel? At the warehouse yesterday I walked by all their beautiful flannel... It's all the good stuff, not the stuff like at Joann... so soft. Sells for about $6.yd. I could have gone crazy... but then I can anytime I'm at the warehouse!

Jana.... Fingerprints of little ones, are art work! There will come a day when they are gone and you will miss them.... take my word for it!

Kathy... Throw open those windows and enjoy the beautiful day!! It's a perfect day for breathing in some fresh air! If I didn't have those darn patches to sew, I'd be on my patio with a good book!

Chriss.... Looking forward to hearing what happens at your appointment today!

Speaking of patches, I better get to it. Need to run the vacuum cleaner quick and then get to work. I'm hoping Kris will stop by and take a look, but I better keep going. I have to have them done before I go to WI ...

Will fill up my coffee and get busy!

Happy Monday Every one

Return to “Sew ins”