Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday May 7

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Sunday May 7

Post by WeSignificant » Sun May 07, 2023 2:08 am

Well this is the second time I am starting this thread as I somehow clicked out of the first one. So I will start with Happy Sunday to you all. Have had a few busy days and yesterday apparently effects of something I should not have ate and not sure what it was but possibly popcorn. That is the only way I eat corn and it says I can have corn but go figure.

Jana I have never seen two dishwashers like that. I will have to look next time I go to the appliance store. That would be perfect for DH and I although mine is only a couple years old. Mine is pretty up to date, rinse only don't have to wash them first, water saving (uses 4 gallons a load) and runs very quiet. It has a red light that shines on the floor so you know it is running. Hope you find something new soon.

Judi hears hoping that the surgery goes well. I am not sure I understand why he can't take his pain meds but there must be a reason.

Maryz you are right, Parliament and the Prime Minister really run the country and yes the RF bring in a lot of $$ in the tourist trade. Monarchy's have for a very long time arranged marriages and Charles and Diana's probably was all though that has never really been confirmed. But you must have an heir to keep the line going. Many European and countries still have Monarchies. It's not the American way but it is their way. I was raised with both influences so I am okay with them. My DH has to clean our bathroom (well the tub) because my back won't bend that way.

Kathy so happy to hear Kim is out of hospital. Maybe it was just the blood thinners? What an ordeal she has been through.

Suzette hoping DH recovers quickly. I know it is not easy when the men are under the weather.

Judi I thought we were in Spring but have had rain for the good part of the last week.

Diane travel mercies to your DH. Hope they get things fixed up quickly.

Lyn sure seems like the RV has been giving you some headaches lately or is that my imagination?

Maryq I don't believe a lot of what comes mostly from the Sussex household but that is just me. I get why people are not a fan of Camilla but it does take 2 to tango. Dianna was also not true to her marriage vows and many say she cheated first. Who knows. I am not a fan of the Sussex's at all and am patiently waiting for W/K to take the throne. I think there will be some positive changes in the UK then. Rotten by dates sounds like a good idea.

Flo glad to hear those chickens are protected. As we build into different animals habitats here, we are seeing more and more Coyote and Mountain lion sightings.

Lori I will have to look up that quilt also. I don't remember ever hearing of that designer?

Well off to get something to drink and then try to sleep a bit more. I will go to Free Sew today and attempt once again the rose block. It's a difficult pattern but I insist I will get through it. Need to leave time for a few more blocks. I will loose a week of sewing time when I leave for Vegas so need to keep the pedal to the medal.

Have a blessed Sunday everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday May 7

Post by fabricgirl » Sun May 07, 2023 3:13 am

Good morning,

I've been missing in action the past 2 days wasn't feeling good I had a bug.
Yesterday Bill put my cutie frame together the table I was going to put it on was a little short so then he went downstairs and brings my other table up it seemed to be a little bent where you fold it I think that happened when it came back from my son's house so I will get another table to put it on I want something portable so I can store it when not using the frame.
Today I have to put a load of wash on and straighten up thats about it for today.
Valerie enjoy your day.

Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sun May 07, 2023 3:45 am

Good morning everyone.
Hubby is on the mend. Yesterday afternoon he cut the grass. Tomorrow he goes to our primary care dr for a follow up on the ER visit. I am on the 2nd side of sewing down the binding of the Lori Holt quilt. Not much else going on here. Hubby’s daughters haven’t checked on him at all. It bothers me that they don’t. But, I guess that is life. Have a great day.
Suzette

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun May 07, 2023 4:55 am

Good morning all....Cloudy with a chance of storms today, Warm 77 for the high, it is currently 55 and we slept with the windows opened, Spring here in Michigan tends to be wet so it wether as usual.
Yesterday I went to DDs, Ken worked a little on the pantry but mostly chatted with DD...they talk about bizzarre stuff over Margaritas....I made "Mochi" with Sophia..Japanese donuts..they werent perfect but they tasted good. Now I have a story to tell........
Last year I asked for prayers for our Sophia,,,Drs said she had Fibirous liver and could even need a liver transplant eventually NoT fixable is what they said.....She also had an enlarged spleen which could be very dangerous also...But they said, she should never ever drink, stay away from dangerous activities and they would check it again. come back in 12 month to rescan and some lab work it wasnt severe but needed to be watched...and I asked for prayers....you responded with prayers...her latest scan (Friday ) showed a completely normal liver, and a completely normal spleen...Dr said "???" This doesnt go away and they just shrugged, SO if you dont think prayer works,,,think again,,,no one said miracle here and we arent for sure she will stay healthy,,but today we are THANKFUL! and THANKFUL is the word of the day.....God might notal show signs for every single prayer but I know he is listening, and today we thank Him for prayers answered....And I thank you all for prayers ......and today I ask you to be thankful XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ps Jana I had to look it up...Facinating...I woouldnt use them but I guess there is a place for everything,,,,I also noticed they are special order and not inexpensive,,,so glad you were able to get what you wanted...
Suzette so glad your hubby is better those steroids ac like miracle drugs sometimes...
Lois sorry you werent feeling well..but cannot wait to hear your quilting adventures....
Val 2 weeks before surgery Ken has to be off all supliments and any antiinflammatory,drugs (Motrin Aspirin, tumeric etc) and any vitamins due to the anticoagulant properties,of them. He comes home with adaquate pain meds and a blood thinner for 2 weeks...then he resumes his usual routine of motrin and tumeric...I think after this knee heals he wont need as much,,,he is only allowed tylenol right now...He does complain alot..but he complains a lot anyway....lol xxxooo

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun May 07, 2023 5:53 am

Happy sunny day to all.
Yesterday we gave quilts for 6 vets. 1 was a woman husband and wife team. She was thrilled that she and her husband were receiving at the same time. Everyone was very happy with their quilts. The hall was built recently and backed up to the intercoastal waterway. It will be a great when the back is finished. A peaceful and serene area for quiet time. So many of our vets returned with PTSD and this area may help. (My thoughts)

I have the sheets going and want to sew today. Leaving the cleaning for tomorrow. Picking up hubby from airport around 10 tomorrow night so I want to sew as much as I can today.

I'll check back later and I hope everyone is doing well.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 07, 2023 6:02 am

Good morning,

JUDI - so glad to hear Sophia is at least, in remission. I do believe in the power of prayer and I believe in miracles, too. Our proof is in our Amara who is a month old today. And I saw it during my years in the NICU. Ken's surgery is a week from Monday. I've got him on my calendar. So I'll remember to pray! Now about those windows . . . . How many more to go?

LOIS - I noticed you weren't around for a few days and I was hoping you were just having so much fun someplace that you forgot to stop by and say hello. Good to hear you're feeling better today. I hope you find a purrfect table. Will one of those white plastic tables at Costco/Sam's that fold in half work? We have one you can borrow.

SUZETTE - glad to hear your hubby is doing well now. Do you know what triggered his COPD attack?

VALERIE - A free sew day! Yay for you! How is your sewing room coming along? Did you miss a Starry Night class when you were gone for the wedding? And when are you leaving for Vegas? A whole week? Just you? How is your DBIL doing?

CHRISS - I've got Jerry on the calendar, too, for tomorrow. They've been kicking him around for too long! Did you go to the big garage sale? Find any treasures?

DIANE - that ceremony sounds purrfect. Have you ever presented to a husband/wife team before? PTSD is awful. I don't believe it's something you ever get over - you just, hopefully, learn ways to cope. And your efforts go a long way to that end. Thank you.

DH was gone yesterday and while the cat's away, you know what the mouse does! I played in my sewing room for five hours, making 2 different flower blocks and cleaning up my mess. Then I made chicken enchilada's for supper. I think today, laundry is calling me. And it's time to clean bathrooms, dust, vacuum, polish, sweep, & mop. There's a good reason we call these tasks UGH-lies. :( I also need to wash, dry, and label 36 jars of strawberry jam and find a place to store it all. Much of it will be going to Texas. And if I have any time left, I will cut out my fused pieces for OWL March, my third block.

May you all have a little cotton in your day!

mary z
>^+^<

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun May 07, 2023 7:20 am

Good Morning Girls

This will be a quick hello as I need to jump in the shower momentarily. I'm picking up my friend Peg for a mad dash to the fabric warehouse.. I'm on a mission to find some mid-weight canvas fabric. Did I tell you I'm being hired to make 65 patches for the local youth trap shooting team? I did a practice one on a denim scrap and it turned out perfect, but I need a lighter color for it to show up.

But before I go.... I too am a firm believer in the power of prayer.... I have seen it work time and time again. In 1980 my Mom had a cranial aneurism, they gave her a 50-50 chance of surviving surgery. She as 55 years old. Not only did she survive, but lived 30 more years. I just told God I still needed my Mom. And Dad would have been so very lost with out her. And when it was time for her to go, I prayed that God would grant her peace and He did .... He watched over her and us until the days she took her final breath.

Sorry I have to run, but I'll see you all tomorrow and in the meantime, may God bless all of you with a wonderful day!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun May 07, 2023 8:14 am

Good morning!

Prayer does work and is each is heard. If at times, you think, prayers aren't answered, you need to learn to wait on the Lord's time. We live in a world that wants instant answers and dealings ,but the Lord is in charge and does know best for us. We, as the Apostle Paul stated, look through the glass darkly. Each and every day there are, miracles in our lives. Look for them, some are mighty and great and very obvious, others are small,, tender mercies,, given to us. Remember always to give thanks for all given to us. Our prophet has been teaching us , "to let God prevail", in all we do. It works!

My new dishwashers willbe here Tuesday. Paper until then! LOL! A bit of sewing today, after church. Otherwise I hope it's quiet at my house.

Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun May 07, 2023 8:23 am

Good morning. It's going to be a beautiful day today. Sunny and dry, just the way I like it.

Yesterday I went to a town that had city wide yard sales. It was lots of fun. When I got home, I found that Jerry had cleaned the toilets, made me some granola and done a few other things around here. I wish he would just rest but he wants to do things. I thought about going to some yard sales today but instead will beat Jerry to anything needing to be done around here. Then, after I one up him on the jobs needing to be done, I will sew.

Valerie, so sorry that rose pattern isn't playing nice. The reviews said it was easily put together. I'm still figuring out my 4th flower and this morning looked at the poinsettia I have had sitting in my kitchen since before Christmas. It's beautiful, I think I will look for a poinsettia pattern. I have to agree about the whole monarchy thing. I was into it when Kate married William, but I was also into the wedding of Luke and Laura.

Lois, glad you are feeling better. hope you find the perfect table so I can hear how you like the cutie.

Suzette, hope DH's appointment goes well, glad he's on the mend.

Judi, Prayers for Ken and his medical team. Yay Sophia. God is good, what superb news. Cut up that confetti, her results are reason to celebrate.

Diane, your group is amazing, comforting so many vets with quilts.

Maryz, I saw a quilting machine called Amara the other day. I could come over and help you take that jam to Texas, we could leave in an hour. I think she needs strawberry jam for her one month birthday.

Maryq, glad you found a job, LOL. 65 is a lot of patches but it will be fun. Some day I will come there and have you take me to the fabric warehouse.

Kathy, glad you decided to snap out of it. Hope nothing but the best for Kimberly. I wish the best for you too.

Jana, perfectly said. It really is not easy to wait. I so very often have to remind myself that I am not in charge.

I have been wanting spaghetti for dinner. I bought some frozen zucchini noodles and butternut squash noodles. Not sure I have ever tried butternut squash. But the hamburger isn't thawed out yet so I will make some kind of turkey, broccoli, cheese, casserole for tonight and have spaghetti tomorrow.

But for now, I need to get dressed and start my day.

You all have a fantastic day and a great next week.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun May 07, 2023 11:14 am

Hello everyone I had to share on the power of prayer Nothing is impossible with God but we must wait on the Lord It’s all in his hands & in his time I have seen multiple prayers answered in my lifetime
Our little twins Brodee & Hadlee are both miracles The Drs call them miracles
Gods will must be done not ours but he always hears every prayer we pray never doubt
Becca
Thankful Sophie is healed & our little Frankie is another miracle They were told they could never have a baby

Return to “Sew ins”