Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, May 6th

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Saturday, May 6th

Post by maryq » Sat May 06, 2023 8:18 am

Good Morning Girls

Where oh where did my sunshine go!!! One of you out there must have it! Cloudy and rainy here alllllll day! No place I have to go today, except to run down to the kids house and check on the cat---they are in Wisconsin this weekend. As soon as I get couple chores done, I'm headed to the sewing room---haven't been there for a couple days and I'm starting to get the hee-bee-jeebies!

Did any of you get up early to watch the Coronation? Not me! Not a fan of the whole monarchy, but I get that it's a big tradition etc... Pretty expensive tradition. Not a fan of Camilla either. I just watch with a little bit of interest the feud between William and Harry, though I believe only 1/2 of it!

Suzette.... Glad to hear your DH's tests came out clear. Hope he feels better soon, though the steroids and antibiotic should do the trick!

Judi.... When is Ken's surgery? Hope it's soon so he can get back on his pain meds...Will keep him in prayers for quick recovery!

Diane...How do you keep dry eyes when you wrap a Vet in his quilt? I'd be a blubbering mess! What an honor tho to be a part of that!

Flo.... Years ago my Dad has chickens and peacocks on his little hobby farm. All fenced in and covered. Because he didn't live right there they critters found they way in. Are you going to sell the eggs once they start laying?

Becca.... Lucky you to have fresh fruit so close to you!! I looked at strawberries here and they were awful! How is little Gabriel doing?

Katy.... Sounds like Saturday chores at your house too! I was thinking about postponing mine until tomorrow, and calling them Sunday chores instead, just because I don't feel like scrubbing toilets and floors today after all!

Lyn.... All your repairs done? A day to relax today and then hitting the road tomorrow? Do you have your path to Canada planned out? Any stops in Minnesota along the way?

Maryz..... I wish instead of Best Buy dates they would put "ROTTEN BY" or THROW AWAY BY dates!
LOVE raspberry jam!! There's a brand at the store I buy, probably a little more $$ but I read about the family that makes it---they go all the way back to WWII--they helped Jews get out of Germany during that time, so I buy their jelly!

DIL -Kris is hiring me to embroider some patches for the high school trap shooting team and since I finally got the design back from the digitizer person, I'm going to test it out and see how it goes. I've never embroidered patches before but after watching a couple You tube videos it doesn't look to difficult.! Wish me luck.

And now my coffee is cold so I need a refill and then will putts around a with a quick shine up. Somehow I've gotten ants in my kitchen YUK... so I need to set out some ant baits! yuk

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat May 06, 2023 8:51 am

Good Sunny Morning..............

I'm back, I just got into a bad slump about Kimberly being ill & me not being able to get down there. Her update is, she gets out of hospital today. They could find nothing bleeding. Took her off Tylenol & blood thinner. Wait & see is the plan. Thank you for all your prayers.
The computer gave me a real hard time today & then QIAD wanted me to sign-in. BUT on my little note book it says "Snap Out of It". So I decided that is just what I'll be doing.
I have not accomplished much....the cleaning girl was here yesterday & I cleaned the frig. Today I'll be in the sewing room all day, After I get dressed.

Suzette.....I'm happy your DH was mostly cleared by the Dr. he"ll be feeling better soon. There's been too much coverage of the King.

Judi.......really sounds like Spring at your house. I need to call my grass man for a Spring clean up. Happy sewing today!

Diane........how wonderful your DD can pop up to LI to help DD. How nice you could get lost in time in you sewing room

Flo.......I'm surprised any little chicks make it with so many predictors out there. Have a wonderful dinner.

Becca......berries won't be ready here for 5 weeks or so. don't spend too uch time cleaning.

Katy.........I hope Jim is paying attention to his pills. I'm so ready for some flowers.

Lyn.......I'm hopping for better weather here after a week of clouds & rain. What are you going with your dimes? I think you're better off with can goods under the bed.

Lori.......can't wait to see you finished quilt, best of luck with the fair. We know you will be having a great day at the quilt show.

Maryz......looks like Spring at your house too. That's what jam says to me. I love Raspberry or apricot. Just about everyone lover jam for a gift. Still have a little embroidery to do on my houses. Working on it today.

Love & Prayers.....................Kathy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat May 06, 2023 8:59 am

Mary Q - 'twas I. I sent you the clouds and rain. I was done with them yesterday and thought it best to 'recycle' them! lol! I hear ya on heebie jeebies. I've only had an hour or two here and there this past week to spend in my play room. But today - watch my smoke! Several years ago my SIL made patches for a sports team like you are doing. Took a few practice shots at it, but they all turned out nice in the end. I'm not a big fan of royalty either. Camilla looks mean. And maybe she has reason to be since Elizabeth refused to allow her and Charles to marry way back when but forced him to marry Diana instead. And look what happened! And I know they are spending a king's ransom (no pun intended) on this coronation, but they say it will bring in more than 10 times that much on tourism, souveniers, etc. So - come see, come saw. And the royals don't really rule any longer, but are more just figure heads. I bet though, when Bill & Kate come to the throne, things will change a lot !

KATHY - glad to hear Kim is out of the hospital. Where is she going? I hadn't thought about apricot jam. Though I was considering blueberry and plum this morning . . . . Glad to have your update on your HSH blocks. Thanks!

mz

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat May 06, 2023 9:43 am

Good morning!

Well, the dishwashers went kaput! Water all over! I guess since we are dealing all over the state with flood problems, and I am on a hill, Mother Nature thought I needed some water problems too! I have a call into the store for a new set of dishwashers. They are checking on install lead time. I hope it's quick! I hate hand washing dishes! Paper plates here I come! Just called back - Tuesday afternoon! Reminds me of a old Moody Blues song, which I loved. On the phone ordering right now and paying for it - done- that's easy when you know what you want. So happy Michael has a magic turnip that spits money!

Not much else here, some dishes need to be done and sewing will happen.

Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat May 06, 2023 10:45 am

JANA - ouch! more appliances! I guess that's what happens when you buy a new house - all the appliances die at the same time. It happens with lightbulbs, too. Or it used to. I dont' understand lightbulbs anymore. :lol: Glad you'll be getting your new ones soon. We had to wait 3 months and had 4 different delivery dates that came and went.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat May 06, 2023 1:39 pm

Maryq Kens surgery is a week from Monday...they have him stop all meds except his diabetic meds...And he has a BP drug too. All the rest he takes are vitamins and suppliments,,,all stopped 2 weeks before the surgery. He is able to take tylenol but he says that dooesnt really do anything,
Jana you said dishwashers Plural does that mean you have 2 of them???I hardly ever run mine lately...I love washing dishes,,,but Since I have a dishwasher I do use it for big messes...
Maryq We had your sunshine all day and now we have used it up....it is cloudy now.......

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat May 06, 2023 4:05 pm

Judi

Yes I have two dishwashers. But there not exactly what you're thinking. They are called dish drawers, and are stacked one on top of each other. Together they fit in a regular dishwasher space. They each hold a regular size dinner plates, glasses, etc. They run totally independently of each other. You can run just one or both at the same time. They are perfect for just two people in the house, who don't dirty many dishes in a day. My cookie sheets and pans fit as well. They are also water saving friendly. They are hard to find, as they are a specialty.

Jana

Return to “Sew ins”