Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, May 5th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Friday, May 5th

Post by suzette58 » Fri May 05, 2023 12:02 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday was a long day. I started trimming the edges of my Lori Holt quilt and ended up having to take hubby to the ER. He has COPD and was having an attack. He had used his nebulizer and inhaler and it still was acting up. We have a lot of pollen right now and the dr thinks that is what caused it. Everything is OK. All his tests came back fine. Which is great. Today I have some yard work to do and then hopefully sew the binding on the quilt. I have to also make the label for it. I am going to go back to bed. The dogs have eaten and been out and are back asleep. So it’s my turn. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

WeeOne

Re: Friday, May 5th

Post by WeeOne » Fri May 05, 2023 3:46 am

Good morning everyone.

Suzette, I hope your DH is better today.

MaryQ, I try to not drive if it's high winds. We've stayed an extra day wherever we've been if the wind or weather is really bad. As for staying in the MH, the Tech comes across the street to the campground at 6 a.m. and takes the Coach into the shop. Then brings it back a little after 2 p.m. There are times when a person has to stay at a hotel, like when our windshield was replaced and they wanted it to stay in the shop overnight so the seal had time to dry.

They should be done today. We will probably leave Sunday. We have friends, that we met here a couple years ago, on their way here for their service next week. They will get here tomorrow, so we'll spend a little time visiting before leaving.

Have a Blest Day.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri May 05, 2023 4:19 am

HAppy Cinco de Mayo, We arent having Mexican food today but will have the grass fed beef burgers I bought yesterday...It is a sunny day today and will go up to 69,,,,I will take it...I have some windows to do that is my plan. Half of the house is sunny and those windows cannot be done but there are plenty that can be done.
I ordered a bedside table yesterday and it should come today. Last time we used a TV tray table and it was hard for ken to eat off it...So I will try this...I also got out the commode chair the shower chair and his walker...all need to be cleaned and reassembled...
Had a nice time shopping the market yesterday lots of vendors with jewelry( I didn't buy) and crafts, but I did get some meat form the farm and there was a lady there with home made pierogi. We have bought from her before when I needed a Polish fix,,,, I have a dozen farm fresh eggs that aren't washed and can be kept at room temp...So maybe I will bake this weekend..I need to stock up my freezer with bakes goods too...I love to bake but we cannot eat a lot of sweets so I freeze or give away,
I finished my 4th OWL block last night and I cut out the border blocks..if I get time I will work on those...a little laundry too,,,always something to do to keep me out of trouble...Hope your troubles are few XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PS My DD got her degree yesterday,,,,she has 23 yrs on and off since she first started college...she has to stop and change her mind a few times and have the kids too,,,,but she finally finish it all Her degree is in Medical Information Technology,,,She will get a substancial raise at her job and will still have a full time m remote job...IT pays very well and they are always looking for people to do it...I beat her by 6 yrs,,,I finished nursing school at 36,,,and she is 42,,,,xxx
Last edited by grammiequilts on Fri May 05, 2023 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri May 05, 2023 4:21 am

Good morning to all.
Suzette- hope your hubby is feeling better. We are done with the lovely pollen for the season I hope. We had a lot of rain when it began a while ago and that helped wash it off the trees.
Lyn- how long is your trip back home? Enjoy your quick visit with your friends.

Today my hubby is going to LI to DD's to help my DSIL with some electric work at their house. I'll take him to the airport this afternoon and pick him up Monday. Tomorrow I'm helping with a QOV at a American Legion at noon. I've never been there so it should be fun. So my schedule for the weekend is sewing, qov, sew and sew some more until hubby's pick up. Oh the pain of it all!! -but I'll handle it. LOL. LOL.
Hope to get the blocks all done for Agave pattern. Also have finished blocks for a top and maybe even 2 for the for charity. Made in light blues from Daryl (Andover fabrics) Just have to sew the rows together, press and off they go to Margo. YAHOO!!
The other Diane will be back from Rhode Island on Tuesday so I have to get my stuff done before we start back with cutting kits.

I hope everyone has a great day and definitely enjoy your weekend (I know I will)
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri May 05, 2023 4:24 am

Good morning,

SUZETTE - I hope your hubby is feeling better today. Does an air purifier help with pollen?

MARY Q - I bet you are glad to get some of those totes out of your garage! I hope you double checked that you didn't accidentally load up some of your own stuff that you want to keep!

JANA - I bet Karlie looked cute with her Princess buns. Interesting about the genetic health discoveries. I do hope your nephew continues to improve now that he's getting proper care. Withholding medical care seems like it should be a prosecutable offense. What does Aaron think?

LYN - I think the quilt I made recently for our friend, Bob, who bought the fifth-wheel was the Bigfoot quilt. I put 5 Bigfoots in a forest of trees. Did you get any flowers made from your FQ's? We try to get off the road, too, if we're in high winds. I-80 across Wyoming can be treacherous! Glad your work will be done today, you'll get to see your friends, and then you'll be off to visit kids, right?

TINA B - Have you got that sewing room set up yet?

DIANE - you are going to be having a sewing weekend for sure!

CHRISS - I'm loving the flowers you've made so far. Did you find your fourth? I hope you get to go to the town garage sale. Which town is it? Maybe I've been there. . .

JUDI - You had a busy day yesterday! You reminded me that it's Cinqo de Mayo. And it just happens that I was planning fajitas or enchiladas for supper. Guess we're celebrating! Might even mix up a margarita!
What bad luck that both of Sophia's parents have that same gene. But the boys are both OK? We're wondering about Vicki's kids. If even one parent has Huntington's, a person has a 50% chance of getting it. Vicki's mom had it and so did her brother. Her kids refuse to be tested.

BECCA - how is Frankie doing? She passed her one month birthday! Are you getting any pictures? How is Mom feeling?

Yesterday I had a massage and ran a few errands. I found strawberries on sale at Fred Meyer (Kroger) that looked so good I loaded up and spent the afternoon making jam. Turns out I had just enough sugar for one batch so I'll be buying more sugar later this morning when we run to Costco for a few other things. I noticed at the grocery store that prices on many things have taken another HUGE jump - milk, salad oil, Miracle Whip to name a few. I skipped buying some things that are usually on my list. Katy's got the right idea - I should plant a big garden! Yesterday I also did a little fusing of my OWL Feb block, then set up my travel machine. I need to stitch down the first layer of "fusings" and then I'll fuse and stitch the second layer. Hope that makes sense. I also want to play around with some May lotto blocks. Chriss's are awfully pretty. They give me something to shoot for. And I'll be making a second batch of jam.

Wishing us all a good day!
mary z
>^+^<

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri May 05, 2023 5:04 am

Morning
Yesterday got the chickens in their outside run and coop. At 9 it was dark and rai y and they were huddling in corner of run, too dumb to go back inside...I went into run and had to put them one by one into coop. Then I locked them inside.
I also got blackberries mulched just in time to get most from rain.
Today is a relax day. I have a few errands to run also.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri May 05, 2023 7:14 am

Good morning!

Chilly, cloudy and a bit of rain in my day here. The run-off of snow melt is starting to cause flooding in homes. So far, most of the water has been channeled away, but Mother Nature has other ideas. We are fine here in Herriman. Our little creeks are behaving. There are two and I live between both of them,, on higher ground. We're fine..

Today, the Batt Cave needs some attention, so I will spend some time down there. Everyone will be down there today. Daniel works from home on Fridays. Kari has a virtual job interview next Tuesday. It's a place near home here, that she'd really would like to work at. She isn't very happy with her current company, and neither are many of her co-workers. Many have left, not a good sign!

Well, time to get my day going here, I've been a slug long enough,

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri May 05, 2023 7:31 am

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Friday! Up a little bit earlier than normal this morning, had to you-know-what and it couldn't wait any longer. But now that I'm up, I have my coffee and am ready to chat and start my day with a smile!

Suzette... So glad your DH's test came back ok! Scary to have to take a trip to the ER though. Do they give him prednisone when he has attack like that? Or just nebulize him again? Were you able to get back to sleep? Sometimes when I wake up in the night, it's tough to get back to sleep, as the brain doesn't want to shut down again!

Lyn... Ok, so then what do you do while your MH is in the shop? You can't just sit in your car all day? :lol: Is there like a community room where you can hang out? Are you heading north when you leave on Sunday?

Judi.... Happy Cinco De Mayo to you too! Also today is "Alan Shepherd Day" better known as my brother Bill's Birthday.. In 1961 Alan Shepherd circled the earth and my brother was born. He's the baby! We used to dress him up in little girl clothes and parade him around the neighborhood!. Congratulations to your DD.. So great she can still work from home.

Diane... A weekend to yourself? YIPPEEE Sounds like you have a great plan for your little "me weekend" but then any weekend with sewing in the plan is a good one! As I was cleaning in my garage yesterday I came across a box of RWB fabric that I forgot I had... every time I see that patriotic fabric I think of you and the QOV team.

Maryz... OH yes it feels great to get that stuff out of my garage... I SO hope I can bring back EMPTY tote boxes. A lot of what I sent with Evie was/is KC's fabric and having gone from here saves me from looking through it AGAIN and thinking "Oh maybe I'll keep this" She had some gorgeous fabric and usually had all the coordinating pieces. Oh I love "Freddies" They have such fun stuff there! I went to buy MW at Sam's the other day... a two pack... the jars expired in August of '23! Another lady was going to buy some Mayo, so I warned her! That's silly!

Flo.... I can just picture you carrying silly chickens back into the coop!!! Hope you don't have any other critters in the area that would to have a chicken dinner!

Jana... We've been under flood warnings here for a last week or so. There's a little river than runs past the interstate highway I take all the time.... and the water is creeping up to the edge. Haven't seen it this high in years! What kind of work do Daniel and Kari do? One of my SIL's is an insurance underwriter and can work from home all the time too! Makes me think about getting a part time job at home too.. but then it would seriously cut into my sewing and play time!

Chriss..... SO how goes the battle with Dr.s office?

Have a whole list of errands to run today, so I better get in gear... Will run to Target and pick up a few things that Sam's doesn't carry---especially some Miracle Whip that doesn't expire!

Will see you all tomorrow! Have A Fabulous Friday!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri May 05, 2023 8:34 am

Maryq -

Kari is a insurance underwriter and handles most of the western states, 6 or 7 of them. Daniel is a architect. One of his current projects is a new campus at the Huntsman cancer center at the University of Utah. His specialities are schools and hospitals. Daniel is a retired fire captain too.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri May 05, 2023 8:56 am

Diane, we're 1125 miles from our Estes Park, CO, house. When we leave here we'll be stopping in the Kansas City area for a week or so, then Hays, KS, to see DD2 and Gkid, then on to Estes.

MaryZ, nope no cutting or sewing got done. Tech found a problem with bedroom slide out and I had to get a couple heavy duty fruit boxes and take everything out from under the bed so they could replace the motor. It was a warm sunny afternoon and so we sat outside and had a glass of wine.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”