Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday May 4,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday May 4,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Thu May 04, 2023 2:51 am

Good morning,

We are suppose to be in the low 50's today and there might be a shower.
Today is cleaning and some wash after that we have a few errands to run.

This will be my day today I hope you all have a nice day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Thursday May 4,2023

Post by grammiequilts » Thu May 04, 2023 4:04 am

Good morning The sun is shining today, Im not sure if it will stay but for now it is shining, i will continue to tidy up the house this morning and at noon a friend is coming by, She wants me to go to a farmers market with her, there is a beef farmer going to be there that sells grass fed beef and want to see what the prices are directly from the farmer...who is local. We were told it is a lot less expensive than the grocery store so we will check it out.
Not much else going on here,,,I am hoping it dries out so I can gt out side to work....would be nice if it warmed up too...we are supposed to get into the 60s so that will work...Hope your all getting the weather you wish for XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu May 04, 2023 4:45 am

Good morning It’s a sunny morning here and robe in 70s The wind is supposed to be less today Sure hope so Makes for rough walking or any outside work
I plan to go to some shops this morning Then clean house after that I just need a few items but They-are necessary ones
Lois Enjoy your Me day
Judi Hope you enjoy your Market trip I did when we went on Saturday
Your beef sounds like we used to buy it from a local man So much better
Have a Blessed Day and prayers for Thoae in need Becca

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu May 04, 2023 5:00 am

Good Sunny Morning and NO wind!!

Things are getting done on the Coach. Had a nice trip to Shipshewana yesterday. Only bought a few fat quarters at Yoder's and nothing from Lolly's. Found a new quilt shop in Middlebury with a very nice owner. I bought a couple fats and the Woods and Animal quilt pattern that MaryZ did recently. Today we're meeting some friends for lunch.

Hug fabric. Prayers for those in need.
Lyn

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu May 04, 2023 5:04 am

Morning
May the Forth be with you....
Last Saturday I made a run to doctor office...another uti. Urologist lowered dose on my meds because I was doing so well....guess it's going back up again.
But yesterday I finished weeding blackberries and have 2/3of them mulched to prevent weeds.
Grammie I will take your rain. We are entering another drought year. Rain totals down 4 inches in April.
Today I may finish mulching or I may take day off....
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 04, 2023 6:30 am

Good morning

FLO - sorry to read you have another UTI. Hope you caught it early. You are carefully tending your blackberries and here they are a nuisance and that's what I spend a lot of time doing in the yard - tending the blackberries, but I'm ripping out the briars! There are very few berries on them because we don't have enough sunshine in that part of the property. Though we do have a few big banks of Himalaya black berries and I do pick those. What variety of berries do you have?

JUDI - I hope your weather is nice for you. I peeked ahead and saw you have 70's and even an 80-degree day coming up in about a week . . 8-) 8-) Thanks for the heads up on the OWL fall/winter fabric being out. I will check our own tiny LQS, Sew Hip, today and see if they have it - if not, I'll order some. I wonder if QIAD will have it. I would rather order from them if possible.

LYN - I've been trying to think what animal quilt I did recently. North Stars by Eliz Hartman? How much longer will they be working on your rig? Is it still under warranty? Extended warranty? Or is this all out of your pocket? Glad you found some FQ's but not so many as to crowd you.

LOIS - happy cleaning/errand day! And this is the day you call YOUR day??

SHERRY - your leg problem isn't a sign of getting old - it's a sign that something is wrong with your legs, or possibly your back. What does your doctor say? Sorry about your JD. What would it take to fix it. And fix you?!

LORI - congrats on finishing your Lori Holt. Isn't she a fun designer!

CHRISS - how are you doing on Jerry's timeline? When you actually sit down to do it, it's kind of hard to remember everything and the sequence, results, reactions, medications, etc. What is the Monday appt for?

VAL - OK - how did your dr appt go? You built us up and then left us hanging! We care. Plus, I'm snoopy.

MARY Q - Wakey wakey!

Yesterday was chiro. My right side is all torqued up so he had to give it extra attention. So then, what do I do but come home and do more yard work! But now I'm done, for a week or two anyway. And I have a massage appt this morning. So all will be better. Bill will be gone for the third day in a row, helping build a gazebo so I am going to play in my sewing room! Yay for me! And I now have my back-up machine set up. Let's see if I can remember how to use it! lol!

Wishing everyone fabric to fondle today,

mary z
    >^+^<

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu May 04, 2023 6:37 am

Good morning. It's going to be a soggy day today.

Today I need to hit the grocery store. Jerry wants to make turkey pot pies with the leftover turkey. I will do a little light housework and sew my day away. Still trying to find the fourth flower for my May lotto entry.

Saturday is a town wide yard sale. It's about an hour away and you go from house to house. If it rains, I won't go but I really hope for dry weather.

You all have a marvelous day.

Chriss
    Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

patches4

Post by patches4 » Thu May 04, 2023 6:39 am

Good morning quilting friends
    Sun is shining may be 60 plus today and heading up. Have a few errands to do and then sewing charity quilts tops. Blessings to all,
    TinaB
    Patches4

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu May 04, 2023 7:13 am

MaryZ, I think the quilt was one you made for the friend that just bought a new 5th. As for who pays, it's all on us. I bought the fats in colors that might make nice May lotto blocks. Now I will see if I have the time, though it's only the 4th. Our friends had to cancel, one woke up under the weather. I may rinse, dry and try cutting fats this afternoon.

MaryZ, I think I speak for All the Auntie's here.....when do we get a new picture of our kumquat/Amara?? 🤔 Please!!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 04, 2023 7:19 am

Lyn, be careful what you ask for when asking for baby pictures from a new grandma ! 😆🥰 Our Kumquat will be 4 weeks old tomorrow. And that little Mona Lisa smile was just for me. I know it was. Her parents told me. :D

Return to “Sew ins”