Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday March 29

Daily discussions.
Becca

Wednesday March 29

Post by Becca » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:38 am

Good morning Beautiful sunshine here with bird’s singing I love Spring
Baby News Carol is in Hospital in Labor at 7 centimeters I hope it is born soon for her sake
Yesterday was appts I had shots plus ENT for hearing test
Today I hope is stay home day Hope it’s a great day for everyone and you get to see or have fun whatever you do
Hugs Becca

purrfect-lady

Re: Wednesday March 29

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:51 am

Good morning,

BECCA - oh, I was thinking we'd be waking up to baby news this morning! How long as your Carol been in labor? I hope she delivers soon. Is this her first baby? Is she your DGD or DGDIL? Keep us posted! Good luck on your hearing test.

KATHY - I like it! Fabric Museum Curators! It sounds so much better than hoarder! lol! And I think I've had some of my fabric long enough to qualify as museum pieces. lol! And I do remember when you cracked your elbow. So happy to hear it's all healed up now and you are back to cutting fabric without problems!

JUDI - how goes the battle of the borders? What else is going on? What are the kids doing these days since hockey is over?

MARY Q - didn't you go to KC's yesterday? Did she get any assistance from the meeting with the agency folks a few weeks ago?

CHRISS - Unless I marked it wrong, my calendar says that Jerry has a doctor appt today re his bronchoscopy. I hope you are able to get that scheduled quickly and get things moving along.

LOIS - tell me again when is that quilt show you are going to? I'm sure you'll find inspiration there for a new project. Aren't you doing the OWL quilt? Are you starting on that or waiting to get fabric?

Yesterday I made some lotto blocks, worked on HSH Swap blocks, and then went to lunch at my friend, Carol's which lasted most of the afternoon. A nice day! Today, after my walk and then a chiropractor appt, we're off to Costco to pick up my new glasses. They called me to say all three parts of my optical order are in. But I only ordered 2 pairs - regular and sun glasses - 1 pr each. So I'm curious to see what the third thing is . . . Bill finished quilting my Christmas swap quilt from last summer so I need to bind that. Binding is already made so it should only take about 40 minutes. I want to work on HSH swap blocks, make some labels, and sew the wide backing together for my crazy quilt. I wasn't happy when the four yards I ordered came in two pieces. Isn't the point of wide backing is so you don't have to piece it?!? I'm not sure just what all I'll get to today, but it's good to have choices, right?

Wishing us all full bobbins! As for me I'm on my last bobbin so I guess I'll be cleaning and oiling my machine this morning and filling up a bunch of new ones.

mary z
>^+^<

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:22 am

Good morning

Becca it's so exciting another grand baby making its way into the world I will say a couple of prayers it's soon.

Today we are cleaning because tomorrow is a normal day but there is other stuff to be done before we leave on Friday.

Judi I can't wait to see your Jane Austin quilt you are a brave quilter lol.

Well thats all the news from here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:32 am

Maryz Its my DGSs wife She went into Hospital on Monday evening to be induced She is high risk & over due We all hope it’s today
My hearing hasn’t changed but I need a hearing aid for that ear Will order after baby is here & settled because of having to go pick it up & be. Adjusted
Becca

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:39 am

Morning
Beautiful day. Taking Joe to ortho for steroid shot to shoulder. Hoping for relief.
When I get home, SJ needs a bath, and chick pen needs cleaning.
Maryq, cookies I baked were peanut butter. I prefer to bake from scratch, I have several go to recipes I prefer. I also have been known to tweak every now and then and get creative. Also except for cheesecake, I go by the ish system of measuring....
Time to get moving.
Flo

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:41 am

Good Sunny Cold Morning!!

Was not expecting temps of 30* this morning & frost all over. Probably our last one.

Need to clean up the kitchen & empty the dishwasher. I need to make phone calls like to the dentist & ortho for shots in my knees. Then my time is sew time. So much fabric to put away also. Pulled so much looking for tote bag lining.

Becca.....thanks for starting us off today. Aside from the temp it beautiful here too. We are supposed to drop 20* tonight. Our last kiss from winter.
Special baby prayers for Carol & the baby..Maryz's baby will be here soon.
Love all the new babies. Enjoy your day home.

Maryz........Been thinking about your baby....soon, soon! I have some vintage fabric from the early 80s when I worked in a LQS. Had a big discount. I also have 2 pieces that was supposedly my Grandmothers. It's real narrow. Ouch, wide backing in 2 pieces, not so good.

Love & Prayers........Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:48 am

Good morning. It's supposed to be another soggy day today. There are some black clouds over my mountain with will have a silver lining as the sun comes up. It's going to be a marvelous day.

So we have this doctor appointment today. Yesterday they called to say they needed some discs that we had from tests at previous appointments. Well, we had given these discs to the cancer doctor. Call to the cancer doctor and thank God the discs were found. We can pick them up on the way to the bronchoscopy (a word you would think I could spell without looking it up by now) doctor and take them back to the cancer doctor on Friday. Phew, God is amazing how he makes things work out.

Yesterday I was able to put together 4 lotto blocks in record time. It's really an easy block and goes together so quickly. These scrappy blocks are helping my pile go down a bit.

Jerry wasn't hungry for a big dinner yesterday so today will be chix parm. I think I will make it this afternoon so that it's ready before we go to the doctors office.

Today my plan is to pick and fuse house fabric and get it ready to be cut out. I also need to cut my background squares.

And I have some blocks that also need to be squared and sewn together. It's good to be busy.

Becca, very exciting. I don't remember is this going to be a grand or a great grand for you? Can't wait to see if I will be an aunt or an uncle. Hope your hearing test went well and that you get to enjoy your beautiful spring day. As I type this a Robing is singing me her good morning song, it's the same as her good afternoon and good evening song, I think she just likes to make me smile.

Maryz, glad you had a nice lunch, hope there were lots of laughs too. My girl group, there are 4 of us, are planning an outing for April 1st. It's sort of a flea market kind of a thing. I'm really ready to be away from reality and Jerry is ready for me to be out of the house for a day so he can have some time alone too. Happy bobbin winding.

Lois, thanks for letting me in the laundry room yesterday. I was able to get all the washing done. nice clean sheets on the bed are always so wonderful. I do have some throw rugs to do but will take those to the laundry mat when the weather warms up.

Flo, Jerry makes a cookie with peanut butter, oatmeal and banana for Moose. Do you remember those no bake cookies that were peanut butter, chocolate and oatmeal? they were a drop cookie, one of the first cooking class things I ever made, they were good.

Kathy, get those calls made so you can play. My room will be a mess after today. I will be pulling fabric from everywhere to get my houses made.

That's it for me, I hear Moose waking up, or maybe he's just moving to a warmer spot on the bed.

you all have a stellar day
Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:59 am

Good morning!

My little charges are snuggled on the sofa in the family room. No hurry to get them up, there's no school this week. Karlie is asleep too.

We have gotten almost 800 inches of snow up in the mountains this year. That translates to 66 feet, or 22 yards of fabric. All that in fabric would make several quilts! The snow has melted off from my yard at the moment, but more is coming.

I found a new online company for clothes and they are quick! My new dress I ordered on Monday afternoon, arrived yesterday and it's very nice. They do have a storefront and we will drive there another day, when the plastic in my wallet has cooled off. I have done online clothes shopping for so long, I have no idea of actually seeing in person before buying! LOL!

I got the hems done for my friend who broke both her arms by slipping on the ice. So today I'll sew my stuff and run herd on three littles, cleaning a bedroom. Ethan may be down too, before he goes to cello. That school is on a different schedule for spring break. The littles may also go help Sandee load up the new RV.

Still waiting on our landscaper. I'm getting a bit discouraged, but will hang in there. There are so many pretty flowers appearing, I want some in my yard! I tired of brown grass!

Stay safe, warm and lots of prayers,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:30 am

Good Morning, I came here earlier but thought I would step on someone so I just went to do laundry,,,3 loads later I remembered to come back...lol everyone has migrated to their computer already...
Last night we headed to Chinese in Toledo Ohio and they were closed....we had a back up plan and ended up at a place called Shorty's BBQ it was so good but since we were all so bummed over the Chinese lace being closed..we decided to go there next week wednesday, it is also in Toledo...We are about 45 minutes from the Ohio border...so that is the plan...
I basted the precidely matching border to the quilt and it came out good....so I stitched it in place and now will start on border 2...Its not perfect but getting finished,,,I am excited to get it done....I will start kitting up the blocks of On Wander Lane next,,,,,I may also pull out the Stitchers garden and work on those blocks too....my only UFOs now... It feels very relaxed to have the quilting que under control. My OCD hates for me to have too many irons in the fire,,,,but with that said... and my obcession with Christmas I did put in an order for a kit with pre fused applique for a wall hanging of a Christmas Nativity, it will not ship till late June and since it is precut and prefused will go togther quickly...I might need it for a gift for my grand son and girlfriend as I hear they are moving in together( hasn't been confirmed but son said it is possible, grandson is 31 and it is time for him to fledge LOL) he has a great job and very independent but loves being with family so he has never moved...His girlfriend who is a great gal owns her own home and is a special teacher,,,She teaches English to non english kids. this year should be interesting,,
I have a guild meeting tonight we havent had one this year,,,January's was cancelled due to snowmageddon...I have lots of scraps bags to share and some other quilting stuff,,we have a share and take table at the meetings,,,
well I hear the dryer calling to finish the last load thanks for vacating the laundry room for me this morning it is now all yours,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:38 am

Good morning everyone.
Well, we got great news this morning. Hubby was on long term disability which ran out last month. He happened to check at the university he had worked for and come to find out he will be getting retirement starting next month. The whole time he had been on disability they paid into the retirement. In a little while I will be going down to work on the second quilt for my friend. There isn’t much else going on.

MaryQ - if we had the table shipped here to our house it would cost. Having it shipped to the store is free. Plus when we go pick it up we can eat lunch out at different places.
Suzette

Return to “Sew ins”