Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday March 28

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Tuesday March 28

Post by suzette58 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:19 am

Good morning everyone.
My 4 legged alarm clocks have been sleeping in so I get to as well. It is wonderful. I have a dr appointment this morning and then get my hair cut. When all that is done I am going to trim the second quilt and get the binding on it. It is so sad what happened in Nashville yesterday. I just don’t understand. I need to turn on the coffee pot. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

MaryZ - yes I ordered the table and it is on the way to the store. You get free shipping to the store. I can’t wait. The table I have now is warping which surprised me.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday March 28

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:14 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow

It's going to be a nice day so I will go out for a walk and when I come back I don't know what I will do.

Suzette I looked at that table it looks great and with height adjustment it's a plus βž• it might even make a nice cutting table also.

Chriss the laundry room is empty so it's all yours for today when is Marilyn do to arrive I hope it will be a nice visit.

Well it's time for more coffee have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:12 am

Good morning to all. I'm watching the sun slowly coming up and it looks so beautiful. Hope it is a sign of a nice day to come for us.

SUZETTE-- when will you be able to pick up your table? I hope it fits and works out well for you. I bought a large folding table and got the risers so I don't lean over the table to cut.

LOIS--hope you can enjoy a quiet and easy day. Sometimes having no plans works out the best. Its a toss up--coffee than chocolate than sew?? Or sew with coffee and chocolate?? Oh heck, have them all together and wear pjs all day. LOL

It is a horrible Nashville slaughter of innocents and a disaster again. What is the answer?? Prayers for the families.

Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:29 am

Good morning sun is coming up here too. It is cold but looks like nice day 50 for the high,,,unfortunately we have had some rain and it i still muddy..I guess Im not supposed to get out in the yard yet, as far as windows go I will start them when the night temps are above 40-50. in a hundred year old house the screens are put in in the spring and the storm windows in the fall...that is mostly why I do windows 2 x a year...All windows tilt into the house for easy cleaning, (all 42 of them) no ladders or outside work.
I got the top done on the Jane quilt.....the preprinted border has to be precisely matched to the edge of the quilt. I was pulling my hair out last night,,,,it is very difficult to get it right,,,I will try again today,,,last night I decided to stop and watched a video on the life of Jane Austen,,( they never mentioned the coverlette of any of her sewing,,:( ) She was a sad lady and died at 42, of some sort of fever.
Well I need coffee it was a sleepless night last night and I fell asleep around 5 am..slept till 645a so Im not sure what I will do today besides nap. We have dinner plans with friends at a Chinese Buffett...( their choice) we have been there befre and it is pretty good. so hoping I can stay awake...lol... hope you day is full of sunshine,,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:40 am

Good morning!

No sun yet, he's still asleep in my time zone. But the supposed theys say we should have a nice day in between storms. More snow is coming.

We've decided not to go to Boise for the funeral. Michael has a eye doctor appointment midday on when we'd leave. It's a very important appointment as his eyes have been changing in his vision. When he was in the hospital with Covid, the doctors treated that dreaded disease with high pressure oxygen, a nose cannula taped in place . That treatment has significant side effects of damaging capillaries in the eyes. Our doctor is quite concerned, so we need not to miss this visit. Also, a very large snow storm is rolling in across Idaho, right when we'd be driving. So we feel it's best not to get out in that and get in trouble. I'll send flowers and a note to the family, all their kids from all of my family.

So I'll be sewing and doing laundry. Sandee's trailer arrived. It's huge! It's all parked in the side yard at her house. Looks beautiful! The hitch is scheduled to be installed tomorrow.

Stay warm and safe. Many prayers of comfort for all the families affected and for this nation, that we may gain wisdom and guidance as we go forth, through these trying times,

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:47 am

Good morning early birds! Sun 🌞 is up here too. I am not totally awake yet, but up and having coffee. Haven't made plans yet for today.
Suzette, glad you have your new table coming. I know you will let us know how you like it.
Yes, more shootings of innocent people. πŸ˜₯When will it ever end?? πŸ˜“πŸ˜₯😒 It just doesn't make any sense at all!
Enjoy your day. Do something fun.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:05 am

Morning
Yesterday I baked cookies. First time in weeks I felt well enough to do that. Then in the evening we went to the Lent Penance service at our church. It was cool, the bishop was there to help. We haven't attended one in years.
Today is a quiet day. DDIL will probably come over after school with DGD.
Chriss enjoy Marilyn's visit.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:41 am

Good morning,

Irish got us watching an eagle's nest in Hays, PA (Pittsburgh), and the second eaglet hatched this morning. It is so cool! Tiny balls of white fluff, like little bobble heads, begging mom for a bite of fish. Last year we were addicted to watching this nest and we had 3 babies - watched them from egg lay thru hatch until the eaglets were as big as Mom and Dad and they finally fledged. This nest has been there since 2013, same parents. They have now hatched 20 babies over the years. The nest is 7 feet across, 7 feet deep, and is estimated to weigh 2 tons. Fascinating! Last year squirrels lived in the "downstairs" of the nest. :lol:

SUZ - glad your alarms let you sleep a little later this morning. I hope your table comes in soon! I wanna see!

DIANE - chocolate and coffee for breakfast in the sewing room? Count me in!

VELDA - what will you be doing today? Are there things you can work on with the HOA set up until your treasurer gets back?

JUDI - all your windows tipping in is a great feature! I wish ours did. I don't mind washing windows but Bill minds it a LOT, and washing the outsides is HIS job. Later in the spring I'll have to start my nagging regime. Sorry your borders aren't behaving. What if you turned then around? Maybe the other side of the border strip would match better? I didn't know that about Jane Austen, or if I did, I'd forgotten. Sad life.

JANA - sounds like you have made a wise decision in staying home. I'm happy Sandee's 5W arrived!! Let the sleepovers begin! She will have fun moving into it. I hope it's a good rig for her. There are user groups - forums like our QIAD forum, FB groups, etc for RVing in general and for specific brands. She may find very helpful information in those groups. Bill belongs to two of them. There is even a group just for single women. Our Boondocker calendar for July is wide open!

LYN - I saw this morning that Quilting Daily is putting on a big Sew Fest in Loveland in April. I haven't heard of this show before. Have you? And Autumn has about 11 more days to go. We are looking at, or around April 7th. Thanks for asking. So far, all is well. But it's been a rough pregnancy, nausea and exhaustion all the way.

KATHY - I'm glad we were able to enhance your birthday! I hope it was a good day for you. And I'm grateful none of the girls were hurt in the accident. How scary for Susannah. And her mom. And her GRANDMOM!

CHRISS - When are the kids arriving? Our air bed just plugs into the wall and it inflates itself. And deflates when the time comes. It would be fun if the kids were coming to make an announcement, but maybe they're just coming to support you and Jerry . . . . Or for Easter. . . . When do they arrive and how long are they staying? So tomorrow is Jerry's appointment to discuss getting the bronchoscopy? Will he still go to the March 31st appt if that bronch hasn't happened yet?

BECCA - healing hugs going your way for little Gabriel. My nephew, Jeff, also has a tumor in his brain and it causes ataxia, double vision, and probably nausea at times due to vertigo. He is about 56.

Yesterday was mostly a sew day for me. I worked on my swap blocks. Today is deadline to sign up so if you're still thinking about joining, you have until midnight tonite to let me know. It's all pretty much quilters' choice as long as it depicts a home of some sort for someone or something, and is 12-1/2". Colors and fabrics are up to the quilter.

Today I have a lunch to go to at a friend's house. Our birthday club. Sadly, one of our small group passed away in Jan and another in Feb. That leaves 3 of us left. This morning I'll work some more on swap blocks, and if there's time, also fuse some kitty cats, and maybe try a couple April lotto blocks. Lots of choices in my sewing room.

Praying for the families in MIssissippi and Tennessee. πŸ™πŸ’”

Mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:01 am

Maryz The edge of the border fabric melds into the quilt top...per the original. Precise matching,,,thats the hard part...I may baste it on first then do the tweeking. Basting it a lot easier to remove than stitching, Not for the faint of heart and if anyone has the courage to make this quilt I will gladly share the pattern and template as I will never do this one again,,,,,,,xxxxxoooo It could be made without the original border and the center medallion would have to be of your own design, or left out...it would be a lot easier that way but not a copy of the original

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:03 am

Good Rainy Morning.........

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes. Had a lovely day. My DD2 sent me a zippered pouch 8X12, just the right size for a little project. I am no longer a "hoarder of fabric" but a "Fabric Museum, Curator"! How about it friends that's what we are "Curators"!
More cutting of fabric today. Yesterday cutting reminded me how good it is to have my elbow all healed. Remember I fell & cracked it? Now I do not ever think of it.

Have to cut it short today.

Love & Prayers..................Kathy

Return to β€œSew ins”