Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday March 28

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Tuesday March 28

Post by maryq » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:05 am

Good Morning All

Missed you guys yesterday! I was all set to sit and type and my Brother Tim called... Hadn't talked to him in ages so we had to catch up! He lives on the other side of the Twin Cities so it's a "pack a lunch road trip" to visit! His Wife Laurie and I have make an annual pilgrimage to the big craft store in St. Cloud so we will have to plan that soon, now that the weather is getting better

Suzette... You are getting the husky table? Will Home Depot be able to deliver it to you or do you have to go get it? Oh what fun though... to set it all up just the way you want!!! Enjoy!!!

Lois.... Is your weather nice enough to go for walks? Not that I am a big walker, but at least the ice has melted off our roads and sidewalks. I got kind of spoiled over the winter as Katie next door goes out and get the mail every day and delivers it right to my door!

Diane... I saw a bit of the news of Nashville this morning when I turned on my computer... but with so many shootings like that I thought it was old news, not something that just happened. I'll have to go back and check on all the details of it. I don't keep TV or radio news on during the day so I'm always behind on current events. It makes me scared for my grandchildren everywhere!

Judi.... You have those windows that tilt in? I think I have seen those on TV and thought about them when I was in my house. You have your Jane top all finished? Tell me again which pattern you used? Not that I want to make one, but I'd love to see it!

Jana... YEAH Sandee got her RV. I suppose she's just itching to hit the road! I thought about getting myself a little RV at some point, but knew I would never learn to back up a trailer, so I was going to go with one of those more like motor homes. But plans changed... I'm happy to stay put and fly where I need to go!

Velda.... Are you awake now? You guys are always up so early! Maybe if I set my coffee pot to start earlier in the morning (it's at 8:45 now) I'd get out of bed earlier. Can't get out of bed until I know the coffee is done! Are you president of your HOA?

Flo.... You baked cookies? Must be ESP.... I thought about it... but never made it past that 10 second thought. I have some Betty Crocker cookies mixes in the house. Have you ever seen them at the grocery store? They are so good, I figure why bake from scratch!

Maryz.... Hope you have a great time with your lunch friends. Raise a glass to the friends you've lost along the way.

Kathy... OH my.... so sorry I missed your birthday!! You had a happy day I see. Oh I love that.. not fabric Hoarder... "Fabric Museum Curator" I think I'll hang a sign of that in my garage where my museum is!

Chriss... I keep missing you! I hear Marilyn is coming to visit and the boyfriend too??? OH boy!!!! Hope they have a great visit... and you know if they bring some exciting news.. you'll have to share!!

It's a nice sunny day here, but still pretty cold for March ... only 32* for today. I'm sure I'll be headed to the sewing room soon, but before I do that.... as secretary of our HOA I have 2 different meetings of the board to type up the minutes for, so I better do that first.

Wishing you all a terrific Tuesday!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:32 am

Good morning. We are expecting rain today and tomorrow. I pray it fizzles out and completely misses us.

The Robins are singing this morning. Their song is one note but seems to have a little twirl in it. I wonder if they roll their tongues to get that sort of twittle at the end?

Watching the news this morning and am amazed at all the craziness in the world. So many tragic events and the top story is that a movie star had an issue on a ski slope. I think priorities are a bit out of whack.

Marilyn plans to be here the weekend of the 14th. I really don't think she has a wedding announcement. Last night Jerry told me she wanted to come in April so she must have mentioned it to him. Also, the stinkin' air mattress I bought requires a pump to air up. So the air compressor will be our friend. I was going to return it but it's only for one night, maybe two. The kids will be fine.

Lois, thanks. I scrolled down as I skimmed this morning's posts and saw you were done in the laundry room. My bedding is now in the washer, and I have two loads to go. Wish I could go on that walk with you but by the time I got there you'd be taking off your tennis shoes and getting into your slippers.

Suzette, those four-legged critters are something. Mine decided it was time to get up, he shook so his collar rattled and when I got up, he promptly got in my spot. I'm having coffee too; can I offer you a refill?

Diane, I also love the sunrise in the morning. sometimes I just look out the window to watch. I think the answer to your question is real sentences to crimes, It might or might not be a deterrent.?

Judi, so glad Jane is meeting her end. She has certainly kept you busy. I have to wait to do windows too. Jerry doesn't like the smell of anything, so I need to air out the house as I do the job. I also have some windows that are needing repair. I think that 2023 will be the year of fixing and upgrading here. I haven't had Chinese food in a very long time. Enjoy.

Jana, I wouldn't want to go to Boise either. I think staying home is a wise decision. Good or bad, I'm not a funeral attender. Prayers for Michael and his vision.

Velda, you enjoy your day too.

Flo, mmmm, cookies. what kind? I don't observe Lent but do get a devotional in my email that comes every day during Lent. It's from Guideposts. So glad you are feeling better.

Maryz, I'm ready to start picking out fabric for my houses. I'm also ready to start on my lotto blocks and do more on that charity quilt I have started. Sounds like we both will be busy playing in our rooms. Enjoy your luncheon. Does one person cook or do you go out? sounds fun getting to hang out with girlfriends and just visit. Hope there are lots of laughs.

Kathy, the wing of the museum where I am curator is stuffed full. I would love to move my sewing room to my bedroom and take over one of the smaller bedrooms to sleep in. But I don't have all the say in this house.

Maryq, I think a pack a lunch road trip is a great idea. You will love seeing your brother and making a jaunt over to the quilt shop to replenish your dwindling stash. ha ha ha, I made a funny. Marilyn plans to be here mid April. She doesn't get much time off work so might only get one night here; I'm hoping for the entire weekend. Happy minute typing. How are your grands and kids doing?

Yesterday I did some weed eating in the area between my fence and the road. I have a battery powered weed eater. It's old and the battery doesn't hold a charge like it used to. I think it might be time to think about a new one. It took three charges to get that area and I still think I need at least one more time to get it all.

I will be sewing this week between doctor appointments; I also need to find time for dinner with the parents.

Yesterday's Salisbury steak with mushroom gravy was ok. Today I will make Chicken Parmesan. Jerry will have penne and I will have spaghetti squash. It's not easy to come up with meals for Mr. picky eater, but at least I can move us past taco tuesday every single tuesday of every single week.

I really need to have some me time so I will be in my sewing room. No boys allowed, but you all are very welcome to join me.

Hope your day is filled with blessings.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:29 am

Hang onto your hats on the coast of Texas today.

MaryZ, I'm not sure if Stitch Fest is new or been done before. Since I'm not there, I try not to look at what I'm missing. Lol
BTW April 7th is Garry's BD.

Jana, glad the 5th wheel was finally delivered. Hope they get the right hitch installed. Didn't know there were different types until a friend went to move another friend's 5th and the 5th had a different type than most used. Guy with the 5th ended up buying a new hitch for friend. I know Sandee had a MH, but I will pass on my tips to her. Always have a door or window open when opening or closing slides, your displacing air and it makes it easier. We have only used Angel Soft TP and have seen more than one test showing it breaks down the best. Last, but not least, Unique tank treatment is the best out there.

Chriss, how do you fix your spaghetti squash? I rinse mine off, then take a sharp knife and stab it all the way around about a dozen times to vent. Then I put it on a couple paper towels and microwave about 5 - 6 minutes, turn 180 and microwave another 5 - 6 minutes. It's very easy to cut, scoop out seeds and use. I do the same with acorn squash.

I slept in, so I'm behind already. Hope y'all can play with fabric. Coffee, chocolate and sewing...count me in.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:57 am

Thanks Lyn for the info - I'll pass it on to Sandee and my Matt too.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:09 am

Quick drive by today. It's free sew day so in the parking lot waiting for shop to open. 10 more min. It is pouring ! UGH!

Binding 2/3 done on wedding quilt. Doing one length of thread a night. Shoulder is not cooperating but gotta push ahead.

Will be working on the Cactus quilt today. May pay someone to do the Binding for it.

Not much else new here.

Have a great day
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:47 pm

Maryq It is called Jane Austen Coverlette Quilt. over 200 diam0nds,,and the border if done by hand would have 2500 tiny diamonds...but Riley Blake Fabrics have a pre printed border....I wouldnt do it again but it is a great quilt...I will shoot you a photo when it is finished,,,

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:44 pm

Lyn, I make spaghetti squash exactly like you do. Amazing how much is in one of those little squashes. Leftover "noodles" will have garlic and butter in n them tomorrow with heaven knows what for dinner

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:45 pm

MaryQ - it costs for them to deliver it to the house. Free shipping g for us to pick it up at the store. It isn’t far from us. Plus we can eat lunch out at different restaurants.
Suzette

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:54 pm

Just a quick update. I met at the bank for changing the checking account. Pretty simple and as soon as our Treasurer gets back from trip, it will be turned over to him. I will just be the back up, when he travels. Baked banana bread, and just didn't do much else. No sewing. Hope I can cut some pieces for April Lotto tomorrow. Now it's time to watch evening news and Wheel of Fortune. See all of you tomorrow AM.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:53 pm

Suzette, lunch out is always a bonus. We very seldom go out to eat anymore. At $15 for a burger in a sit down restaurant, even a Denny's, it's easier to come home and fix something.

Return to “Sew ins”