Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, March 27th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Monday, March 27th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:28 am

Good morning,

Sort of an early start to my day here - 0300. I like early, but this is just silly. But I is what I is.

DIANE - so sorry for your LQS owner. Praying for better times ahead for him. I hope you get your machine fixed.

KATHY - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIRLFRIEND! Do something special today just for yourself! πŸŽ‚ Was your DGD was in a car accident? She was the driver? How many in the car? And all are OK?

CHRISS - glad the swap is giving you scrap busting opportunities! I aim to please. It looks like April's lotto is going to be a REAL scrap buster! I hope you get news today of an appt for Jerry. How fun to have Marilyn visit! How long will she be staying? We bought a twin air mattress at Costco for when my sister visited. It worked great! And folds down into a box to store in a closet. $45 for a RT ticket is less than fuel would be to drive.

VAL - Happy to hear you got rested up. Sometimes we just need a bit extra sleep. You've had a lot going on. It all takes energy. Is the wedding quilt all done? What day is the wedding? All I remember is April.

MARY Q - how great to see your brother! He's just in town for only a weekend? Did you say your garage door was getting fixed on Tuesday? A long time to leave your outside in your temps. Here, if you leave your car outside for long, you'll lose your catalytic converter! And yes, I have two projects sitting out, though I only worked on one yesterday - the HSH swap blocks. Made one block. I am using a pattern of a retro travel trailer that Velda gave me. (Thanks, Velda!) I then traced, cut, fused, and cut again the rest of my pieces to make 9 blocks.

SUZETTE - did you get or order your table yet?

VELDA - thanks again for the retro trailer mats and patterns you gave me for Secret Santa a couple years ago. We use them in our trailer all the time, but the pattern is purrfect for my swap blocks! I guess I have a reunion every day. All that's left here in our area is Bill and me. We see each other almost every day!

JANA - Brrr.... I got cold reading your post. You can quilt during church services? I need to tell our priest this! How are your stars coming along? Are you going to make a quilt for Sandee's new rig?

JUDI - How is Jane doing? When does window washing season start? I got my living room windows all washed (inside). The outsides really need it but that's not my job! I'd wash walls, but I just did them in 2014 so they aren't due yet for another year.

BECCA - Baby news? I was 3 weeks and a day overdue with my first one. I don't think they let them go that long anymore.

Yesterday we finished our cleaning. At this moment in time, the entire house is clean (clean enough, anyway) and the laundry hamper is empty. All by 10:30am so I got to go play after that. I got my sample swap block finished and will post a photo in the swap thread. Today I plan to get more done on that project. I also want to try a few April lotto blocks and start fusing cats. There will be 16 cat blocks, so I have enough to do to keep me off the streets and out of the bars for quite a while.

I've been watching the Hays Eagle cam out of Pittsburgh, PA. First eaglet hatched yesterday! Such a cute tiny ball of white fuzz! Waiting now on the second egg. This little family is addictive! Both parents are so attentive to the babies and to each other.

Make your day a good one!
mary z
>^+^<

fabricgirl

Re: Monday, March 27th

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:40 am

Good morning Mary,

House is all in order for now going to put a load of wash on yesterday I made a book pillow for the pink ghost quilt just have to get a pillow form for that I might make 1 for the blue 1 today.

Mary I can't believe how fast this month has gone by pretty soon you'll have a new grandaughter.

Chriss that will be a great surprise for Jerry and Marilyn coming in by train is a plus.
Those air mattresses are great.

Well thats all the news from here everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:40 am

Hello everyone Cloudy here but sun is due today Turned out sunny yesterday after rain in AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kathy Hope it’s special for you

Chris The air mattress should work fine I’m sure you can pull off the surprise
Prayers for you both

Maryz Gabriel is doing ok except his hearing is impaired some He has no headaches or balance issues so that’s good
Denise was also 3 weeks late I think we just had time wrong I don’t think they would letCarol go like that now

Lois I’m sure you will latch on to another project very soon

Judi Hope you find all you need on SHunt

I must get moving I just wanted to post before I get into something
Have a great day. Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:53 am

Good morning Judi, from the other start..., Maryz, Lois, Becca, and all the others.
Here we go starting another week. Last week of March!! Man, time just slips on by!
I have lots of phone calls today on deck for our new HOA. Our new Treasurer won't be back home from vacation until about Easter time, so it will be another 10 days until we can get a board meeting and start getting organized. But pending insurance bill, and getting new quotes on lawn care, etc. , all needs to get started so that we hopefully will have all the stuff to work on our budget and determine if we will need to raise our monthly dues, etc. Decisions for the new HOA board. I am already dreading office of President. LOL.
Need to do some errands today as well. We had our mail held for Friday and Saturday, so I need to go to post office, etc Probably won't get into the sewing room today.
I do love our new April Lotto block. It should go together quickly. I am anxious to try it out.

So enjoy your day. Enjoy your new week. Hope you gets lots accomplished.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:21 am

Today should be a quick one for me.
1st to the quilt store that "fixed" my sewing machine. The stitches are funny seems to skip every 10 to 15 and I bought it in to be re timed so I don't know about this. Yesterday it clump stitches and the bobbin seems to be the problem. I cross my fingers for a fast fix.
2nd to the library to drop fabric for a group that is making some "hair covers" for the hospital. I'll find out today what exactly they are making. Small print and I have a stash of cute children fabric so am happy to give some to a new home.
3rd to the shop to get car for a tune-up.
4th to work on straightening up my sewing room. LOL.
Phew- I'm tired already and I'm still in my p.j.s
Time to geet rolling so I'll check back later.
Diane

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:31 am

Good morning. Here we go again, another beautiful day. Tomorrow will be rain. I've decided while I like rain I have had enough. I'm good till next winter. And that groundhog? I think he needs to retire, I don't even think he's cute anymore.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHY!!!! You are one of my favorites, I'm so thankful that you have regained your health and are back to normal, except for that occasional grumpiness due to missed sleep. It makes me smile when I see you post.

Judi, happy scavenger hunting, hope you find everything you are looking for. Our store shelves are quite full. Phew, once you back and bind Jane you can throw her right into the washing machine and agitate her like she has agitated you.

Kathy, how is Susannah today? did she mix up her brake and gas pedal or swerve to miss a critter? It is so wonderful with the only injury is a pain where the seatbelt was. Glad she was wearing hers.

Maryz, I sure wish my house was completely clean. I still haven't gone into that kitchen or done my windows inside. Maybe today. Our next appointment is on Wednesday with the bronchoscopy consultation. They will schedule the bronchoscopy and biopsy. We need the biopsy so we can figure out what he has and start treatment.

Lois, so glad you are doing laundry, it will be my excuse as to why I can't wash clothes. Thank you for hogging the laundry room. I bought the air mattress but failed to see how it airs up. We do have a compressor if it needs to be aired up that way. I was able to bring it into the house last night without Jerry knowing and it's hidden in the sewing room. I will sneak it out and read the box today.

Becca, enjoy that sunshine. I think the air mattress will work out too. I was thinking of a way to get a bed in that room without ruining the surprise. And I don't want to tell Jerry she is coming because if something happens and she can't make it I don't want him disappointed. I'm thinking about Gabriel and about the new baby coming soon.

Velda, hard thing about phone calls is that you have to wait till businesses open or people get up before calling them. I wish everything and everyone was able to receive calls at 6am and I wish businesses also opened that early. Hope your calls go quickly so you can play with that April lotto block, it's a quick easy block to do. Valerie does a good job picking out doable blocks.

Diane, I'm not hanging out with you today, you are way too busy. Prayers for Paul and I hope your machine and car get fixed. Curious to know what hair covers are.

Today I plan to sew. Yep, nothing else but sew. I have obligations and need to get started on them now because I have no clue what will be next for Jerry. I also have to take on more stuff around here that he doesn't have the strength to do. He can do things but wears out quickly. Cooking and dishes are some of those things. Tonight, will be Salisbury Steak. He will have mashed potatoes and broccoli, mine will be cauliflower rice. I need to go get some Worchester sauce today so I can make it.

Hope you girls have a blessed day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:13 am

Good morning!

Happy Birthday Kathy! Hope you have a great day!

I'm a bit later than my usual. I was having a discussion on if we're going to the funeral or not. It's just outside of Boise, that's not the problem. It's eating. Michael is a bit gun shy of of being out in public and eating in a restaurant. He won't go out to eat in one. This is a part of the lingering effect of long covid, that he still has. Boise is a tad over a five hour drive. The funeral is Friday morning, so we'd drive up Thursday afternoon, spend the night and come back on Friday afternoon. Definitely a quick trip!

Chriss my hinky suspicious meter is going off with Marilyn coming for a surprise visit. Maybe they're coming to see you and Jerry, maybe to tell you they're getting married or you'll be grandparents, who knows, but that meter of mine is thinking something is up.

I am helping out a friend of mine here in the Ward. She has my old calling of Activity day girls leader. Well, she was out helping them with a service project, in the snow, when she slipped, fell, and broke both arms, her nose and chipped a tooth. So she needs easy on clothes and the ones they bought are a tad too long, so I am zipping a new hem in them. It's a machine hem, so it won't take me more than 5 minutes. Then on to my projects. Karlie is eager for me to clear my sewing off the dining table, so I can put on my pretty table cloth. It's cutwork, embroidery of Easter baskets with eggs in them. No, I didn't make it, found it a favorite store.

So, I'm off to get stuff done,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:33 am

Happy Birthday Kathy!!

Jana - I was thinking the same thing about Marilyn's visit.

Carol

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:19 am

Oops! Missed wishing you, Kathy a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰πŸ’œπŸ°πŸ¦πŸ§πŸ­πŸ©πŸΎπŸ₯‚
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:19 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHY I HOPE ITS A FUN ONE AND SOME CAKE IS INVOLVED.

Lois

Return to β€œSew ins”