Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday March 25,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Saturday March 25,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:01 am

Good morning ,

Not much going on here today except raining on and off.
Cleaning got done yesterday and wash also got done.

I haven't been sewing I just haven't felt like maybe after nextweek when I come back from the quilt show that might spark something.

Well I hope you all have a great day.
Lois

WeeOne

Re: Saturday March 25,2023

Post by WeeOne » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:09 am

Good morning Lois and all that follow.

Lois, enjoy the quilt show. I always enjoyed going to the Houston show, but haven't been since Covid.

Up early to have Jeep back to repair shop. Need back brakes and rotars replaced. Better now with good honest people. Sure glad our friends from Missouri that stayed here this season found this place.

Fighting with my HSH roof. Not sure if I will win and thus sign up or not.
Lyn

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:22 am

Good morning to everyone Some drizzle here after a gorgeous day yesterday in the 80s Supposed to clear soon
Lois Enjoy your quilt show that will spur you on Hope the HOA gets taken care of

Lynn Vehicles are a necessity but do need maintenance
It’s cleaning day here I’ll get that done & hope it clears outside so I can be out & walk
Maryq Read your PMs
Chris Prayers for you & Jerry & tests & appts
We are just on baby watch Mom & Baby were good yesterday in scan
Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:31 am

Good morning Lois and Lyn, I slept in this morning It is pouring rain and is supposed to continue through the day. We will have water in the yard so no yard work this weekend. I am anxious to get a little done out there but will have to wait for nicer weather,,,Windows are waiting too,,,oh bother but I did start more spring cleaning anf did the china cabinet,,,,It holds all our memory glasses souveniers of wineries and other places we have been, but they collect a lot of dust,,,I did get rid of a few things though. there are a few things I should get rid of but just cannot bring myself to do it just yet,,,But it and all the memories are clean....I will need to do the walls and windows and floors in there but we need a new area rug and untll I decide what color is going to paint in there, The ceiling needs to be plastered (repaired) and good luck finding someone who is able to do plaster walls// Since Ken has decided to get his knee done in May It will probably wait.
Good new is I am on section 3 of Jane one more to go then the top can be assembled...I ordered backing for it and just have to decide on the binding color. It is the border that scares me but the directions are pretty clear,,,it will just take a lot of time and I have gone through 3 audio books so far...
Ken has brought a cupppa to the sewing room so I will drink that and get a few chores done...have a fun weekend day,,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo
Becca how is the move going,,,,Are you settled in...tell me what your new place is like...I love to know where others live...a virtual visit.....

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:31 am

Good sunny morning, later should rain a little. I think we get a rainy Sunday.
LOIS-- Everyone goes thru times that you don't have the urge to sew. Rather than force yourself to do it, go to the quilt show for ideas. Nothing beats seeing the quilts and being surrounded by like-minded people. Enjoy the show and post what new items you see.

LYN-- car repair prices are high as well as everything today. Its good you found a shop that you can trust. Hopefully, you won't have to replace these items for years to come.

Not to much on my to-do list but I know some sort of sewing will be in there somewhere.
Have a great weekend and find some memory to make you smile. Mine is my mom watching the geese and ducks in a small pond behind her home-she had names for all of them. LOL.

Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:30 am

Good morning!

I am still living in the frozen tundra! More frozen Spring has fallen with more today and tomorrow. We did break the record for water in the snowpack. So with all this frozen Spring, we need a nice slow warm up, to melt it slowly.

We did get the boards for my shelves. I have lots and lots of sanding to do on them. I have the you'll to do that!

Well, the delivery of Sandee's RV flaked again! Really lame excuses. But they will try again on Monday afternoon. She promised Ethan and Karlie a campout sleepover in the new RV. Just in her backyard, but that doesn't matter, it's with Aunt Sandee and in her new rig. And the puppies too. They are now a year old. I still call them puppies.

So, with all the white stuff, I will be sewing. Maybe a quick trip for a few groceries. Need some fresh veggies.

Stay safe, enjoy whatever sunshine may appear, it's just plain skipping me!

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:42 am

Becca, you said the wait to get into your new place was 3 months. It must be getting close to your turn. Did you say this place is close to your daughter or several miles away?

The cost of back brakes and rotars for Jeep is $385. Seems reasonable.
Lyn

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:44 am

Good morning,

LOIS - When your house is all clean, the laundry done, and you don't feel like sewing, what do you do? I just can't remember what I did with spare hours before quilting became my focus. A lot more yard work than I do today, but weather is too wet now. And I can only read so much.

JUDI - Section 3! Yippee! And I have no doubt that you will have no problems with the borders. What is the backing like that you ordered?

LYN - drive around town and find a roof similar to the HSH roof you want to do. Take a few photos. Enlarge them if you need to to bring them up to size. But even if you don't do that, it will give you perspective. I've made many landscape/picture quilts using photos as a guide. Hope your Jeep repairs aren't too costly, but finding a reputable repair person is the biggest part of the battle.

DIANE - what's happening in your sewing room today? One of my favorite memories of my mom is her kneeling on the couch, looking out the big picture window, chin resting in her hands, as she watched it snow, sighing heavily with contentment at the beauty of the scene outside. My mom LOVED nature (especially snow) and taught us 6 kids to do the same.

BECCA - Sounds like your summer weather is just around the corner! 😎 I can't wait to hear about your baby. Today is due date, isn't it?

MARY Q - I use canned chicken all the time. Chix salad (mixed up just like tuna - only edible! :lol: ), fast chicken soup, enchiladas, chix & dumplings, chix alfredo, white chili, and much more. It's great for camping meals, in my emergency food stash, and for any time I don't have regular chicken on hand or don't have time or inclination to fix it. We buy ours at Costco and it's very good, no waste, all white meat. I think your gifts for the girls are great! Plus an experience with their Nana! My BFF, Marlene, always likes to give "experiences" as gifts for her grands. Which translates to precious memories.

JANA - glad to hear the G S Lake level has risen! Carol says Shasta also is 101% of record average (whatever that is), but it sounds like good news. It was nearly only a river in Nov. and slightly better in Jan when we saw it. Wonder what Lk Mead is doing... I have a snowplow story for you, too! Several years ago were camped in our fifth-wheel in a little park just north of Klamath Falls and woke up to 3" of snow. We saw a snow plow going by and started following it, happy to have found cleared roadway. We couldn't really see around him but figured he was doing the major route through town. Nope! He was ending shift and we all ended up in the county yard with all the other snow plows and sanding trucks! We got more than a few funny looks as we maneuvered to turn around and get back out and onto the road.

CHRISS - prayers said and sent for you and Jerry. How did yesterday go? And then how as dinner with parents? What did you have? Was there peach cobbler? I don't weed eat. For one, my back just can't do it, but two - I'm too short for the weed eater!

KATHY - hello! how are you feeling? Any news on house next door? Are you getting new neighbors or are they just remodeling? Winter seems odd time to remodel, though. .

Since we were having 'surprise' company last night, I really had to turn to and get the house ready after we got home from camping. Especially since we had set off bug bombs. I wanted to wipe down ALL surfaces, then vacuum, sweep kitchen, etc. I also did 3 loads of laundry because I wanted to do our pillowcases and towels that were out in the bombing area. Then I made a veggie tray for snacking, set a table for 6 with all my Fiesta ware, and had an hour to putz around in my sewing room, putting away all my trimmed squares and rectangles and strips. It was a nice evening with good friends. Today is clean trailer, give our downstairs the same treatment I gave the upstairs yesterday (polish, dust, wipe, sweep, vac), work on HSH swap blocks, and then we have a funeral to go to at 4pm. After that, I plan to come home, power down, jammie up, and relax in front of the TV, maybe do some cross-stitch.

Wishing everyone full bobbins.

mary z
>^+^<

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:13 am

Judi The earliest possible date to get in is June but who knows Just depends on who moves or when one is available

Lyn Denise will still be 1hr & 15 mins away from me Alex my oldest son lives there plus his 4 boys all live there & my other son is close enough he can visit too so I will have company
Becca
I’m trying to not get in a hurry but I want to get settled and get my things out of storage

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:20 am

Hi everyone. We are sitting here visiting with our son, drinking coffee, and waiting till time to head out to family reunion, that's at noon.
It's snowing a little here. Further north they are getting a lot more snow. Here will be an inch or two, but the ground surface is too warm for it to stick. Won't be too bad. I am so ready for Spring.
Not much else to say this morning. Hope everything goes good for you today.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”