Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday March 25,2023

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Saturday March 25,2023

Post by maryq » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:32 am

Good Morning Girls

Hey, Where did Friday go! I look around here and nothing has changed since I wrote yesterday morning? The cleaning fairy must have missed me AGAIN! Oh wait, I know... We had an Assn Board meeting and that took AAAALLLLL afternoon. Well, meeting didn't last too long, but when 4 gals get together.... well you know how that goes!

Lois... That's the fun thing about going to the quilt show.... it's sure to get your creative juices flowing again! My problem is I have too much creative juices so they spill out all over the place! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lyn... do you have to sit around and wait while the jeep is fixed? I thought of you the other day when I was organizing some stuff from KC's. She had a HUGE batch of beads and charms ... She had little boxes full of bead that she had never opened! Not sure if they are the kind you use, but it sure made me think of you!

Becca.... Got the PM. My BFF makes those cards for me. The flower is probably a picture of my Dad's flowers. He grew all sorts of flowers and took pictures of every one of them. At one point I think I had over 600 prints of his flowers. I just had to think of something to do with them. I sew for her, she makes cards for me and that's our gift to each for Christmas every year. Glad to hear you had a good day with Mark and Denise... Another "first" for you without CA, :cry:

Judi.... Ken brought YOU coffee? Oh my gosh, what's the like to have a husband bring you coffee. Tom will do that for Viv too and it just surprised the heck out of me the first time I saw him do it! I didn't know men were capable of that. :lol: Did you have to train him, and offer him little rewards when he was learning how?

Diane.... Did you decide to stay put for a while? Give up the search for a new building spot? Even land has gotten so expensive around here. A lot of farmers are selling off their land because nobody wants to farm any more. They are building houses so close together to squeeze as many in as possible. My old house had an acre of land, now the houses are barely 20 feet apart. If you can find an acre to build on around here it's well over $100 thousand.

Jana... How long has Sandee been waiting for her RV? Is she going to hit the road when it arrives? Do you suppose she take any of your little ones with her for a weekend. I bet Ethan would love to go along. IF it's snow at your house... please keep it there.. We've had enough!

Maryz... I just might have to try canned chicken next time I get groceries. Your evening at home tonight sounds perfect. I usually shut down my sewing machines about between 4 & 5pm and get things tidied up a bit and think of something for supper... then park fanny on the couch for a nice evening of hand work or knitting.

Velda... Oh say it isn't so.... SNOW??

Went to open garage door yesterday and dang it!!! It wouldn't open!!! Shawn and Tom stopped by and checked it out.. One of the big springs that helps open it is broken! Tom was able to get it open enough for me to get my car out. Soonest I can get it fixed is Tuesday. I was hoping it would be warm enough to work in the garage today, but from the looks of the house I better do inside chores today. Maybe next weekend it will be warmer.

Am debating if I should go take my shower now and wait until after I've scrubbed floors... no sense being clean then getting all sweaty vacuuming and mopping right?

What I need right now is coffee and music!!!

Hope you all have an awesome day!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:04 am

Good morning. We will be drying out this weekend and only expect a chance of rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. They say after that is will be warm and dry for the next few weeks. I'm ready for dry and warm.

Yesterday Jerry's MRI took 3 hours. They ran 4 different MRI's, they put dye in his veins, and he didn't even glow in the dark. After that we went to dinner with the parents. It was a bit much for him and we won't be scheduling anything else on appointment days. He wanted to do yard work today, but I am thinking he will be resting. We have a bronchoscopy consultation scheduled for Wednesday and hopefully they will schedule the test and biopsy so we can get it done and start treatment. They don't know what kind of cancer it is so can't make up his chemo or radiation plan until they know. We see the cancer doctor on Friday.

If you count the days and deduct the weekends things are moving along at a good pace, but when you are the one waiting it seems things move slowly and it's frustrating.

Lois, I messaged you some bunny stuff on FB, did you see the message, I think it's something you would like. Maybe it will get you in the mood.

Lyn, brakes are a necessity. Glad you will get yours fixed. Hope you figure out your roof woes.

Becca, so glad the baby and mamma are doing well. Do we know yet if I am going to be an aunt or an uncle? Thanks for the prayers.

Judi, I like to know where people live also, it's fun, and never as I imagine it. Hope Ken's knee surgery goes well. Sounds like you might need to start a 4th book while finishing up with Jane.

Diane, whatever you do today hope it's enjoyable. What a nice memory of your mom, I've been trying to think of a nice memory of my mom but haven't come up with one yet. If I think of one before I finish this post, I will let you know.

Jana, I bet it's pretty to sew and look out at the snow. It is pretty to see but I am glad I don't see it often.

Maryz, glad you got the work done and had some play time before company came. What is going on with Vicky's house? Did Bills videos help figure out what happened with her? I don't mind weed eating but it makes my voice go away (I know, I know, blessings abound) I have to wear a mask or bandana around my mouth and nose.

Maryq, when you girls were talking canned chicken, I was imagining a whole, or cut up, can full of cooked chicken pieces. I would use canned, tuna like, chicken. When you said your garage door wouldn't open, I thought maybe you had it too full of fabric. Kind of like the closet where you open the door, and everything tumbles out.

I think I will get my day started. There are two craft fairs in town, 30 miles away, I probably won't go. I'm not really anxious to leave Jerry home alone for too long, mostly because of me not because of him. I pray this last test happen quickly and treatment starts soon.

You all have a marvelously wonderful day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:41 am

Good Cloudy Morning......rain due any minute...

Sorry I keep going missing. Having challenges with sleep/grumpiness. I recorded a special on Fox reporter Ben Hall & his fellow reporters. He was so injured in Kyiv, I shouldn't complain about loss of sleep. I plan on reading his book.

Planning on working in the sewing room. Not much happening here but plenty to do.

Lois......have a wonderful time at the quilt show...haven't been to one in years. I'm sure you'll find you MoJo there.

Lyn.......I agree a car repair shop you can trust is a great thing.

Becca....so happy to hear Spring is somewhere. Sending prayers for you, Baby & Mom.

Judi........your rain will be here soon, thank you! All your cleaning will keep you more than busy. Congrats on reaching 3 audio books, the end is coming.

Diane......happy sewing!

Jana......Winter at your house? You and Becca are at opposite ends.

Maryz.......Canned chicken? I some how missed that one. When I was little my mother made "cheating chicken soup" with a whole cooked chicken in broth. It was my job to take the meat off the bones. I loved that soup. I'll have to look it up. No news on the house next door. No hammering the last few days. Spring is a good time for people to move. I'll have to go back & see what bug issue you had.

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:28 pm

Good afternoon all! Just a quick stop in today. The wind here is horrible and doing about 45+ mph. Drove out to get the mail and it was not good. While at end of my long driveway mail almost blew out of the mailbox. Glad I saved it. Not much going on here. Just watching men's and women's March Madness games. Threw away my men's bracket sheet after all #1's were beaten. The women's sheet isn't much better. So many high-ranking teams have gotten beat. Well, that makes it interesting and not so boring. I just enjoy filling out my sheets every year.

Smoke and Sweetie are sleeping and not doing much else today. Well, better get back to reading my newspapers and cross stitching while I watch the games. Hope you all are having a good and safe day. If you live in the tornado areas down south I am praying for you.

The Amazon guy just brought my order today. What did I ever do before Amazon? It is so nice to go on and order things there. I don't do groceries but do other things so I don't have to go all over town looking for something sometimes.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”