Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday March 23rd

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Thursday March 23rd

Post by suzette58 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:26 am

Good morning.
I have finally got my new Bernina back from the repair person. She never found anything wrong except the weight of the thread. So they recommend the Aurifil on the orange spool or Guterminn. My other Bernina I have been able to use any thread. But, I got that one in 2012. Today is my checkup with the dr and then I will treat myself to some coffee at a local coffee shop similar to Starbucks but much better. Well, I am off to get my 2nd cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

grammiequilts

Re: Thursday March 23rd

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:37 am

Good morning Suzette, glad all is working out with your machine,,,I never heard of a machine that could only use one kind of thread. But my repair guy told me years ago not to use Coats and Clark because it produces too much lint and clogs the machine,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARYZ!
Another day of just doing my thing,,,I do need to run to the store for a few things,,,but other than that I will probably have sew day today, Laundry is done and I really need to find something for supper...
I use Amazon subscribe and save for delivery of soaps and paper products,,and yesterday for some reason my whole monthly orders have disappearred,,,I usually can go in and see whats coming and when and its gone...so now I have to call Amazon to find out if its all coming still or I need to redo my orders... so a few phone calls today also....First coffee....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:42 am

Happy Birthday MaryZ!
Suzette

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:54 am

Good Morning Judi and Suzette,

Yes Judi I herd the same thing about coats and Clark's thread and I stopped using it I Love Arfill thread but then again I like the thread from connecting threads also.

Today will be a cleaning day I won't be able to get my walk in because it's raining.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY Z.

Well thats all the news from here have a great day.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:22 am

Happy Birthday Maryz!! I always can remember your special day! Because mine is May 23!
A cute story that I have to laugh. One year, way back, now, my DH got mixed up and thought my birthday day March 23. Ha, Ha. That year, if I would have kept my mouth shut I could have celebrated twice. Only problem... I sure wouldn't have wanted to add the extra year. Ha, Ha. He didn't do it every again!
Sure hope you have a fun day!
This is a big day here. All condo owners are meeting at the lawyer's office as the developers turn over the HOA to the condo owners. We have to elect officers, etc. Not sure if all that is done today or at another meeting arranged with just the condo owners??
Nobody knows just what to expect. I feel a little nervous about it all. The neighbors are asking me to accept the office of president??? Not sure I am qualified, but maybe I will feel better about it after this meeting today. Need to understand what needs to be done. We as a neighborhood have someone qualified for treasurer and secretary, and a vice president.
Well, enough about my thoughts. Back to my coffee time.
Have a great day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:35 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARYZ I will be back in a bit. Got to walk u know who.
Katy

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:06 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Maryz Hope it’s special filled with fun cake & Love ones
Yesterday was a day filled with food &fun texts calls & FaceTime They took me to a place that is decorated like the 50s & makes their own ice cream It was great Then Denise made a delicious meal to top the day off She wanted me to go for a manicure and pedicure but I didn’t Msybe another day
We had a rainy day so no walk Hoping for one today
I’m starting to work on tea towels for embroidery
Our sweet baby has had to have scans twice this week They are watching them so close Her due date is Saturday
Sure hope the thread works right Suz & you get good report
Judi Enjoy your me day
Lois Hope the sun greets you on your walk
Velda I too would be a tad nervous about HOA switching hands I’m sure that would be quite a responsibility hearing all the complaints
I must run get my room straightened up & do some cleaning
Happy sewing 🧵 day to all. Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:09 am

Good day to all.

Lois-I found my Jamone likes connecting thread. I use it for the sewing machine "miss cutie" and the versa also "miss Vera". Some of the other threads are too linty and some some break to often.

Maryz--HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Hope you do something fun today.

Suzette--Today I also pick up my Jamone today from the "hospital". It met up with a sneaking pin that I didn't see but most definitely heard when the accident happened. It was not a good sight-the pin was stuck and looked worse that a fishing hook when I finally got it out of the machine. Threw out the timing. Don't have the final cost.

Velda--What is going on with your HOA?? I don't know the back story.

Well off for coffee and to start the day.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:29 am

Good morning, everyone!

Thank you for the birthday messages. Seems I was just peaking at my presents for my fourth birthday and voila’! I’m 72! How did that happen? Lol!

Velda, that’s too funny about your DH mixing up your birthday. The first few years we were together Bill did the same and thought mine was May 23! I think you will make an excellent HOA president

Lois, funny how different machines like different threads. My Bernie likes Aurifil, too, Though I usually use superior because we have an account with them and buy it in large cones.

Becca, i’m glad your birthday was such a nice day. A day with loving family is the best gift of all. Good luck with your baby. I can’t wait to hear all about it. They are doing a lot of scans on Autumn now too. Our baby will be here on or about April 7.

Judi, sorry about your Amazon order. I didn’t know you could actually call Amazon. Good luck!

Suzette, my Bernie does not like Essential threads. It fills up with lint big time. I don’t think I’ve ever used coats in Clark’s. I use superior threads that I order in big cones. Or Guterrmans. I carry a maintenance agreement on my machine and have it serviced about three times a year and they always send it back with a spool of Auriful thread so my guess is that is what they recommend.

Katy, thank you for the good wishes. Have fun on your walk with Bernie. We will be out with Scotty soon!

Yesterday we drove into the little town of Westport And walked the boardwalk along the water and a Long pier. I bought a few things at the cute gift shop At the end pier. There is also a Long jetty of huge rocks where feral cats live. There are feeding stations along the jetty and people feed the cats, 😻

Today we are driving to the Warm Company factory about 40 miles back up the highway to pick up a bolt of batting in The itty-bitty town of Elma. Then going to an LQS in Aberdeen. Bill’s sister lives in this area so we will end the day with enchiladas at her house. Her husband makes them using his moms recipe and they are so good!

We pack up in the morning and will head back home. It’s been a nice trip but I’m ready For home again.

Hoping we all get to roll in the Cotton A little bit today..

Mary Z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:13 am

Morning
Happy birthday Maryz!
I use coats and Clark on my machine because it's in my budget. But I have learned how to pull my machine apart and clean it. I do this often.
Still feeling crummy. Back to docs tomorrow. Lots of rain today and tomorrow, so I may actually get to sewing room.
I will post on Facebook QIAD gals what I'm doing with my great grandma's doilies.
Flo

Return to “Sew ins”